Project Evolution ONE coming soon!

• Hey people!

I'm back from the dead with good news. Yes I've been quiet, but like I said, I'm going to keep my mouth shut from now on until I actually have something. A lot happened, I'll spare you the details. I've learned my lessons in 'managing expectations', and managing my own mental health, ahem, lol...

0_1531132847629_800evolution_one_product.jpg

Project Evolution has evolved: Project Evolution ONE, Project Evolution ONE X (addon), and PE Futagirl (addon). But PLEASE READ properly because I know that some changes could cause a panic, but everything still works the same way etc. All morphs and content and textures will still work perfectly. Read below for more details.

Since the Early Edition, I grew satisfied with how she performed, but I saw the need to organize the product in a more sensible way. To accomodate for various markets, product control, tastes and our younger folk, I thought it would be appropriate to split PE up into the more usual Poser figure format that we're all used to. A 'family-friendly' base, and the gens is now an addon. Don't worry they're intercompatible!!! Morphs made for PE ONE will work on PE ONE X*

Project Evolution ONE is now the new base figure. Project Evolution ONE will be available at CGbytes, Content Paradise and hopefully also Renderosity**, but the ONE X addon and the Futagirl addon are exclusive to Renderotica/CGbytes for obvious reasons.

Futagirl will be a very specialized fetishist figure and although clothes would still work, custom morphs and textures could get tricky. So its entirely up to vendors to want to support that figure. Those costomers would love it though, lol.

PE ONE and ONE X Addon are ready, I'm submitting them now. Futagirl will come later.

EARLY EDITIONERS will NOT have to purchase PE ONE, they will get an update. They will however have to purchase ONEx and/or Futagirl if they want all that, but I'll try sort them out with a discount. People that got PE from me, email me when she comes out, not now!!

PE One is not super different from Early Edition, but there are some changes besides what I already mentioned above: 5 new combination characters, lots of extra hair morphs, some corrections to file locations, textures have all been improved (less blotchiness around the face, toes less dark), African ladies SF materials slightly improved, two new variants on the caucasian and african textures, Something else I'm forgetting.

There was a lot more I wanted to do but I needed to focus on getting a foundation sorted out, partly by getting her in all these stores. Other stuff might come at some point, but we'll see how things go.

0_1531132903583_Combo Chars 1x.jpg

Here is a new PDF with some extra information about some of PE's little secrets that some of you might not have noticed before, and a little more emphasis on the whole subject of JCMs and how we really, really, need to start pushing for more control on them in Poser. (that is a dropbox link, there might be a download limit on it)

Once Futagirl is released, I'll be taking a long break from content creation. I sincerely hope others will step up and help PE along.

I understand that Poser and her figures means a lot to some people, the eagerness is sometimes a little overwhelming. Please remember I made this to provide an option for Poser users, and since I am one dude there will obviously be issues and limitations. This is a pretty huge project. But please also remember that PE is a Poser figure, and is therefore also subject to Poser's limitations. I cannot solve all of them, maybe SM can, but hopefully PE solves some of them as a start.

* with exception of the genital area obviously.
    ** I'm not showing my face there until I am absolutely sure that it is approved.

(sorry I had to delete the other post, I couldn't edit it anymore. So here's a new one!)

• Great!!! Nice to see this moving along!
    Not that gens are a big deal for me, but how different are the onex addon from what was included with the early addition?

• hey hey, pic below shows the difference, plus naughty morphs obviously. Early Editioners get to keep the original mesh of course. I welded in the patch without affecting the vertex order of the rest of the mesh.

***NSFW content***

click to show

• @erogenesis ah i see, so the people with early edition dont really need to pick up onex? .. i still probably will just to support you being such a badass and gettin this all done

• @KittyBrown yes, if you're not into the whole erotica thing, you'll definitely not need ONEx. You could even skip the ONE base itself (you might miss out on some small things like the young preset), but the extra things, especially the new characters, are definitely worth installing. They *SHOULD work independently of ONE.

• @erogenesis Hmm, no vaginal canal? I'm not complaining, just commenting and wondering why?

Oh, and welcome home! :)

• @eclark1849 said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@erogenesis Hmm, no vaginal canal? I'm not complaining, just commenting and wondering why?

long story, but basically: kids, people that don't like it, better for business, traditional poser style releases, bla bla, etc etc... but the whole shebang is still there with ONEx.

Oh, and welcome home! :)

hehe cheers

• @erogenesis [Facepalm] LOL ;-)

• @erogenesis Whoa!!! Ero is back IN THE HOUSE!! Good to see you sir, and thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing the new goodies in action. ~grin~

• @Miss-B lol thanks B.

I just hope that this makes it all a little more official and inspires some more movement, some more fight. I love seeing people use PE, not for me or my ego, but because they are deciding for themselves.

That. is. What. I. want.

I like seeing stubborn, independent artists, like @Y-Phil, @Molly-Footman, @Chimera, and quite a few more, just ignoring the world and following their vision, choosing a tool based on its merit, and not its trending value, like an iPhone or something. Much like I did with V4 back in 2012: DAZ had nothing to do with my choice, they didn't push me, urge me on, I didn't even know what exactly they were, I didn't care about her prospects, the support, I didn't even know about this 'content market', I barely had internet! It just looked like a good figure. All I cared about was my comic, and V4 worked to that end. So I used it. And the comic kicked ass! Project Evolution was also born in defiance of the prospects, "necessity is the mother of invention" describes her entirely, this is the figure I would have killed for back in 2012. Poser allowed me to make it... eventually lol.

