Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline

• @Cobra said in Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline:

Have you already tried to change "Current BG shader" to "Black" under options?

I got to thinking about your question and then something dawned on me. So I tried it like you suggested, rendered just like usual but with render over black. Saved the psd then separated the 2 images and bingo! I think that did it.
    0_1531202259688_46613bdf-0229-4311-9d90-4d04310d4c60-image.png

This is a straight render turned to billboard with image and transmap with no editing and rendered on a simple square in front of a black background and no white line!!

Super excited to try more tomorrow to see if that really was the answer.

• @shadow_fyre Really glad that helped. :)
    I have been trying to get around the white glowing antialiasing myself so have been looking into this kind of thing recently.

• Re-rendering my billboards over black didn't make a difference. So I guess I'm back to square one. How to get rid of the white outlines from the billboards. The purchased MOM set I won't be able to use in Poser unless a fix can be found to eliminate the white outline. On the set I am making, I might be able to fix it by "refining" the mask in Photoshop from some info I found online. The DS set I can use right out of the box.

This is one of my remade images rendered over black before exporting to psd to become this billboard.
    0_1531242353011_6e653b82-754a-4213-9cc5-a75a1e56229d-image.png

• @shadow_fyre Maybe you can change to Superfly until you have a solution.
    For the following image I simpy made the "Ground" invisible and rendered a PNG file.

0_1531249682770_Roxie Face Sa.png

Overlayed with a photo it looks like so:

0_1531249813201_Roxie Face Sb.png

Same technique for this sample I did a few minutes ago with a checkerbord as background:

0_1531249915556_Dress Ea1.png

• 0_1531249643496_running 3.png

As you can see, I had that problem with some of my trees. What I ended up doing is shrinking the white part of the transmap a few pixels (1 or 2) by deleting the edges in a 2d program. As you can see below, the trees look much better. It's most noticeable on the tree right behind the guy on the far right.

0_1531249593969_44 Escape to Paosij.jpg

• You notice the light dark shadow around the hair left down below?
    I used DOF, so this part is more unsharp. And the hairshader used has transparency overall.

• Are those billboards brought back into Poser and rendered?

@adp said in Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline:

@shadow_fyre Maybe you can change to Superfly until you have a solution.
    For the following image I simpy made the "Ground" invisible and rendered a PNG file.

Same technique for this sample I did a few minutes ago with a checkerbord as background:

• I could try that and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

@redphantom said in Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline:

As you can see, I had that problem with some of my trees. What I ended up doing is shrinking the white part of the transmap a few pixels (1 or 2) by deleting the edges in a 2d program. As you can see below, the trees look much better. It's most noticeable on the tree right behind the guy on the far right.

• @shadow_fyre said in Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline:

Are those billboards brought back into Poser and rendered?

No. But I can try that. Will report.

• @redphantom
    I shrunk the black 3 pixels and it gave the best results. Thanks for the suggestion. I wish this could be done through the magic of math and the material room shaders. I have hundreds to do and that will be a lot of work.
    Before and after.
    0_1531253316531_58aa4785-5720-4421-acca-a99f30bb995c-image.png

• Thre's a transmap applied to these, right? Does the transmap have Gamma = 0?

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Single Pane Billboards with Annoying Grey Outline:

Thre's a transmap applied to these, right? Does the transmap have Gamma = 0?

Yes they do. I set it to 1 but I never tried 0. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

• I changed the gamma for the transmap to 0, 1, 2 3, and 4. The outline actually gets smaller and smaller and the number goes up with 0 being horrible and 4 being almost gone but not quite. Interesting.

• I think I may have found the answer, at least in my own set. Save as a .png! It's that simple. I was saving as a .jpg and that was creating the white outlines on the billboard when rendered in Poser. The DS set I have of the Now-Crowd are also .png's.

There is still the problem of the purchased MOM set giving off white outlines but I'm beginning to think I won't be able to change those unless I edit the .jpg's into .png's with the transparent background.

0_1531330198975_7a340130-452a-429f-aeab-7c6ec3d971b8-image.png