Using CGI in Cinema

• So I just finished watching Rogue One, the Star Wars movie, and while I think I know your opinion on the use of CGI in movies today, I'd like to know what you thought of the use of the CGI in Rogue one or any other popular movie today. Do you think we're there yet? I read some of the criticism and frankly, after seeing the movie, I think the criticisms I read were reaching a bit.

• Poser Ambassadors

There's more CGI in movies then most realize.
    From Pirates of the Carabian, over Tron Legacy to "The Great wall" (made in China).

Just => YouTube : "The making of" and add the movie title. ( or "behind the scenes of, or VFX in . . . . )

As an example "The Great wall they build is 10 ft tall and there is NOTHING around it but green of blue screen.

From Tron Legacy

• Poser Ambassadors

Another nice example: Condensed.... The wall is 10 ft tall, and there is NOTHING around it.

• There is a lot of CGI even in movies that are not about sci fi, monsters or outer space themed. They use it to 'fix' little errors in editing when it's impossible or impractical to do a reshoot.

• @rokketman said in Using CGI in Cinema:

There is a lot of CGI even in movies that are not about sci fi, monsters or outer space themed. They use it to 'fix' little errors in editing when it's impossible or impractical to do a reshoot.

You mean like that terrible job they did of removing Superman's mustache in Justice League? :) I don't know if I'd call that actual CGI though.

• @eclark1849 Yeah, I thought of that too. I just didn't want to mention it. It was pretty gawd aweful...