FAQ: Can I stop a forum topic from scrolling forever?
By default, forum topics are set to scroll infinitely. All replies to a thread will appear on the same page. If there are a number of replies to a topic, or if the topic contains a lot of images, it can result in a lot of scrolling.
To limit the number of topics that are listed in a category, or posts that appear on a single page in a topic, you can set Pagination preferences in your profile settings as follows:
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the top banner. Then click on your user name to open your Profile page.
- Click the circle with three small dots to expand the Profile menu, and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Pagination area.
- Check the Paginate topics and posts instead of using infinite scroll option.
- The Topics per Page setting defines how many topics will be listed on each category page. The default is 20.
- The Posts per Page setting defines how many posts will be listed on each topic page. The default is 20.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Settings page to save your changes.