How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain)

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis You can stop crying now :)

I like this, shed a lot of tears since the last months lol

• @erogenesis said in How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain):

There is, however, a quick way to rig for PE, but this is for at home, not for vendors:

1. like above, bring your item to shape
    2. throw it through the fitting room once
    3. create figure without morphs, select only the important body parts
    4. close your eyes and trust the autogrouping
    5. go to Pose Room and go back to fitting room with new item
    6. create figure with all the extra bones relevant to your item (like handles) and transfer morphs too
    7. back in pose room transfer WM one last time
    8. done

This is a very rough method and it will probably not look amazing if you let her to yoga in it.

The home-brew in the fitting room works well. I just stumbled on the fact (duh) the you can adjust the JCM dials that transfer from the mannequin to resolve pokethru issues. By the wat, when I use the high-res cloth mannequin to rig anything with body parts below the hip, when I return to the pose room, I often find that PE and the mannequin look like an old fat lady. I have to clear the scene and reload it.

• 0_1531267207726_PE Old Fat Lady.jpeg

• @RobZhena She's not fat. She's big boned. :)

• @RobZhena said in How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain):

0_1531267207726_PE Old Fat Lady.jpeg

ohhh yes I've seen this before. I don't remember what exactly causes it but I think it happens when we put something through the fitting room while its conformed to PE, but I'm not sure. In any case it looks like Poser is forgetting about the limits in the figure and all the smart morphs set to -1 are now permitted to do their damage. Its possible if you just unconform and reconform stuff, or just rotating a limb, that everything starts operating normally again.

btw Rob you're also a legend for what you do, just persisting and doing your own thing. keep going!

@eclark1849 said in How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain):

@RobZhena She's not fat. She's big boned. :)

lol :D

• @erogenesis Thanks, Ero! I never conform what I run through the fitting room, which is usually an obj. So it must be the limits. Oh, well. Cheers!

• @RobZhena said in How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain):

@erogenesis Thanks, Ero! I never conform what I run through the fitting room, which is usually an obj. So it must be the limits. Oh, well. Cheers!

yeah, then I'm not sure. It was a while back that I investigated it with someone. If it happens again, try to remember the steps you took, let me know, and maybe I can figure out what happens.

• @ erogenesis It happens almost every time I transfer the rig from the mannequin to an obj in the first pass if the rig includes the thighs. No morphs transferred. Rigging, say, a shirt that is only hip up never causes the problem. Don’t sweat it. You have enough going on. Maybe it’s because I use a Mac if few other people have noticed it.

• @RobZhena if it does happen to be limits, it's possible to strip out everything from a copy of the cr2 file except the limits, and rename and apply it as a pz2 pose file from the library. You just need the

valueParm CLOTH_ADJ - Shoulders Outwards
    			{
    			forceLimits 1
    			min -1
    			max 1
    			}

lines from each channel, for every actor in the figure.

If you also include the 'initValue' line, you can then do a restore figure, since @erogenesis has mentioned that there are some parameters which are assigned an initial value outside the enforced limits in anticipation of valueOperations bringing the channel back within bounds, IIRC...

• @anomalaus said in How to Rig for Project Evolution in 4 steps (bring a ball and chain):

If you also include the 'initValue' line, you can then do a restore figure, since @erogenesis has mentioned that there are some parameters which are assigned an initial value outside the enforced limits in anticipation of valueOperations bringing the channel back within bounds, IIRC...

I'm not sure if that would matter with regards to conforming clothing. That's one thing that does work pretty solidly with Poser, unless one adds dependencies in the clothing itself... or did you mean something else?

• @erogenesis I was running on empty when I made that comment, so I may have been confusticated, err, discomboobulated, err, wrong. Anyway, lots of things, like IK currently break/ignore valueOperation influences. Conforming clothing with master dials on the Body actor are horrendously handled if Conform Morphs is checked (just outright ignored, despite visible valueOperations. WRONG CRETIN! </Dungeon|Zork Quote>)