how do you use pp2-pp3 pz2 in poser 11

• Hi
    I have a lot of pp2-pp2 pz2 content how do you use them in Poser 11? simple English please can not understand all the tec jargon
    Regards
    Stewart

• @stew-179 said in how do you use pp2-pp3 pz2 in poser 11:

Hi
    I have a lot of pp2-pp2 pz2 content how do you use them in Poser 11? simple English please can not understand all the tec jargon
    Regards
    Stewart

PP2 files are Poser's prop files. These can be any ordinary object like a bottle, book, hat. etc. Pp3 files are Poser Scene files. These generally contain everything in a scene in poser's viewport. Pz2 files are Poser Pose files. You apply them to Poser figures and they will positon themselves in whatever pose the file represented.

• PP2 - props - must be stored under the Props sub-folder of your Poser runtime library.

PZ2 - poses - must be stored under the Pose (note: not Poses, singular Poser, in case you are manually creating that sub-folder) sub-folder of your Poser runtime library.

When you start Poser, you get an empty scene. Open up the Library palette. The hat icon will show the PP2 files as images. Clicking on the image will load it into your scene window.

For Pose files, you need to already have something inside your scene window. If it is a figure, the pose file will pose the figure as shown in the library. To see all the pose files in your Library palette, click on the icon second from right (looks like a man running).

Select your figure in the scene first, then click the pose file to apply the pose. Poses only work for the figure type they were created for, other figures may end up mangled or not work at all.

Pose files may hide body parts, add morphs and change physical shapes or features (older, younger, fatter, thinner etc), or change the physical pose (sitting standing, smiling etc) of the figure. Some old pose files change colour and texture.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ibr_remote said in how do you use pp2-pp3 pz2 in poser 11:

must be stored under the Props sub-folder of your Poser runtime library.

Not true. Since Poser 8, props can be in any library folder. Same with all the other types.

However, to use the Library to SAVE a prop, it will be in the Props folder. From there you can move it if you like.

• @bagginsbill Thanks for the clarification.

• PP3? You mean PZ3, right? (.PZZ is the zipped equivalent of PZ3 btw. If you have File Compression on, Poser zips its files. Very convenient, Poser files can be HUGE, but since they're text, they compress nicely)

• had i known that asking a question would bring out the Poser Devil would never had ask is it always like this puts me of Poser altogether

• @stew-179 You didn't get the answer you were looking for? Maybe you need to clarify the question.

• @stew-179 Poser devil? I hope that's not me? O.o

People answered your question from what I can see ... But clearly I must be missing something ...

• @trekkiegrrrl oh, yes, typo ! Thanks for pointing that one out. Important when we have so many similar file formats.

• your right people did answer my question but also had time to have a niggle at each other for 1 reason or other not what i would have expected from experts

• Poser Ambassadors

I shall place you on my list of posters who prefer misinformation. Sorry to provide accurate guidance. Won't happen again.

• @stew-179 said in how do you use pp2-pp3 pz2 in poser 11:

your right people did answer my question but also had time to have a niggle at each other for 1 reason or other not what i would have expected from experts

Great. I will niggle then, because I am by no means an expert.

You got your answer, yet you whine because ppl dare to debate in "your" thread? Is that it?

In that case I think you miss the point of a forum

This is not a helpdesk.

• @stew-179 You could have just said thank you. We're users like you. No one's paying us to help you out. A little appreciation when help is cheerfully given goes a long way.