Paste from Clipboard without background?

• Why can't you paste from the clipboard into Clip Studio Paint EX Ver.1.7.3 without the white background. I know how to remove white from a layer but I want no white to begin with.

• You have to export the file as a PNG with transparency in Affinity. I don't think Clipboard copies in PNG with transparency.

• Yes its a clipboard limitation .... but here is how to paste transparent images .... BTW the clipboard limitation is the same happens in Photoshop and other programs....

if is a web image you can right click the image and copy the web address to the clipboard ...then in CSP you click open and in the filename you paste that URL.... if its a PNG with transparency the image will be pulled in with retained transparency. ...or if you want to paste it into an existing image with transparency retained go to file >import>image and in the filename again you can paste that url.

• @888toto Wow that's strange they won't do that. Affinity Photo.,Artrage,Paint brush,Pixelmator,Medibank, Graphic all paste without white background but not Clip Studio Paint EX Ver.1.7.3. I love the software other than some simple things, import .pdf not rotating text, no abr brush import and of course this new found limitation.

• @uncle808us said in Paste from Clipboard without background?:

@888toto Wow that's strange they won't do that. Affinity Photo.,Artrage,Paint brush,Pixelmator,Medibank, Graphic all paste without white background .

Really ?? where are you copying from ?... when I apply the same test of copy a png from google chrome Affinity Photo applies a black background the same as photoshop and CSP and Paint etc.... This is believed to be a limitation of the clipboard ( 24 bit that does not cater for transparency). Obviously internally within these programs they are able to create an enhanced form of copy paste ... so you can copy at full color including transparency ( thats true also of CSP) ... but through the general clipboard I don't think so.

• @888toto I'm copying from Comic Life 3 to Savvy Clipboard.
    My clip board (Savvy Clipboard) http://blitzclicksoft.com I just wrote support and asked if it supports .png I'm pretty sure it does but they will answer me soon. Then I will let you know.

• Between different drawing programs ..I agree with you its not so good in CSP e.g I can copy a part filled layer from affinity to Photoshop and it just copies the filled parts ... while in CSP in makes a box around the filled part and fills the transparency with white.. Actually the reverse also true ... photoshop or affinity will add a white box around something copied from CSP ...I guess its because CSP handles transparency differently to Photoshop ( and all the other programs base their color /transparency handling on the Photoshop model). Within CSP that way of handling transparency is one of its strengths... but it is incompatible with other drawing programs.

• @888toto said in Paste from Clipboard without background?:

Between different drawing programs ..I agree with you its not so good in CSP e.g I can copy a part filled layer from affinity to Photoshop and it just copies the filled parts ... while in CSP in makes a box around the filled part and fills the transparency with white.. Actually the reverse also true ... photoshop or affinity will add a white box around something copied from CSP ...I guess its because CSP handles transparency differently to Photoshop ( and all the other programs base their color /transparency handling on the Photoshop model). Within CSP that way of handling transparency is one of its strengths... but it is incompatible with other drawing programs.

Thanks888. Maybe it will change in the future. The future looks bright, with a white background.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.