Poser & MS Windows 10

• Just got a new Dell XP5 with W10; Having problems loading P9 and PP2014; they were previously loaded on my old W XP machine, whose drive went belly-up. I got a message stating my firewall was blocking a download. With the firewall turned off, the programs still won't install.

Help would be appreciated!

F.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Fetter2426 said in Poser & MS Windows 10:

Just got a new Dell XP5 with W10; Having problems loading P9 and PP2014; they were previously loaded on my old W XP machine, whose drive went belly-up. I got a message stating my firewall was blocking a download. With the firewall turned off, the programs still won't install.

Help would be appreciated!

F.

Both Poser 9 and PP2014 need the latest service releases to work on Windows 10.
    You can find them here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html. Look at the column on the right to find the updates for the old versions of poser

• The new version brings significant changes and a number of new features that are meant to fix and improve the operating system experience. Those who successfully upgraded will notice changes on the Start menu, and how Cortana now can handle missed call notifications and handwriting recognition to create reminders.

The Settings app also gets updated with a number of new features, such as the ability for users to install new apps on secondary or external drivers, new default printer manager, new personalization options, and the ability to configure a new feature to enable you to find your device if it ever gets lost.