Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop

• These socks were made for Genesis 3 and I would like them to eventually be conforming to V4. I've fit them to G3 to V4 morph in Daz Studio and exported as .obj. I imported them to Poser and got them looking like this, fitting perfectly. I've tried using them as dynamic but it just didn't work well. I have no clue on rigging but am willing to learn enough to convert these if possible. Can someone please advise on how to go forward with this? I also have no experience with 3D modelers too. Is there an easy copy rigging button?? Lol, I suppose it can't be that easy.

0_1522088297576_d4686267-cc74-4739-9267-f8d0f91df22b-image.png

• As a total noob to rigging, I should probably let someone else explain this, but you would use the fitting room and add your sock and V4 and then choose make figure. Although this relates to converting from v4 to PE it should get you started
    Figure creation

If you want to go down the dynamic route I would advise setting everything to be constrained and set collision offset and collision depth to 0.1 , that's what i do with socks and stockings

Amanda

• @amethystpendant said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

As a total noob to rigging, I should probably let someone else explain this, but you would use the fitting room and add your sock and V4 and then choose make figure. Although this relates to converting from v4 to PE it should get you started
    Figure creation

If you want to go down the dynamic route I would advise setting everything to be constrained and set collision offset and collision depth to 0.1 , that's what i do with socks and stockings

Amanda

Thanks, the fitting room did it. I thought of using it but since I tried so many things I believe I forgot to try it. I did have to save the imported obj first as a prop then do the fitting room as it kept crashing Poser till I figured it out.

0_1522100783586_340e2b90-fb5a-4940-aee7-2edcfb28a05e-image.png

• @shadow_fyre said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

These socks were made for Genesis 3 and I would like them to eventually be conforming to V4. I've fit them to G3 to V4 morph in Daz Studio and exported as .obj. I imported them to Poser and got them looking like this, fitting perfectly. I've tried using them as dynamic but it just didn't work well. I have no clue on rigging but am willing to learn enough to convert these if possible. Can someone please advise on how to go forward with this? I also have no experience with 3D modelers too. Is there an easy copy rigging button?? Lol, I suppose it can't be that easy.

0_1522088297576_d4686267-cc74-4739-9267-f8d0f91df22b-image.png

Actually, Poser does actually let you copy rigging from one figure to another, but you're also right, it's not that easy. All conforming figures in Poser, be they clothing or characers, require bones for the rigging to work and for that you either need to use the Setup Room or the Fitting Room. Most people swear the Fitting Room is the only way to go. I actually have little experience with that so good luck with that.

• Ok, everything went really well, I got all the clothes in this Gen3 set converted and conformed. But this shirt got spikes in it and I've forgotten how to fix it. Something from a long time ago when I learned it. Help?
    0_1522107092356_942cc27e-a514-4ce2-aecf-aa412c591dd9-image.png

• Poser Ambassadors

IIRC it's something to do with adjusting angles using the joint editor ... I think ;)

• I opened the joint editor and tried a few things, nothing seemed to change this. It's a patch of vertices that are pinned to that spot and everything moves around it, on the back side of both arms. I've also tried the "copy joint zones from".
    0_1522115558324_385c3ba5-3aea-4ccd-a194-e9e8ba9c290b-image.png
    Also, it's across 2 different groups if that makes a difference.
    0_1522115960806_01472e54-dd95-4346-a541-c2976bc79504-image.png

• You'll need to adjust the scale of the "InnerMatSphere" (Green Circle) on the joints to include the polys that are sticking out. You may need to do this for both bend & Side-Side. For twist you'll just adjust the length of the twist bar(?)

May just need to do with joint for shoulder or possibly both shoulder and forearm. Depends if fixint it on the one actor works or not. After fixed you can do the symmetry left to right arm, or right to left, as case may be.

• @shadow_fyre said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

I opened the joint editor and tried a few things, nothing seemed to change this. It's a patch of vertices that are pinned to that spot and everything moves around it, on the back side of both arms. I've also tried the "copy joint zones from".
    0_1522115558324_385c3ba5-3aea-4ccd-a194-e9e8ba9c290b-image.png
    Also, it's across 2 different groups if that makes a difference.
    0_1522115960806_01472e54-dd95-4346-a541-c2976bc79504-image.png

Did you Copy the joint zones from your Genesis figure TO the clothing? Try copying Symmetry from one arm to the other.

• This PhilC rigging tutorial shows you how to fix it:

• @rlowens68 said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

You'll need to adjust the scale of the "InnerMatSphere" (Green Circle) on the joints to include the polys that are sticking out. You may need to do this for both bend & Side-Side. For twist you'll just adjust the length of the twist bar(?)

May just need to do with joint for shoulder or possibly both shoulder and forearm. Depends if fixint it on the one actor works or not. After fixed you can do the symmetry left to right arm, or right to left, as case may be.

Awesome, this got me going in the right direction! Thank you :)

@eclark1849 said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

Did you Copy the joint zones from your Genesis figure TO the clothing? Try copying Symmetry from one arm to the other.

No, Only V4 was in the scene.

@Glitterati3D said in Creating Conforming Clothing from Prop:

This PhilC rigging tutorial shows you how to fix it:

Thanks, that helped!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.