UV-Unwrap demo of common Poser figures + 1.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hello guys, Just wanted to show the UV-Unwrapping of the most common Poser figures + 1.

0_1529159094782_UV-Unwrap test.jpg
    Enlarge to click, or click to enlarge.

ALL figures use the exact same tile procedural material.

Good W-End all, Tony

• @vilters said in UV-Unwrap demo of common Poser figures + 1.:

Hello guys, Just wanted to show the UV-Unwrapping of the most common Poser figures + 1.

0_1529159094782_UV-Unwrap test.jpg
    Enlarge to click, or click to enlarge.

ALL figures use the exact same tile procedural material.

Good W-End all, Tony

Who's who? I think I can name a couple of them, but certainly not all :(

• @trekkiegrrrl

From L to R I see V4, Sydney, Alyson, Vilter's girl, and Roxie.

For the most part UV mapping looks pretty good, but there are areas here and there that will be stretched out more than others (V4's shoulders when arms are bent down, and Alyson's "boobage" being the most noticeable), Roxie gets my vote for the cleanest UV mapping, the tiling is uniform across all the body parts except the face.

• I wonder how PE looks with that pattern. Vilters, can you post the mat so the scale is the same?

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl
    0_1529307135122_UV-UnwrapV4-PE-Pauline.jpg
    This trick with a procedural tile texture is good to see how texture stretches over bends when bend.

All collars bend 10° and all arms lowered to relaxed position with forearms all at -90°
    Thighs and shins at 90° bends too.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters
    0_1529307534249_UV-UnwrapV4-PE-Front.jpg
    With the tile setup.

This can also be used to find what textures do on clothing when bend.
    Best regards, Tony

• The PE one highlights very well the places where I had the most problems when making the Clarissa texture :) Mostly the top bit of the thigh.

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl
    Yes, This is a UV-Map trick to test texture over bends.

A, last one : PE and My Test Figure.
    0_1529309346737_UV-Unwrap PE-Mine.jpg

PE , while a LOT better then V4 , still has some issues on her collar, hip and knee bends.

Overall; And Dee got that right;
    As far as texture stretching over bends goes for released figures?
    Roxie and Pauline have the best texture bend-resistance UV-Unwrap.

• @vilters it would be interesting to see how some of the derivative nodes behave (dPdU and dPdV) with those limb bends, as a measure of texture stretch, since the initial UV mapping of disparate figures can distort (in the sense of more or less texture vertices for a unit of skin area) one's impression of the final bent limb UV density when doing direct comparisons. I.e. if you don't have the same tile density in an unbent limb area, then you can't directly compare the post-bend tile density between two different figures in a meaningful way.

We need some calibration, if you want meaningful comparisons.