pz2 files (animated poses) source?

• Hi there, poser people.

years ago (4+ years) there were quite a few sites that sold pre-made animation files for poser (keyframes, pz2 files If i remember correctly). googling, I found all of those sites are dead.

any idea if there's anywhere that sells some decent premade animated poses?

also, regarding the same issue - any good guide for using kinect with poser?

thanks in advance <3

• @gsfcreator have you searched for BVH resources? Those animation sequences can be imported into Poser, though almost invariably, their creators ignore hand poses, which makes them look really stilted, if you like expressive hands in your animations. There are hundreds available out there, or were, at least, when I last looked a few years ago.

• @anomalaus Motion capture, BVH, and FBX animation files can be found at sites listed in the Animation Category in the 3DContentdirectory.com.

• Yeah, BVH files are out there, but you will have to do a lot of tweaking to get them to work. Besides the hands which were mentioned, a lot of those files were made with characters that were rigged a lot different than Poser characters, so there are issues with hands and arms passing through the body, and no expressions on their faces.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. This is Sydney G2 with a second skin texture I just threw on her so she wouldn't be naked. I wanted to test the BVH file out. You can see it's really sloppy. And at over 1500 frames, a nightmare to tweak:

• thanks, folks!

@anomalaus yeah, I consider working with BVH. all of the animations I created so far (a few years back, I took a long layoff) I created by animating frame by frame. now that I'm diving back, I thought its a good idea to learn new things and exploit technology and my time better :).

@eclark1849 thanks man! checking this out!

@rokketman looks like a lots of work, indeed, but it still gives a nice base to start from (better than scratch - which was what I used to do :O ). also, once you tweak it - its yours for good. that's what I was looking for - people who already done the in-poser work and sell the pz2's ready to work in poser :)

• Okay. I found this seems-to-be-treasure (some university did it from what I understood, and they share there database!)

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture

now, thing is- the BVH closest to fit poser is the DAZ one, right?

I tried to work with it, and it actually works! but there are a lot of bugs to be fixed, so I was wondering, maybe there's a better way to import them to poser? maybe import first to DAZ, and than export it in a different format?

• @gsfcreator said in pz2 files (animated poses) source?:

Okay. I found this seems-to-be-treasure (some university did it from what I understood, and they share there database!)

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture

now, thing is- the BVH closest to fit poser is the DAZ one, right?

I tried to work with it, and it actually works! but there are a lot of bugs to be fixed, so I was wondering, maybe there's a better way to import them to poser? maybe import first to DAZ, and than export it in a different format?

Maybe I should just take down the directory if no one is actually going to use it. Oh well, Look under the Utilities category for the vendor named Ochkam. He has a number of scripts available for use in Poser. One of which is called BVH Mixer. Try that out and see how it does.

• @eclark1849 you are awesome, my friend! thanks!!!! <3 I'm drooling over those python scripts!!!!

I actually bookmarked your directory, by all means please keep it up :).

• @eclark1849 Don't take it down, Earl. I am getting back into animation now, and I will need it later. Thank you for the efforts to put it all up there, if I haven't said it enough already!

• @rokketman I was just kidding. I'm not taking that site down. That was a lot of work!!! :)