How many Poser 9+ user are still there?

• Poser Ambassadors

How many from you use still Poser 9+ Firefly render engine?
    I ask because I create for Evolution some jewels ( Still could not solve my pant rigging problem with her, so I needed a break).
    The shader are all procedural and many and till now only done for Poser 11 Superfly.
    Will it be worth the time to convert them for Firefly? Are still many Poser 9+ firefly user out?
    There are 3-4 different necklace , 1 pair of earring and 2 different bracelets with many bijoux pearls to shade.
    I honestly don't know If I should convert them or not.
    Any suggestions?
    Here some quick and dirty render; just to see what I am talking about.2_1523871800850_Render 3.png 1_1523871800850_Render 2.png 0_1523871800850_Render 1.png

• While I'm a Poser 11 user I still do most of my renders in Firefly because somethings just don't work properly in Superfly. For example I use Terradome 2 for outdoor renders and the materials don't work correctly in SF, no micro-polygon displacement, and I don't know enough to try and get them working. And as most of my renders are story based with outdoor and indoor scenes i want things to be consistent.

• I still have Poser 9, although I rarely use it, but I still use Firefly from time to time. Thing is, not everyone is into photrealism. And no one likes being pushed to use something they don't really want to. Give them options.

• Poser Ambassadors

I kept PoserPro 2014 for a long time as backup. But i"ts gone now. => PoserPro11 only these days.
    But I render in ALL of Posers render engines.

• Preview
    • Raytrace
    • FireFly
    • SuperFly
      In that order because the render speed (and render quality) is in that order.

As far as materials go?
    All my materials are converted to the PhysicalSurface root node as all of the above render engines are happy with that root node setup.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Tony not possible here. Those are pure Cycles nodes,
    Well, i guess I will convert them for Firefly too, but with some restrictions.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 Sure you are right. But I just want to have some kind of backup , nobody like to make a huge work for nothing :)
    But when enough Poser Firefly user are still out, than I will have to make my hands dirty there lol

• I'm also still on PP2014 and use the Firefly renderer.

The simple reason for it is that my main "workhorse" is still running Windows XP, and I can' upgrade for various reasons.
    Unfortunately P11 refuses to work in XP, so I'm stuck in the past, so to say.

I guess many others who can't afford to upgrade their computers and Poser to the latest versions of Windows and Poser would be thankful if there was at least a basic support for good ol' Firefly.

As a side note, I still have to see a SuperFly render that makes me really "WANT" that renderer - much can be done in FireFly too, and faster and less grainy... ;)

Cheers!
    Karina

• Poser Ambassadors

@karina Thanks :) I use often Firefly too. I love to render Landscapes with many plants. Here is Superfly a killer.
    Block my machine for hours and the joke is, I anyway go to Photoshop after and heavy postwork it lol.
    I want just to be sure that I don't do something unnecessary .

• @Ladonna I still have Poser 9, but since most of the vendors I beta test for are using either PP2014 or PP11 to create their products, I no longer can test in Poser 9. That said, however, I still have it installed, because I can still access its Runtime, and moving everything to my PP11 Runtime will take time.

As others have mentioned I use both render engines, so if you find you can create these for use with FireFly, I think that would make more folks happy, as then they will have the option to use them no matter which render engine they decide to use, depending on the scene.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B Thank you. I will do like you all suggested.
    I think too it is good for Poser user to have a choice.

OT. You betatest MissB? Can I send you sometimes some stuff for quick tests?

• @Ladonna said in How many Poser 9+ user are still there?:

OT. You betatest MissB? Can I send you sometimes some stuff for quick tests?

Just PM me to see if I'm not already tied up on another project. If I'm not, I'd be happy to oblige. ~smile~

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.