Rotation of image_maps??

• @anomalaus

What are those nodes names "u_Texture_Coordinate" and "u_Texture_Coordinate"?
    I thought to "TextureCoordinate" in the "Cycles" part but on my system, this box doesn't collapse...

• @Y-Phil those are "Firefly" nodes, if you like to think of them that way, rather than native Cycles nodes, but they still have the expected effect when used in Superfly renders which reference the standard Poser image_map nodes. From all I've read, you can still mix and match (with certain limitations) pure Cycles and Poser shader nodes. I assume that is the thrust of your question. The image below is how to get the u_Texture_Coordinate node from the hierarchy popup. The one below u, (v) gives the v_Texture_Coordinate node

0_1477575171201_Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.02.49 am.png
    If you are looking for a way to do this in a purely Cycles manner, I have no direct experience, but a quick inspection of the Cycles ImageTexture node shows a vector input, to which, I imagine, you can attach Mapping and TextureCoordinate nodes as shown below. I'm sure there will be Blender tech sites with better reference material for this (that's how I determined what to plug into the Mapping Vector input to drive the rotation. In the time I was composing this answer, I determined that the Rotation vector units seem to be radians and the third element of the Rotation vector value (X, Y, Z) Z is where to plug in a rotation for the UV mapping, but I couldn't work out how Location could be used to rotate around a centre other than the bottom, left corner as with the Poser nodes UV example.

0_1477575139892_Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 12.27.35 am.png

• @anomalaus

That's awesome as is, I don't need to be 100% Cycles, as your compound node works perfectly:

alt text

Thank you!

• anomalaus, would it be possible for you to post an .mt5 of the shader somewhere, as trying to make that tree myself would probably make my brain explode. :)

• @rlowens68 said in Rotation of image_maps??:

anomalaus, would it be possible for you to post an .mt5 of the shader somewhere, as trying to make that tree myself would probably make my brain explode. :)

Here you are:
    The only difference is that I've integrated into the compound node the two nodes "U_Minus_Rot_U" and "V_Minus_Rot_V" so that the compound node has 6 outputs and 3 inputs

• Thank you very much :)

• @rlowens68 said in Rotation of image_maps??:

Thank you very much :)

Most welcome :-)

• Poser Ambassadors

This is a simple way to rotate a texture. here done on a tile setup.

The 0.5 value in U_Offset and V_Offset mean that the texture will be rotated 45°

I think this is what you recalled from memory.
    Best regards, Tony

• @anomalaus
    Thank You!!
    This was exactly what I was looking for.
    And yes, I think the compound nodes are made exactly for purposes like this one.
    And good to see the Cycles nodes give something more sophisticated.
    That is a nifty shotcut for + or - 45 degrees. where the sine equals the cosine.
    Very clever.

• @Y-Phil Thanks for the quick response for others, my poser system is currently locked in a multi-hour (multi-day) render. X-(

@vilters The shortcuts for 45 and 90 degree rotations are very useful with tiling, but apart from the cardinal (90 degree multiples) rotations, the simple versions have inherent scaling, unless you pre-calculate the correct factors, for instance, the example shown has tile width and height of 0.1, so 10 tiles across U and V without rotation. The example shows 10 tiles across the diagonal, so the tiles are sqrt(2) or 1.4142 times bigger, so you'd need to plug 0.07071 into the width and height to get an unscaled rotation.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.