Single GTX 1080Ti 11Gb or Dual GTX 1070 8Gb

• I'm about to source a new rig and was wondering if I would be better with 2 GTX1070's with 8Gb or 1 GTX1080Ti with 11Gb only use of the GPU will be rendering / driving dual monitors

• Hi there

From what I tested or run on my PC, 2xGPUs are always faster than only one, because with single card you are always rendering one bucket although larger than with CPU(with CPU you are rendering with 16-32 buckets as most, with Pascal GPUs you should be able to use 512 easily) and with 2 or 3 you are rendering with more buckets or 2x512 buckets

GTX1080Ti is great card, have larger VRAM, its faster in gaming or rendering if we are comparing single card with single card

I still advise for rendering have more GPUs than single if its possible

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @jura11 That is a great help, 2 1070s it is :)

• @amethystpendant two 1070's is gonna rock.

• @amethystpendant another thought about having two cards: You can choose when to use both cards or just one. Set the render to use the card that isn't running your monitor and you can watch movies and surf the internet without even knowing that your system is hard at work rendering something.

• Hi there

Here is quick render test in Blender,Poser won't allow me choose 2 1080,its only allowing me choose one of GPU or all three

First render is 1080Ti which took 1 minute and 7 seconds

alt text

Second same render is with 2x GTX1080

alt text

Third same render but with all three GPUs(GTX1080Ti and 2x GTX1080)

alt text

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

You can also set which GPUs are allowed to process CUDA in the Display Driver.

0_1523602921415_Cuda select.jpg

This can be done globally, or on a per program setup.

It doesn't matter what the program options are, the driver settings will over rule them if you do it globally or on a program basis

• @shvrdavid said in Single GTX 1080Ti 11Gb or Dual GTX 1070 8Gb:

You can also set which GPUs are allowed to process CUDA in the Display Driver.

0_1523602921415_Cuda select.jpg

This can be done globally, or on a per program setup.

It doesn't matter what the program options are, the driver settings will over rule them if you do it globally or on a program basis

Almost forgotten on that,thanks @shvrdavid
    Will do few test later tonight when PC will be free

Thanks,Jura