Resize and Quality

• Hello guys
    I try to resize a layer, either Raster or Vector but the result is similar, the image it looks blury/smooth and i am not sure if its nice. If i use Vector layer when i am satisfied with the converted size then i rasterize it. Then i use UnSharp Mask from Filter->Sharp->Unsharp Mask and i try to improve it but i am not sure if its the best way to do it or if the result is good and professional.

Thank you very much.

• Here what i mean

• When you use that scaleup/scale down transform ... the settings for that function become visible in the "tool property palette". Scroll down to the bottom of those settings and you will see a control called "How to correct" ... and this is probably set to its default of "smooth". You may want to try with its other settings of "hard outline" or better still "emphasize outline"

• When i choose scale up/down command then it will open a menu in tool bar?

• It is in the tool property palette... in your setup its in the box on the left below where you choose a pen and above where you pick a color

• Hijacking this topic. Even when set to "smooth" my enlargement looks like it's using the nearest neighbour algorithm. I am forced to use Photoshop for upscaling because it's so poor in Clip Studio. Is this a bug? I just checked and "smooth" and "hard outline" produces the same result

• Would Drawing in a higher resolution help? Or drawing on a vector layer first?

• @megalosaurus said in Resize and Quality:

Hijacking this topic. Even when set to "smooth" my enlargement looks like it's using the nearest neighbour algorithm. I am forced to use Photoshop for upscaling because it's so poor in Clip Studio. Is this a bug? I just checked and "smooth" and "hard outline" produces the same result

You are correct about upscaling... and I know it did used to work ...and I think I have just found out the bug they have introduced (and how to correct it). While it used to upscale as well as Photoshop its now nowhere near as good. ....There is a setting in Preferences>Tool called "Switch to high speed view mode of canvas while dragging viewing tool"... and the default and obvious choice has always been to have this switched on. When you had finished dragging or upscaling it used to then correct to full resolution but someone has ( probably accidentally) bypassed the final correction stage. When I switch off that preference setting it appears to resolve the problem.

When downscaling ( which I think was what Abe32 was mainly doing ) there is a differrence between the three " how to correct" settings ... its not a huge differrence but "smooth" is a little blurry.. "hard outline" is a bit jagged-ugly and " emphasize outline is ( in my opinion) a happy medium.... but its a subtle differrence.

• It doesn't help too much

• I think this is what i wanted thank you for your help and your interesting

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.