Project Evolution ONE coming soon!

• @erogenesis

It also helps a lot when you set all figures not necessary for the current scene as "invisíble".

This also applies for any scene prop:
    Add a "grouping" prop and parent your scene (a.k.a. props, houses, rooms, whatever) to that grouping and you can toggle the visibility on/off while posing your figures.
    This results in a major increase of latency in the preview window!

Just don't forget to toggle those "invisible" groups and figures to "visible" before render.

HINT: A quick refresh in the raytrace preview comes in handy before pushing the "render" button.

-K-

• @karina said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@erogenesis

It also helps a lot when you set all figures not necessary for the current scene as "invisíble".

This also applies for any scene prop:
    Add a "grouping" prop and parent your scene (a.k.a. props, houses, rooms, whatever) to that grouping and you can toggle the visibility on/off while posing your figures.
    This results in a major increase of latency in the preview window!

Yes absolutely. I group large chunks of my scenes with groupings, and indeed hide them. Helps a LOT! Its also good to animate invisible items like clothing if they come off in a scene, instead of scaling them to zero. it also just reduces the overhead for the renderer I think.

• I've never considered used groupings before for visibility but it probably would have saved me a LOT of time on many populated scenes.

That's a really great idea and I think I'll start using groupings for multiple figures from now on. Have an up vote you two! :D

• @johndoe641 said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

I've never considered used groupings before for visibility but it probably would have saved me a LOT of time on many populated scenes.

That's a really great idea and I think I'll start using groupings for multiple figures from now on. Have an up vote you two! :D

If you're not a frame 1, make sure that if you parent stuff to a Grouping that you add keyframes to both the grouping and the thing you're reparenting because sometimes Poser likes to re-calculate the scale and position awkwardly, especially conforming clothing. Conforming clothing is best to 'Lock Figure' if you reparent it. You then unlock it after the reparenting.

• @erogenesis my current Poser gripe is that posing with lots of dynamic hair growth groups visible is just painful. Unfortunately, the growth groups do not exhibit the key icon in their properties palette which allows the user to enable animation of the visiblity. That channel is also not amenable to in-scene application by applying a pose, so the only way to enable it (and hence allow hair groups to be hidden separately from their underlying figures) is to save the scene, or at least the figure with attached hair props and manually add the visibility channels in an editor. Tedious, but really helpful, since once they exist, the visibility channels can be slaved to a dial on the figure itself, so posing responsiveness can be restored by hiding all of the figure's hair props with one dial tweak.

• So how do you get the update to early edition ?

• @anomalaus said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@erogenesis my current Poser gripe is that posing with lots of dynamic hair growth groups visible is just painful. Unfortunately, the growth groups do not exhibit the key icon in their properties palette which allows the user to enable animation of the visiblity. That channel is also not amenable to in-scene application by applying a pose, so the only way to enable it (and hence allow hair groups to be hidden separately from their underlying figures) is to save the scene, or at least the figure with attached hair props and manually add the visibility channels in an editor. Tedious, but really helpful, since once they exist, the visibility channels can be slaved to a dial on the figure itself, so posing responsiveness can be restored by hiding all of the figure's hair props with one dial tweak.

Yep that sounds like something I would do. I didn't know hair would lag a scene though. is it that bad?

@qazart said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

So how do you get the update to early edition ?

go to your Catalog > Downloads page at cgbytes, and find Evolution. You should have access to downloads starting with 'U - '. You might need to reset them since you're late to the show. If you want the one with naughty morphs, get the coupon and it will give you a bit of a discount for the ONE X addon. It runs out soon though.

BTW I might extend the coupon, but I need to rename it for security reasons.

• Ero

There are are only early edition references, looks like a glitch and certainly no coupon.

• @qazart said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

Ero

There are are only early edition references, looks like a glitch and certainly no coupon.

It should be there. Mind you at this very moment the site is doing a maintenance run so that might be it. I'll check in with someone else.

Rather email / pm me about this privately, then we don't clog up this thread.

• @erogenesis head hair, no. Full body fur on a relatively high-poly figure like V4, you bet! When the strand hair's all hidden, back to useable posing performance.

• @anomalaus said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

@erogenesis head hair, no. Full body fur on a relatively high-poly figure like V4, you bet! When the strand hair's all hidden, back to useable posing performance.

ah yeah that would do it lol

• I just came across this post today; wonderful news that the project proceeds, however, I haven't received any notification about the free update. @erogenesis, if you could kindly check into the oversight, I would greatly appreciate it.

• @hborre I'm very worried about all these reports that people didn't get their emails. Certain servers in europe like blocking CGbytes, but maybe there are more. If you check your download area in CGbytes, you should be all hooked up. Catalog > Downloads, it should be there. Let me know.

• @erogenesis Seems it is not blocking alone. I got a "payment received" mail from CGBytes after buying One X. But no mail before.
    Here is the mailfilter-weight from my Providers mailfilter for the received mail:
    weight: NOT_IN_SBL_XBL_SPAMHAUS=-1.5 CL_IP_EQ_HELO_IP=-2 (check from: .cgbytes. - helo: .ws2474.mojohost. - helo-domain: .mojohost.) FROM/MX_MATCHES_NOT_HELO(DOMAIN)=1; rate: -2.5

• @erogenesis I'm not up to date with SMTP (Mail) anymore. But it seems for me that CGbytes domain-record lists the wrong host for MX (Mail-Exchange). MX for cgbytes.com is host cgbytes.com. But as you can see in my last post, "helo" comes from ws2474.mojohost. Maybe correcting this may help.

Answer records
    name	class	type	data	time to live
    cgbytes.com	IN	A	99.192.255.55	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	NS	ns61.domaincontrol.com	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	NS	ns62.domaincontrol.com	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	SOA	
    server:	ns61.domaincontrol.com
    email:	dns@jomax.net
    serial:	2018060501
    refresh:	28800
    retry:	7200
    expire:	604800
    minimum ttl:	3600
    	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	MX	
    preference:	0
    exchange:	cgbytes.com
    	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	TXT	hu0e6stebqa29d2061729jhpue	3599s	(59m 59s)
    cgbytes.com	IN	TXT	v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:99.192.223.55 a:ws2474.mojohost.com mx:smtp.secureserver.net mx:mailstore1.secureserver.net include:mojohost.com include:secureserver.net ~all	3599s	(59m 59s)

• @adp thank you I am going to forward this to the developer. Its worrying me a bit.

• Yes no email here too

• @qazart said in Project Evolution ONE coming soon!:

Yes no email here too

I've informed the developer.

Did you find the upgrades in your download section at least?

• Yes. I was confused by the fact they all said project Evolution early addition. If you click reset you can see the files. So the SKU name is confusing.

• Still 35°C outside ...

0_1533234641757_x-01 float.jpg