Queue Manager 11 and Vista (32bit)

• My main machine is an iMac but I have an old Acer PC kicking about not really doing much that I was given, so figured why not give Queue Manager a try since I've got two computers and have never even tried it before. The Acer is running Vista... and that isn't compatible with Queue Manager I guess...

The first hurdle was making an exception to allow Queue Manager despite Vista's DEP. But even after all that stuffing around, I then get hit with the following error:

The procedure entry point K32GetModuleBaseNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

My guess is that Queue Manager and Vista just aren't compatible, but figured I'd post just in case I've missed something.

• Poser Ambassadors

I believe that P11, P11Pro, and Queue Manager 11 require Win7 or later.

P10/Pro2014 were the last versions which will run on Vista, if I remember correctly.

• I guess that explains it then, thanks @seachnasaigh.

• and even if you upgrade to win10, QueueManager is broken totally under PP11.1

• Poser Ambassadors

If Cobra thought it worthwhile to update Windows, he could simply run the 34338 installer (i.e., 11.0.8.34338). That build does work for using Queue 11.

But, I would not invest any money into a 32bit machine; they don't have enough memory capacity to allow for big or complex scenes.

If you want to get a render slave, I recommend used/refurb servers. For example, $150 gets you two H/T quad-core processors and 16GB memory.

Add your own ~240GB hard drive and an OEM Windows license.

• Interesting comment from amethystpendant re queuemanager. I've been running it under poser11.1 with no problems. Don't know if this was because I upgraded to 11.1 rather than did full re-install.
    I'd read other people saying that it didn't work so was a little surprised when it did. I'd never used it before so I must be doing something wrong to get it to work :-)

• @seachnasaigh said in Queue Manager 11 and Vista (32bit):

If Cobra thought it worthwhile to update Windows, he could simply run the 34338 installer (i.e., 11.0.8.34338). That build does work for using Queue 11.

Only if he knew NOT to install 11.1!

@j.naylor73 said in Queue Manager 11 and Vista (32bit):

Interesting comment from amethystpendant re queuemanager. I've been running it under poser11.1 with no problems. Don't know if this was because I upgraded to 11.1 rather than did full re-install.
    I'd read other people saying that it didn't work so was a little surprised when it did. I'd never used it before so I must be doing something wrong to get it to work :-)

If you are using it locally it works fine, only if you use another PC as the slave does it balk

• Poser Ambassadors

Even if @Cobra has installed 11.1, he could look in the C:\Users\admin\SmithMicroDLM\Downloads\installed folder and re-run 34338 (full installer, not updater patch).

@j-naylor73 Agree w @amethystpendant that 11.1 Queue will run on the workstation itself, but you can't exploit remotes because there was no 11.1 update for Queue-only.
    If you had P11Pro installed on a secondary PC, then it could be used as a remote. Launch Queue on the remote, not P11Pro.

• I have poser 11.1pro installed on two machines.
    I start queue manager on both machines, and on the machine from which I am rendering have process jobs locally unchecked.
    I've just run a render this way with no problem to check.

• Poser Ambassadors

@j.naylor73 You don't need to launch Queue on the master machine (the one with P11Pro opened). When you send to Queue, Queue will auto-launch.

You do need to already have Queue launched on the remote. Both machines must be on the same build number.
    Poser, Queue, and FFrender64 need firewall permissions both in/out.

So, if I read your post correctly, you did successfully send a job to a remote?

• @seachnasaigh No, I read that as he had Poser Pro running on both machines not Poser Pro on one and the stand alone queue manager on the other.

• Yes I did. Just double checked by using resource monitor that it is the remote doing the rendering, and it definitely is, all cores running on that machine at 100%+

• @j.naylor73 But do you have full Poser Pro installed on the second machine or just the queue manager?

• And just to clarify, I have p11.i pro installed on both machines but it was not running on remote, as they are both on same license.

• Yes but that is diffeent to installing the separately licensed Queue Manager on a second machine machine which you can run on multiple machines under the license unlike PP11

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.