What Kind of Poser Content do you buy the most?

• For the past few years, we've been told that without a decent figure to support, Poser's days are numbered. The problem I've always had with that supposition is that all content is not figure specific. So a gun bought for M4 should work just as well with Paul, Hiro, Dusk or V4 for that matter.

So taking that concept into mind, Let me ask you, what type of content do you buy most? Which of your Runtime Libraries have the most stuff in it?

• Personally... Shoes, Hair, Skin/Characters (all for v4) then Scenery / incidental props I don't buy clothes much as I tend to make my own dynamic ones as the conforming ones I have bought tend to be great standing still but as soon as you start posing you spend more time trying to fix poke thru etc that you do running a cloth sim, It means I lose out on some nice clothes but I can live with that.

TBH PE is the first non-V4 model I have done anything with, but if I couldn't fit V4 hair I don't think I would have made the leap, I have too much invested in V4, clothes I don't mind making but I've never been able to model hair :(

• If I buy anything it is shoes and skins because I cannot make these myself and there may not be good conversion tools.

Hair I buy if I really like the style. Hair is easy to convert between figures so a good investment. Same for accessoires like glasses and jewelry.

Clothing and props I prefer to make myself. Clothing because I have the tools for making garments that meet my standards. Props because very little of what is on offer meets my standards wrt. realistic look and cultural feel.

• Mostly hair, I do a lot of lookalikes and often try to find the right hair, and if I can't find it,I try to make a matching dynamic hair. And shoes.
    I don't buy much nowadays, I already have too much.

• If I was any good at Hair modeling I would know where I'd need to spend my time :)

@bopperthijs I agree that getting the hair right for a look-a-like is a must. On that point, i.e. look-a-likes do you make your morphs on a shaded base or without materials? I only ask as I have lways tried to get a matching skin (when using V4) wheras when I was trying to morph PE I found a blank base, i.e, @Biscuits colour map nothing more was helpfull.

• The only things I have purchased, ever, were a couple of full body morphs for Dawn. I started modeling so that I didn't have to put thousands of dollars into a hobby I wasn't sure I was going to keep working on (that logic came from my wife). But here it is 8 years later and I am still doing it. I've bought the software (except for Poser Pro 11, that was gifted to me), but I haven't purchased that much content. If I did, it would be hair. I haven't tried to create hair yet, and from the look of the .obj files and the trans maps it would probably drive me nuts trying.

• I buy a little bit of everything. But I'm a sucker for nice scenes.

I could model some of them myself, but texturing it would take too long, and I'm all for the "oooh shiny new thing"

Clothes ... Occasionally. If it either looks realistic or is something I need for a picture in my head.

Hair .. I have so much hair. But I've bought Biscuits' two latest hairpieces, solely because they had a fit for PE (well and because they looked nice, of course)
    I've modelled a LITTLE bit of hair myself during the years, but it's tedious and hard to get to look RIGHT.

Oh and I do buy stuff for the boys, as well. M4 in particular. I've bought quite a lot of male stuff simply to encourage vendors to keep making it.

• While I appreicate the answers everyone here has given, I just want to let you all know that that if you are a registered forum user at Hivewire3d.com, I have just set up a survey for the same question there.

• I mainly buy scenes, props etc.
    As far as figure specific content I now buy stuff for almost any figure that is native to poser except for V4/M4 as I really have enough for those, so only buy if there is something VERY cheap or fairly unique (ok I know that doesn't make sense since something is either unique or not but I'm sure you get my drift, I don't check the whole world to ensure something is unique!) such as some of the military uniforms by Cybertenko at Rendo.

1. High quality body textures (which come with some good character sets)
    2. Hair! Can't have enough of those.
    3. Shoes & clothing. Please! Everyday clothing, no skimpware!
    4. Props when they are to scale and don't need endless fiddling just to get a set of 1000+ single items and their textures to look right.

K

• Poser Ambassadors

I love anything toon! I do kid's books for a living and I cant find enough toon things.
    I love 3D Universes characters..but sadly much of it cant be used in Poser ( without alot of work getting the items to work in Poser).
    Other than that, I love critters, hair and scenery props. Oh..and buildings! Houses and such!
    I spend a lot of $$ on content!

• @ccartwright said in What Kind of Poser Content do you buy the most?:

I love anything toon! I do kid's books for a living and I cant find enough toon things.
    I love 3D Universes characters..but sadly much of it cant be used in Poser ( without alot of work getting the items to work in Poser).
    Other than that, I love critters, hair and scenery props. Oh..and buildings! Houses and such!

There is a Toon/Anime category in the 3D Content Directory That may interest you. Check my sig for the link.

• Real world average style hairs, dynamic street and lazy day clothing (It's hard to find this stuff when there's 631287361236912837834723984 slutwear products clogging up the stores), high quality character skins (Texture Transformer is the only reason for this), and realistic/everyday scenery/places/buildings.

If people actually made good quality shoes for the SM figures that would be included in this list but sadly there's -4 shoe products for them.

• Poser Ambassadors

Fun Question!

I buy mostly utilities/scripts for Poser.

And Merchant Resources that I cannot make myself.

And cool scenes like truform makes, because they are real timeconsuming to do.

And shoes, because rigging is no love of mine... Lol

• I love buying morph sets, for mixing and matching. They have to be new custom morphs. I hate morph presets with passion. They are o.k. as freebies, but in a product, I just feel cheated. I am allways looking for hair. There is a lot of hair, but it is hard to get good hair. Space ship interiors are hard to resist too. Complete buildings with interiors are one of my fave items. Waiting for the day someone is releasing a good southern france villa with a swimming pool. :-D

• @masterstroke said in What Kind of Poser Content do you buy the most?:

I love buying morph sets, for mixing and matching. They have to be new custom morphs. I hate morph presets with passion. They are o.k. as freebies, but in a product, I just feel cheated. I am allways looking for hair. There is a lot of hair, but it is hard to get good hair. Space ship interiors are hard to resist too. Complete buildings with interiors are one of my fave items. Waiting for the day someone is releasing a good southern france villa with a swimming pool. :-D

Complete buildings with interiors is a little over the top for me. Although if I were trying to make a movie or something then yeah.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 said in What Kind of Poser Content do you buy the most?:

@ccartwright said in What Kind of Poser Content do you buy the most?:

There is a Toon/Anime category in the 3D Content Directory That may interest you. Check my sig for the link.

Thank you! I will check it out! :)

• @masterstroke Not unlike what I tried to do with a House I was making for Dawn.

• Quick update. Probably not a big surprise to anyone, but Clothes and Hair are leading the polls for the things most people have in their Runtimes.
    Charaters/Morphs is next and there seems to be a bit of a tie between Props and Poses.