G3/v7 available for poser?

• @gsfcreator I've only experimented with her a little because I usually do fully clothed characters, and then V4 is good enough. But I've noticed two possibly useful resources on sharecg:

1. This guy's made a lot of characters specifically for Sasha-16: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=klausdbg

2. This might be a useful tool if you want to transfer characters you've made from V4 to Sasha-16: http://www.sharecg.com/v/90202/browse/11/Poser/Copy-Paste-Morphs-Deltas-updated-01-10-2018

• @gsfcreator said in G3/v7 available for poser?:

@RobZhena most of the G3 characters just looks extra real IMHO. I'd love to be able to use them in my poser. I just need to know if its possible to work with pp2014 and trying to get a an answer to that at the moment.

@eclark1849 thanks, man! I saw that there are quite a few items for her. its the lack of skins (characters based on her) that puts me off...those G3 characters got so many, and all of them are extremely detailed and real-looking.

Okay, sounds like you're set on using G3. Fair enough. Sadly, because Genesis is not a native Poser figure, my directory ignores it. And while Project E is very new, Both V4 and Dawn have an extensive number of characters and skins available if you look under the Characters category of the directory. Plus, there are converter programs like
    Blacksmith3D's Texture Transformer that will allow you to use skins on some figures they were not originally designed for.
    This is Poser, don't let a lack of imagination hold you back. :)

• @eclark1849 imagination I have a plenty. its knowledge that I (always) lack :-).

thanks!

by the way - the importing process for G3 won't work on poser pro 2014, unfortunately, so no G3 for me at the moment. I hope DAZ will simply make a version compatible for poser, eventually (I don't see the reason as for why not, since it will open up tons of $$$ spent by poser users like myself), and if it's a matter of software details (things that are beyond my understanding) I hope SM will come out with compatibility on their next poser version (and give us spherical cameras, as well ;) :) ).

• @gsfcreator said in G3/v7 available for poser?:

@eclark1849 imagination I have a plenty. its knowledge that I (always) lack :-).

thanks!

by the way - the importing process for G3 won't work on poser pro 2014, unfortunately, so no G3 for me at the moment. I hope DAZ will simply make a version compatible for poser, eventually (I don't see the reason as for why not, since it will open up tons of $$$ spent by poser users like myself), and if it's a matter of software details (things that are beyond my understanding) I hope SM will come out with compatibility on their next poser version (and give us spherical cameras, as well ;) :) ).

Yeah, it's been 9 years since Genesis first debuted. Don't hold your breath or you're going to turn blue. :)

• @eclark1849 :-(

can anyone explain the main differences between pp2014 and poser 11? I might consider upgrading.

• Poser Ambassadors

• As above guys suggested or said, Sasha 16 is nice upgrade for V4, I use her mostly in my renders with G3F or G8 which I rather export from DS to Poser and then I use her, but Sasha is my first choice for figure

PE is another nice figure

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• guys, same topic but a little different: is there a way to convert only the materials (skin textures mainly) of the G3/G8 characters to V4? the import method of the entire characters works only for poser 11 (and I read that the facial expressions won't work, so its too much a of a trouble. I'll have to stick with V4 and add PE and sasha to my mix...though I must admit one render without any tweaks of G3/G8 in daz made me almost cry :\ )

• I just export the whole figure as FBX and import into Poser and it works fine, including head morphs.

• @ibr_remote Yeah, I did this with Alien Queen, which is the only G8F character that I’ve seen that was cool enough to try. The morphs and textures transferred fine as FBX. You have to drag to pose it, but it has, for example, eyelid control handles that you can use to make expressions. The jaw doen’t Work very well.