Area Render and Border

• Is there any way to stop an Area Render from messing up an already existing Render when it is started from the Render tab?

• Do you mean the way it wipes the previous render clear first?
    If you do, unticking Separate Process in the render tab of preferences should fix that (in SuperFly at least). Unless this is another issue I'm not aware of.

• @Cobra No, it doesn't clear the original picture if you do the selection from the render tab, it just messes the picture up.

Purpose: You have sparkles in one small section of your Superfly Render. You could quadruple your rendering time by pumping up the parameters, or you could Area Render the small section with higher parameters.

Of course, in a perfekt world the image render would be a cascade tree, different sections being calculated with different render settings...

• @tburzio That's a pretty cool idea. Would be cool if they could implement that someday.

As to the issue, I don't seem to be able to replicate it. I rendered a scene, then re-rendered sections of it with area render using different render settings and it all seemed to behave... so I might not be able to help. The only oddity is the white box around the area render while it is rendering, but it vanishes once it is done. I'm using Poser 11.1.0.34764 if that helps.

• @Cobra Original superfly at medium preset, switch to high preset and selection region around nose, note the black vertical line from incorrectly updating the white dotted bounding box...

0_1528552996477_drawerror.jpeg

• to me it seems a bit random weather or not it will do that. When I need to fix something I use the area render marque directly on the previous rendered image. Yesterday I did two spot renders to fix images. On I did the render over the original and that worked just fine and the other I did a spot render for an image that had already been cleared from the render cache.

• I haven’t had that problem with Sf but used to get it all the time in Ff. Never figured out a fix. The work around I used was to save the flawed image and then render the correction. I opened them in a 2d editor and layered the 2. I found the gap was a transparent area. If that’s not the case in Sf, you can always erase the section. I know it’s not a great choice, but until something better comes along, it might help.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.