Vendor Tales...

• @eclark1849 Which is why I just gave up the ghost and closed my stores. There's simply no future in Poser products. It's past time to give up the ghost.

Just ask Tony.

• Sorry to see you leave. Please mind the door on your way out. Thank you. I still remember your rants enthousiastic comments when I released SASHA.
    Good luck Mate!

Karina

• @karina said in Vendor Tales...:

Sorry to see you leave. Please mind the door on your way out. Thank you. I still remember your rants enthousiastic comments when I released SASHA.
    Good luck Mate!

Karina

I'm sorry, but I had the same reaction ShareCG did to your initial release - portraying a 3D model as a 16 yr. old hooker.

• I sure seem to stir stuff up, don't I? I don't mean to. Maybe I should just stop posting everywhere.

• Well if you'ld ever cared to have a brief look at SASHA (which you admittedly didn't) then you might have noticed that she's just the same V4 shape as DAZ's original figure.
    So no minor here (except if you want to make her that way)

The name SASHA-16 (as explained to literate people in multiple places) stems from the name "SASHA" and it's production year "2016".
    Think of it like "AK-74", "T-72", etc. (Yes I'm semi Russian!)

I chose her name scheme (S-16) to avoid confusion with DAZ's "S-2" (Stephanie-2, which by your reading would be a two-year old then...) and all it's future reeiterations.

To further differentiate I added the "-" dash.
    It really is as simple as that.

Karina

• Poser Ambassadors

Late into this but here we go;

25 years ago, there was nothing.
    Poser1 came out, and any vendor that could paint a moustache on the P1 male could make a living.
    The vendor that welded 2 cubes together could make an income because he was the first one to do it..

Nowadays, any end user that goes to sharecg can spend many years rendering with what is available for free.
    And most "old timers" have accumulated many a GB of bought and free content on their HD's.

Renderosity (who remembers the good old "Blue" site"?, was full of life.
    Now many sites have joined and they are all seeing traffic losses.
    Some remember getting up in the morning, opening Renderosity way back then, and spend hrs of reading the new treads, because EVERYTHING was NEW. PAGES and PAGES of new treads each and every day.
    Now I get up and wonder if there IS a new tread at all? ? ? ?

Rendersity free stuff in the early years was also pages and pages of NEW free stuff each and every day. Now you are lucky to find anything new.

Marketplace? Hell, in the very beginning there was NO marketplace.
    Only when vendors started building and selling because "hey we can make some money here" did marketplaces start.

2018 : The app landscape changed with DS and I-Clone joining (among others)
    Now 25 years and hundreds of thousands of items later saturation is happening because unlike in real life, digital content does not age and is relatively easy to convert to current standards at end users levels.

25 Years ago, there was dial-up Internet, (for the few lucky ones that had Internet at all). Questions were few and far between. Answers a rarity.

25 Years ago, there were no support 3D apps (or extremely expensive)
    Anim8or, Wings, Blender, are free for all, and others dropping in price and all of a sudden EVERYBODY can build their own content.

2018 and we all have high speed Internet, and tutorials all over the place to get everybody going 'at end user level" with whatever app they choose or feel comfortable with. Hell, you can spend your first 3-5 years just by viewing all 3D YouTube tutorials.

I forgot the Poser/DS battle. The vendors competing. The sites competing. The competition. The buy outs and the buy ups. That is the modern way of doing business. Try to kill the other so survive.
    The first law of mother nature.

• @karina No, I stopped looking at the original promos which belied your indigence.

• @vilters Oh boy, just what we need - another vilters "Sermon."

Tony, I can't wait until you finish off Poser and turn your destructive skills on Blender.

• @vilters said in Vendor Tales...:

Now 25 years and hundreds of thousands of items later saturation is happening because unlike in real life, digital content does not age and is relatively easy to convert to current standards at end users levels.

Sorry Vilters. I disagree with one primary point. The Fitting room doesn't create a commercial-quality product. Auto-generated morphs are also problematic. I can create morphs manually much more quickly and with better results.

