Classic Bedroom Final

• Hi guys

Here is another one freebie from me

I've included scene file,OBJ plus light and camera setup and suggested render settings which can vary from yours machines

What you will need,you will need EZDome(HDRi image is included in Texture folder) from SnarlyGribbly and most of materials are for SuperFly

Yes you can use it in earlier versions of the Poser if you wish,just materials will be not translated as should and due this I can't warrant will work as intended,but in meantime please use with caution and be aware you will need to adjust materials

Scene is scaled for V4

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Here is link on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujtf1niwm4gfjaa/Classic Bedroom Final.zip?dl=0

If you have any question,please let me know

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• I've uploaded the scene on Renderosity but awaiting approval and should be there tomorrow or later

Thanks,Jura

• Looks awesome, big time thank you.

• @willdial That it does, so a big thank you from me as well Jura.

• @jura11 Excellent quality as always, thank you!

• Awesome work as always. Thank you.

• Thank you very much! It looks fantastic!

• Thanks guys for kind comments,working on update,as someone pointed out there are no doors over on Rendo,working on updated Classic Bedroom with doors etc

Thanks,Jura

• @jura11

If I may suggest something ... IF you make the walls one-sided (perhaps in your next, no doubt equally awesome room), it would be easier to place the cameras. They can "see through" one sided walls, but anything on the inside would still reflect/bounce light as they should.

As it is, I have to use absurd wide angles unless I find myself outside the wall.

It's no biggie, I can turn the wall off. Just a suggestion :)

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Classic Bedroom Final:

@jura11

If I may suggest something ... IF you make the walls one-sided (perhaps in your next, no doubt equally awesome room), it would be easier to place the cameras. They can "see through" one sided walls, but anything on the inside would still reflect/bounce light as they should.

As it is, I have to use absurd wide angles unless I find myself outside the wall.

Not sure what you mean there, did you tried to have look under Remove backfacing polygons under Walls in my scene, I always have set this to Force Show Backfacing Polys

Walls, furniture etc are modelled in 3DS Max and I always using for export FBX and this is causing some issues

If you mean separate walls for left, right etc then yes I can do that

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @jura11 said in Classic Bedroom Final:

@trekkiegrrrl said in Classic Bedroom Final:

@jura11

Not sure what you mean there, did you tried to have look under Remove backfacing polygons under Walls in my scene, I always have set this to Force Show Backfacing Polys

Walls, furniture etc are modelled in 3DS Max and I always using for export FBX and this is causing some issues

If you mean separate walls for left, right etc then yes I can do that

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Yes I meant left, right ect. They get in front of the camera :) And if I remove them, they won't reflect light or show up in shiny stuff.

• @trekkiegrrrl hither?

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Classic Bedroom Final:

"... IF you make the walls one-sided (perhaps in your next, no doubt equally awesome room), it would be easier to place the cameras."

I suggest you may enter wire frame mode set your camera view approximating what you desire, reset to shaded mode and with camera selected, slowly increase the 'hither' parameter until the offending wall or whatever is blocking your view vanishes.

• @JAFO said in Classic Bedroom Final:

@trekkiegrrrl said in Classic Bedroom Final:

"... IF you make the walls one-sided (perhaps in your next, no doubt equally awesome room), it would be easier to place the cameras."

I suggest you may enter wire frame mode set your camera view approximating what you desire, reset to shaded mode and with camera selected, slowly increase the 'hither' parameter until the offending wall or whatever is blocking your view vanishes.

I will try that. I must admit I never quite figured out what the yon and hither really does. Other than sometimes make a black screen XD

I must experiment a bit with that hither thingie :)

• @trekkiegrrrl hither is a foreground clipping plane. Yon is a background clipping plane. When hither and yon are calculated via appropriate formulas from the camera's focus distance, focal length and f-Stop, hither and yon delimit the bounds of what is deemed "in focus", according to another, rarely seen parameter called the "circle of confusion" which essentially translates to what level of detail can be realistically distinguished from exposed photographic media, i.e. film, and is almost exclusively [seek references] set to 0.03mm, IIRC (effectively the pixel resolution of film silver nitrate grains).

There is also some confusion over what units the different preview render modes use for their calculations, as I have experienced circumstances where hither and yon settings would leave objects visible in preview that were clipped from the final renders, in the past.

Here are some formulas I use for camera Python scripts:

CircleOfConfusion = 0.03 # mm

def HyperFocal(f, N, c):
    	"""
    	# f = focal length in millimetres
    	# N = fStop
    	# c = circle of confusion in millimetres
    	# returned units are millimetres
    	"""
    	return f + ( ( f * f ) / ( N * c ) )

def FStop(f, s, c):
    	"""
    	# s = focus distance in millimetres
    	# returned value is a scalar (unitless) representing the maximum DOF when focus distance = hyperfocus
    	"""
    	return ( f * f ) / ( ( s - f ) * c )

def NearFocus(f, N, c, s):
    	"""
    	# N = fStop
    	"""
    	H = HyperFocal(f, N, c)
    	return s * ( H - f ) / ( H + s - ( 2 * f ) )

def FarFocus(f, N, c, s):
    	"""
    	# N = fStop
    	"""
    	H = HyperFocal(f, N, c)
    	return s * ( H - f ) / ( H - s )

Use NearFocus to set hither, and FarFocus to set yon, and you have a script which will explicitly show you what will be in "sharp" focus in your scene, prior to render.

• If the focus distance is set to the calculated HyperFocus value, you get the maximum depth of field for the current value of camera focal length, which means the camera will be in focus from the focus distance to infinity.

• Oooh interesting. I must try this out and play with it so I can figure out which does what. I'm not good at reading stuff in that I need to try it and poke and prod in order to actually understand it :)

• Beautifully done, Jura.

0_1530023229554_JuraBedroom.jpg

I'm sorry, I can't find the NSFW tag. Can a moderator add it to this post for me?

• @Glitterati3D can't fix that myself, sorry. Nice render BTW. Bella, I presume, and is that @Biscuits ' hair?

Next time you want to do NSFW, it's the right-hand-most icon above the text box. Looks like an eye with a slash through it.***=NSFW content***

click to show

• @anomalaus Thanks for the info. I looked everywhere, I thought. :-)

It's Bella, with Mankahoo hair HR-170 that comes with a Bella fit, wearing Blackhearted's Classic Chemise for Anastasia. I did use EZSkin on the hair, and Ladonna's Silk for Superfly on the chemise.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.