A Headlamp in Poser...just an Idea.

• @willshetterly I know, there's always something to learn as not everyone does the same things.
    I really can't remember when I started to use my scene setup, but I'm pretty sure I was using Poser 4.

• I have one of these light setups in my free lights over at ShareCG. Just add them to your existing light setup and they will light your scene for posing but not change the rendered light setup.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86639/browse/11/Poser/Studio-Portrait-Lights-for-Poser-11-Poser-11-Pro

I also have a few other useful things there including my Superfly shader set.

• Interesting, i will keep this in mind.
    I have changed the startup scene, on a secound thought, because i could not save the camera with the attached pointlight into the library.
    So, i followed the next logical step and made this setting to be my default.
    Thats quite handy, because its so much more easy to navigate the scene.
    I also turned shadows off.
    ghostship, i will check on this lightset of yours, sounds helpfull.
    Thank you all so far.

• @marco I can vouch for Ghostship's light set, as I use it at least 90% of the time.

I can also vouch for his SuperFly Shaders pack. Very nice selection to choose from.

• Too bad that all those goodies are only available on ShareCG... :(

• @fonpaolo sucks to be you...

• @fonpaolo Did I miss something about ShareCg?

• @fonpaolo seriously, dude. If you can't get an account at Share CG due to some technical limitation I'll send you the zip files if you like.

• Besides how tired I am of creating an account to another site just to download something, although interesting and/or useful, I remember that his "reputation" wasn't so high, back in the days.
    Probably, there may have been many changes, until now, but every time I asked someone, I never got an answer.

edit: I started with 3D since long before the new millennium, you can imagine on how many sites I'm still registered...
    ...and very rarely I use content created by other people, most of the time it's just to look if there's anything interesting, as a shader or something I think it might be useful to know.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ghostship They are great. Use them also but they have limitation when you have to move you camera a lot ( like me now with weightmapping, using smooth brushes and morphtool, checking pants from every direction) . A build in light without camera interaction would come here handy.

• @fonpaolo So I hear you saying you want me to make people sign up for an account to use my free directory? ;)

• @eclark1849 Sorry, I don't understand...
    I've looked at things available on ShareCG many times (many times clicking on a link to download something you'll end up there) and if I remember correctly, you can't download if you're not registered.
    On the other hand, many friends had told me to use another email to sign up, because of spam, a lot of spam, years ago.
    As I said before, maybe something has changed, is it still like that?

I mainly use Renderosity, sometimes the "other" one, DeviantArt, other 3D sites (like Turbosquid) and so on...
    I'm still registered on almost every Poser related site on the net, but most of them are now gone.

• @fonpaolo As far as I know, yes. Although I don't know about the fake email thing. As far as spam, I don't get that much email from them. I actually get more notices from my bank.

• @Ladonna I just use a IDL light with no shadows turned down to about 50% to get overall lighting. I render in SF almost exclusively now so don't even need to turn it off when rendering

• @fonpaolo I am using the Website in question and yes, you still have to have an account, but i dont recall to have recived a single newsletter since 2010 i would say!
    I think there was a setting in the Option menu were one can choose to recive newsletter or not.
    I use this site as a source in a regular basis, seems to have some stuff that renderosity Dir not have, for some reason.

• @eclark1849 Oh, well, so we're both on the same boat.

@marco Thanks for the information, I'll give it a look when I have time.

• Poser Ambassadors

@amethystpendant Thanks :) But I think 2018 it should be obsolete for a application like Poser this kind of workarounds.
    To implement a simple working light is not really a rocket science and when you see how other apps improved they technology nowadays and we still need "workarounds" for simple stuff, that makes me really sad.
    I love Poser, but now it is time for this application to move forward and go with the time.

• @Ladonna I completely agree with you. (to go back to the discussion)
    I started playing seriously with Blender a few years ago, I understand I'm comparing apples with oranges, however it's getting better with each new version, Poser is still largely stuck to its origins and even adding some "new tools" it's still very limited.

• The only "downside" with Blender is the lack of a library, as it was with Carrara (but I left it after Version 8), with many other software I used and there is no easy way to have it in Blender (yet).

• Poser Ambassadors

@fonpaolo I use different applications, depends on my mood and what I want to create .With this I am very flexible . But till now Poser still remain my fav application.
    The problem is, 2018, Poser has way to many outdated technique inside and to archive art with the standard from 2018 , get more and more frustrating. Workarounds are almost in every step a must.
    Don't get me wrong, I accept workarounds for many thing I do in my app's, but for simple standard stuff, this get a bit ridiculous .
    Or more serious stuff like the obj im-and export.This has to change ASAP because the workflow for creating high quality content with this "bug" is very time consuming and frustrating. Many vendors don't want to deal with this anymore and move somewhere else. And once a vendor move, he does not come back anymore. Those vendors are lost and when people stop creating content (high quality) , than user will stop to use this app too. As simple as that.