• @Deecey Agreed. Just like any broad stripe process, the fitting room gets the base rigging in. Anyone who is a good vendor will STILL have to manually alter every joint, every bend, every twist, every side-side for commercial quality. Then you get to start all over on the morphs.........first the JCMs, then the FBM, then the PBMs. Then you can get started on your own created morphs.

• Poser Ambassadors

Completely agree Dee:

The fitting room result is not commercial quality, but end users quality.

Vendors will have to "repair" the unwelded vertex groups anyway.
    So for commercial purposes, of course there is some extra work involved in the obj file repair, the finetuning of the rig, the morphs and general clean-up.

• @vilters said in Vendor Tales...:

The fitting room result is not commercial quality, but end users quality.

It depends on what kind of end user you are talking about. Poser users encompass far more than those who use it for a hobby.

If you are talking people who just want to create pretty pictures as a hobby, yeah. The Fitting Room will meet their needs.
    But if you are talking people that use content in a more professional area, like cover art, or comics, or motion picture, or television, they will have higher standards.

• @Deecey No, it won't even fit their needs. THIS is what he suggests is user quality.

Find me a user who will bother rendering this dress as it came out of the fitting room.

0_1530053423690_TonysUserQuality.jpg

• @Glitterati3D

The only thing the fitting room lacks, really, is a bone tool. If you add the bone tool, and the ability to add additional bones in the fitting room, I don't think you'd need the setup room at all.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D
    Yes, one gets that result with obj files that are not fitting room compatible.(or if one selects not enough bones to get a proper end point)
    @Deecey
    I am going the other way round.
    Less vertex groups, and careful selection of bones up to and including a proper end point. Works each and every time.

But again; One NEEDS a fitting room compatible obj file. (and select the proper bones including proper end points) (or you get the result shown above) Don't know what Tracy did, but my figures/clothings don't have these mishaps.

One of the upcoming video's will be about creating clothes and the proper use of the fitting room.
    And my test showed that one needs remarkably few vertex groups, and I don't have a need for extra bones either..

• @Glitterati3D said in Vendor Tales...:

@karina No, I stopped looking at the original promos which belied your indigence.

Allrighty mate - you win!
    Now let's ->both of us!<- please stop derailing this thread!
    Just put me on your ignore list.
    -QRT-
    -K-

• @Deecey I rig without the Setup room all the time, but I also rig my dresses to the floor with weight maps. It's all in the grouping, which I do not allow the Fitting Room to do because that, most of all, is it's worst routine.

My rigged dresses follow the pose, including long gowns, and can still be use as hybrid clothing in the cloth room.

Gown posed:
    0_1530055403028_Cream.jpg

Gown simmed:
    0_1530055476623_Tux_Ballroon.jpg

• @Glitterati3D said in Vendor Tales...:

It's all in the grouping, which I do not allow the Fitting Room to do because that, most of all, is it's worst routine.

I group manually as well. That way I have a clean and welded OBJ to refer to in the CR2.

PS - lovely dress

• @Deecey Thanks! Send me a note if you want to know how to weight map to the feet. It's easy, actually.

• Poser Ambassadors

Just did a small test : Unrendered preview screengrab. => Preview quality !
    And , LOL, Yes that street- dome is my default textured Poser11dome.

0_1530055547203_Unrendered.jpg

Each arm is a single Vertex Group but has the 3 bones including the hand as end bone.
    (Why create all the vertex groups (and let Poser unweld them) if you don't need them.)

The hip/thigh are a single vertex group "hip".

With proper weight/bulge map painting using the Joint editor.
    Something you always have to do when coming out of the fitting room.

Why?

The fitting room "transfers - projects" the weight into the clothing but there is no interpolation going on.
    Translation :
    Only works properly if the donor figure and the clothing have more or less the same polygon density.

Chase a high poly clothing over a lower poly figure and you have to repaint weight/bulge map.
    Chase a low poly clothing over a high poly figure and you have to repaint weight/bulge map.