MS 5 EX => CSP? License doesn't work in CSP

• I have a MS5 EX license (two, actually, on DVD) that for one reason or another were never registered w/ Smith Micro. I'm running 5.0.3 on Mac OS 10.12.6. I'm under the impression that MS 5 EX can be updated directly to CSP 1.x.

Two questions:

1.) Should the MS5 EX license work out of the box w/ CSP? I've tried installing CSP 1.5 and CSP 1.6.4 "update" from the Celsys site, and the serials are not recognized by either.

2.) What was the last MS 5 EX update? I want to see if I can get that from SM... though I won't be holding my breath...

Thanks in advance!

• Yes it should work

You will want to contact Celsys Support if you have issues.

• Thanks for the prompt reply.

You know... sometimes it's difficult to be an idiot. Then you realize "o" != "0".

I must have correctly entered "0" when I first installed, but then yesterday I was trying to use "o". D'oh!

Installing and activating 1.6.2 worked with the MS 5 EX serial.

• @kbaccki and of course, they're right next to each other on the keyboard. Don't kick yourself over that one. I can't count the number of times working in IT support I had to explain to people that holding down the shift key while pressing the semi-colon key will not enter their correct password, since it contains a semi-colon, not a colon. D'Oh! (Quite apart from the fact that they were still using the default admin password D-8<).