But I know some folks are hesitant to dip their toe in something new, especially to invest in something so complex and full of JCMs. So I hope this makes it a tad less daunting (and I hope it inspires SM to start kicking some butt too)

At the end of the day, the Erogirl is much more complex than PE, and I've been using her for years now. And trust me, I'm not the cleverest guy. I also find rigging for her a little confusing at times, but damn she's worth it! That's all that's important.

1_1531190768458_Sisters at the range 7.jpg 0_1531190768458_Chop Suey 3.jpg

***NSFW content***

click to show

• So if I get it right Early buyers were promised a free update to the full product, instead they get a "censored" figure and have to pay to get the missing parts.

• @DarthJ You get the base for free indeed, and it is indeed family friendly, but everything still works with the early edition perfectly fine.

Like I said, Early Editioners will probably get a discount for the naughty bits (ONE X) addon, which is has a LOT of morphs and poses. I would have love to have given it for free, but I do need to pay the bills lol.

• (I don't think I ever included erotica morphs as part of the full figure idea. The Erotica morphs were definitely always going to be an addon. The ONE format allows best of both worlds, basically)

• I think it might be important to be very clear about this, as I think it might confuse more people (ONLY applicable to Early Editioners):

ONE:

• The ONE update/upgrade won't overwrite Early Edition herself, you just get a second (family-friendly) figure called ONE next to the Early Edition.
    • Early Edition remains untouched. In fact, if you install ONE, when you load a character, you get a menu asking what version you want.

ONE X:

• The ONE X addon also won't overwrite Early Edition herself, you just get a third figure called ONE X next to the Early Edition and ONE.

• However, now the menu will only give you two options: ONE or ONE X, because Early Edition will now be pointless.

• this is because Early Edition is basically ONE X, but then without the naughty morphs. ONE X uses the same mesh as Early Edition

Remember, Early Edition was, and still is an Early Edition, like a pilot project. Testing the waters, etc. Very last minute btw. We're moving on to the official format now. Expect a bit of confusion, but its for the better. But Early Editioners will get special treatment obviously.

And promised, no more weird updates from hereon out. Just addons and freebies. We have arrived.

I hope this helps.

• @erogenesis

Urrr.... "Artist"? Me? wow...
    0_1531228987621_grin--plz.png

That being said: I will buy everything, that's sure, at least to support you, because you're (from my point of view at least) a true hero, and also of course for my fun...
    Take a loooooong rest: you deserve it, and big, huge thank you for everything

• @Y-Phil hehe thank you so much Phil. And yes, you're an artist. I, as well as a lot of other people, like what you do. That constitutes being an artist for me :D

• Its a shame I cannot edit posts, because I think this post is clearer about the new Project Evolution:

Project Evolution ONE:

• Project Evolution ONE puts a (family-friendly) figure called ONE to your runtime.
    • If you have Early Edition, you get a menu asking you to choose between ONE or Early Edition*.
    • All new characters work with Early Edition too.

Project Evolution ONE X:

• Project Evolution ONE X Addon adds another figure called ONE X to your runtime.
    • ONE X is basically the same as Early Edition, except now it has lots of Erotica morphs. You might as well stop using Early Edition.**

Project Evolution Futagirl:

• Same as above... but this is a 'special' figure I doubt anyone here will bother with lol

* There are other options for if you installed Naughty & Nice, or if you like this menu I've included ONE X in the script. ONE X does overwrite this menu, but you can re-instate this.

** don't delete Early Edition from your runtime though, if you want your old scenes to keep working.

• @erogenesis said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@Y-Phil hehe thank you so much Phil. And yes, you're an artist. I, as well as a lot of other people, like what you do. That constitutes being an artist for me :D

My definition of art is the telling of a story. If it doesn't tell a story, to me it isn't art.

• @erogenesis Two questions:

1. When I want both (One + OneX), have I to buy both packages?
    2. Where the hell can I by the damned thing?

I see only the Early Edition on CGBytes (which I have already) and nothing on RRotica.

P.S.: I really love your images. You have a big talent to tell stories with a single picture. And each character tells a story about who she/he is with pose and expression. For your images, the phrase: "A picture is worth a thousand words", is an understatement.

• @adp said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@erogenesis Two questions:

1. When I want both (One + OneX), have I to buy both packages?
    2. Where the hell can I by the damned thing?

I see only the Early Edition on CGBytes (which I have already) and nothing on RRotica.

lol sorry its still in Q&A. Submitted it yesterday. Could take some time, its a big product. I've arranged for there to be a ONE(X) bundle available for release.

I'll announce it here too.

P.S.: I really love your images. You have a big talent to tell stories with a single picture. And each character tells a story about who she/he is with pose and expression. For your images, the phrase: "A picture is worth a thousand words", is an understatement.

Thank you so much! :D :D super glad you're enjoying