Connect vector line vertex?

• How can I connect vector line vertices?
    0_1530627692423_Connectline5.jpg

1. Increase the connect strength.

2. Try check "Connect lines in different attributes"

3. Sometimes lines connect easier when they point against each other like – – opposed to / |.

Mic

• @Micmac said in Connect vector line vertex?:

1. Increase the connect strength.

2. Try check "Connect lines in different attributes"

3. Sometimes lines connect easier when they point against each other like – – opposed to / |.

Mic

I have tried overlapping the line it is one line the image was cut off at the bottom making it appear as two lines but it is only one line. I have tried all the configurations. But no success. I am not asking about connecting lines but vertices. Here is some advice from Clip Studio Ask: I'm not clear on what the person is saying.(● Use the selection tool.
    ● Create a selection range so that all vectors you want to select are included.
    ● Select a vector included in the selected range from the menu selection range (S).
    ● Use the object tool.
    ● Grasp the square frame of the handle and move selected vectors together)
    Now I can't find the thread to ask.

• Figured it out 1. Object select btm vertex (cut line) Now I do have two lines use connect line tool. Bingo one connected line all vertices wielded . Thanks to my Brain.

• Control points have to be somewhat close to one another before they can connect. Increasing the strength as Micmac points out can help a lot but if two points still wont connect you will to move one of the points closer and try again.

• @garlam said in Connect vector line vertex?:

Control points have to be somewhat close to one another before they can connect. Increasing the strength as Micmac points out can help a lot but if two points still wont connect you will to move one of the points closer and try again.

I have tried Object >select point> move on top of the other point. They do not connect.The only way I could do it. Is what I said above. Thank you. Remember I am trying to wield points, not connect lines.

• What's the difference between welded and connected?
    Here we have two lines with two control points per line; four control points total.
    0_1530714527564_two lines.png

Apply the Connect Vector Line tool,
    0_1530714571325_connect.png

and
    0_1530714592102_welded.png

one line with three control points. Two points have been welded into one.

I'm glad you found a solution to your post question but I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would cut a vector line just to 'weld' it back together.

• I am not connecting two Lines! but wielding two vertices (points) within one line.

• This post is deleted!

• I see what's happening. I don't work with triangles very much so I couldn't understand why your triangle wouldn't connect. If your line has more control points you'll find that you can connect the ends of a single line without having to cut it and weld it back together again. Cutting the line is just giving the tool more control points to work with.

• As I said my image is misleading. It appears as two lines but the bottom part of the one image is cut off appearing as two lines when indeed it is only one line.

Yes that worked I wonder why it needs four points before it will join. Anyway problem solved. Thank you.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.