Is it worth it to jump from Firefly to Superfly when Poser doesn't have a model as good as Genesis 8?

• Like others on the forum, I'm getting back into the swing of Poser, but the biggest problem is the lack of high quality models. Genesis 8 does not work in Poser. Superfly is a beautiful renderer, but the problem is there are no high quality models for use with Poser.

Project Evolution, Dawn, Sasha and V4 don't come close to the quality of Genesis 8.

I've invested a lot of time into Poser, but now I'm at a crossroads. Does Smith Micro plan on implementing Genesis 8 or making their own high quality model that completely blows Genesis 8 out of the water?

• This is just complete BS. Dawn, Evolution and Bella are every bit as good as anything DAZ has ever put on the market.

0_1525122835908_KyokkoSuperfly.jpg

0_1525122873058_Cycles-EZSkin3.jpg

0_1525122933832_Levante.jpg

0_1525122980132_BellaFull.jpg

You're just going to have to explain how it is you think these figures don't compare to anything that has come before and since.

• @zazop groan...

• @zazop Sure there are. I have been using SuperFly almost exclusively.

You can get great results using presently available models with SuperFly. You will just have to work with them to get the results you want. I don't think any models you listed were actually optimized for SuperFly, like Genesis 8 is for Iray. Also, it isn't for Smith Micro to do anything. Since Genesis 8 is a DAZ product, you should ask DAZ to make a SuperFly compatible version.

• @zazop Do you mean there's not as much support for those figures as there is for G8? With Poser's tools, you can always refit clothes.

• @meshbox This character for Dawn is optimized for Superfly. In fact, I did the Superfly skin and makeups before I did the Firefly ones and almost didn't even bother with Firefly.

0_1525123520682_Adrianne_Main1.jpg

• 0_1525124347864_e2250146-ed4b-4aa3-beb2-07d9391782c5-image.png

• Who said Genesis 8 can't work in Poser?

0_1525124742672_gen8.jpg

This is Genesis 8 without dson or any plugin to load her. I don't have any content for her yet, but she can be used in poser. I also was able to run her though ezskin to give her a superfly texture.

• @redphantom said in Is it worth it to jump from Firefly to Superfly when Poser doesn't have a model as good as Genesis 8?:

Who said Genesis 8 can't work in Poser?

0_1525124742672_gen8.jpg

This is Genesis 8 without dson or any plugin to load her. I don't have any content for her yet, but she can be used in poser. I also was able to run her though ezskin to give her a superfly texture.

Yikes! I wonder what the attraction is?

• @eclark1849 Especially when they only joined the forum to post this, and used the term "blows Genesis 8 out of the water?" I'm sure I've heard exactly the same phrase several times before from 1 person.

Edit, Sorry there were other post but "For outdoor lighting do I need BB's enviro sphere and just one infinite light or something?" seems a little in the know.

• @amethystpendant Well, it was a troll-like comment, but he may have been sincere. He joined 19 days ago, but this was only his 3rd post. But geez, if you want to use Genesis 8 so bad, just go over to DAZ and get it. No one will think less of you.

• @eclark1849 I agree, if I wanted to be able to make decent morphs for PE I'd get ZBrush, but that costs, DAZ is free, go use it, I would if it gave me something I need and can't get in Poser and honestly GX isn't it.

• I posted several renders of G8 or G3F over here which has been rendered in SuperFly like these

alt text

alt text

alt text

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

Ha, I love these remarks.

My version :
    A mesh is a mesh.
    => That is, was and always will be the purpose of Video1 and Video2 in the Poser2Blender2Poser series on Tube Us All.
    Any mesh can be turned into ANYTHING if you have the fingertips to do it.

The app, the figures, the textures the rig, are only tools in your toolbag.
    Any app, any figure will do. 3D is what you "do" with them.

And the winner is?
    => => => boppertijs for posting such a relevant render.

• And, again, I don't see how anyone can claim Gx is superior. Heck, there's an informal survey over on the DAZ forum right now showing even DS users aren't using G8! ROFL!

0_1525133106334_Vanessa.jpg

• @vilters said in Is it worth it to jump from Firefly to Superfly when Poser doesn't have a model as good as Genesis 8?:

Any mesh can be turned into ANYTHING if you have the fingertips to do it.

Well I happen to agree to a point Tony, but I only was interested in the original Genesis (V5, M5, etc.), and never got into Genesis 2, 3 or 8 because they all looked the same to me, but even back with the original Genesis, THERE IS NO MESH, or at least not in a version we can import into any other app, especially not Poser.

Soooo, how did RedPhantom get Genesis 8 into Poser if DSON wasn't used, or DS 4 wasn't used to export an OBJ, FBX, or whatever suitable format can be imported into Poser?

I know there was a forum at Renderosity that was moderated by two folks who created a way to do it, but other than that, I have no clue how you can do it, if there is no mesh . . . or at least not a mesh I'm used to dealing with. Poser doesn't understand .DSF or .DUF files.

• I never said I didn't use ds4 it export it. That's exactly what I did. I exported an fbx and imported it into poser and saved it to my library. If someone wants to use g8 in poser, it's not that difficult to add. If it's so great, then a little effort one time should be no big deal.

• @redphantom said in Is it worth it to jump from Firefly to Superfly when Poser doesn't have a model as good as Genesis 8?:

I never said I didn't use ds4 it export it. That's exactly what I did. I exported an fbx and imported it into poser and saved it to my library. If someone wants to use g8 in poser, it's not that difficult to add. If it's so great, then a little effort one time should be no big deal.

Ahhh, OK. Thanks for the clarification. I stopped updating my DS from DS 4.0 Pro because I lost interest, and went back to Poser after a long absence.

Now I'm going to have to see if I can try exporting V5, and see if I can
    use her in Poser. This will be interesting.

• @bopperthijs
    Sorry if someone gets offended by my render, but it was it was the only trollish figure I could find in my runtime, and perhaps it would be better to stck out his ugly head instead of his bare buttocks which would make hime look like a dead corpse.
    Here is a more clear and decent render. My intention was only as a joke, and to show how quick you can make a decent render in superfly.

0_1525135323769_Troll what troll.jpg