Edit delay needs increasing

• It doesn't matter what the timer is set to, people complain.
    Setting it low stops people from starting something, then editing it out.

And that has happened on every forum I ever worked at, including this one....

If you make a mistake, you can make another post...

• Poser Ambassadors

It becomes poorly organised real fast, with many correction posts.

And for especially all the users that do not have English as their native language it would be nice to give them more time to fix mistakes, because many realise mistakes only after I post them.

• And even with what you said, you had time to edit your post.

I don't have control over the timer, but I do understand why it is set so low.

• Poser Ambassadors

Not time enough..
    So again..

It becomes poorly organised real fast, with many correction posts.

And for especially all the users that do not have English as their native language it would be nice to give them more time to fix mistakes, because many realise mistakes only after they post them.

Point the person actual in charge of the timing to this thread then. :)

• I will do that

• Poser Ambassadors

Thank you!

• Oh yes, please. I'm the master of typos, and the master of not noticing them until they're posted.

And they annoy me.

Also, often you hit post, then realise you left something important. Type it in, and WHILE you're editing, the time runs out.

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Edit delay needs increasing:

Oh yes, please. I'm the master of typos, and the master of not noticing them until they're posted.

And they annoy me.

Also, often you hit post, then realise you left something important. Type it in, and WHILE you're editing, the time runs out.

Same here....

• @tastiger said in Edit delay needs increasing:

@trekkiegrrrl said in Edit delay needs increasing:

Oh yes, please. I'm the master of typos, and the master of not noticing them until they're posted.

And they annoy me.

Same here....

Yes that was my reason for the OP, I posted something, realised straight away I needed to add something, went in and started to edit, so I thought I was fine, only for the error to appear as I hit submit :(

• @amethystpendant said in Edit delay needs increasing:

@tastiger said in Edit delay needs increasing:

@trekkiegrrrl said in Edit delay needs increasing:

And they annoy me.

Same here....

Yes that was my reason for the OP, I posted something, realised straight away I needed to add something, went in and started to edit, so I thought I was fine, only for the error to appear as I hit submit :(

Yes, at least the "countdown" should stop once you hit "Edit" :/

• @Poser-Team is there any possibility of replacing the timeout, or having it at least be reasonably large, in addition to not closing off editing of the last post in a thread until a subsequent post has been made, when then becomes the only post open to being edited?

That would prevent revision of history during cross-posting, and still allow a reasonable time to correct typos or withdraw comments subsequently recognised as inappropriate/inflammatory/ill-advised. [Posts would continue to remain subject to deletion by their authors and admins after close of editing, as they are now]

This would also assist with uploading a sequence of images after an initial thread post.