Area rendering in Superfly

• I recently wanted to go back to a scene that had been rendered in Superfly and correct a small part of it. It had taken 4-5 hours to render and I didn't want to tie up my machine for that long.

In Firefly, I can area render at will - it doesn't matter what's in the render tab beforehand. In fact I often just do a quick preview render of the whole scene to make it easier to locate my area render.

However in Superfly an area render seems to be done at the same quality as the contents of the render tab, irrespective of the render settings. If I did a preview render first, Superfly gave me a preview quality area render. I thought to fool it by doing the quickest, lowest quality render of the whole image in Superfly - but the area render was of the same poor quality even though I'd upped the render settings beforehand.

Is this a limitation of Superfly?

• @englishbob Don't know, but area render in SF is seriously broken, I get to a point where suddenly area rendr just won't work anymore, haven't found what the tipping point is :(

• Apologies, it seems Poser was just Doing Weird Stuff again, as is its wont. :) I went on to work on a Firefly project which also required some area rendered corrections, and I was getting the same effect. Most likely the area render just wasn't getting done at all although it appeared to be going through the motions. I restarted and all was well again.

• @englishbob That's exactly what I get and a restart always fixes it, but it always happens just when it is really inconvenient to restart :)

• Don't know what was going on with englishbob;s problem, but for amethystpendent, some of us have found that this stops if you turn off rendering in separate process.

• @redphantom said in Area rendering in Superfly:

Don't know what was going on with englishbob;s problem, but for amethystpendent, some of us have found that this stops if you turn off rendering in separate process.

Okay, good to know, thanks

• I never render in separate process. But yes, at some point the area render just stops working in SF. It works for a couple of times, then suddenly decides "nah .. i don't wanna play"

But yes, a restart helps. It's just sometimes REALLY inconvenient :)