Should I give content creation another go?

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna Scratch that, I found it.

I don't see anything in that gallery that couldn't be done in Poser. It just sounds like someone who is bored with the program and uninspired by the figures and content currently on offer.

Take a look at Erogenesis' gallery. He doesn't even use superfly, all his renders are done in firefly. At least they were a few months ago when he was posting in the rdna forums. It all comes down to knowing your software.

As for figures, I have Orion bending nearly as well as G3M right now using nothing more than Poser's weightmaps and a few bulge maps. Zero JCMs currently. His rig isn't finished yet, and there likely will be a couple (as in one or two) JCMs in his shoulders, but he doesn't use anything fancy, not even any of the translations that Scott put in Pauline Advanced, since I'm rigging him to work in both P10 and P11. Now this isn't to say that I won't be adding any of that once I get all his weightmaps and scale zones finished, but I'm just stating it here as an example of what is possible when you build content correctly in Poser. And Venus will be done the same way. Both figures are less than 30K poly count. And I'll soon be posting example renders to show how well they pose once I have some texture maps on them that are presentable.

ETA: Yes, I get what you mean by evolving. I did think at first that you were saying to replace the old compatibility with new.

• This whole conversation is exactly what's wrong with Poser users, basically.

Instead of complaining about what Poser doesn't do, what Poser did in the past, what Poser MIGHT do some day in the future, can we PLEASE just talk about how great Poser 11 is NOW?

Can we inject some POSITIVE feelings into this depressing, too technical, too oft repeated negativity?

I love, love, love Poser Pro 11.

I don't like Pauline/Paul, but I have other options that I do LOVE - Hivewire's figures.

Poser is fun, it's challenging, it's an amazing, constant learning tool.

Ambient Shade your guy is looking great! I'm excited to see where you take him. I basically do the same thing when rigging clothing - get the base rig right, then start adding "options" in the form of morphs, etc. I find that if the base isn't perfect, the next steps are just downhill from there.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D You know I love Poser too. Hell, I defend it it wherever I can. But to make" Constructive" critic is needed to evolute.
    If we just all sing and praise how great Poser is, SM will never know how they need to go forward and users will move quiet away.
    If we would not Love Poser, we all would be not here and discus about improvements . Our Love for this Software makes us discussing here.

• Poser Ambassadors

Thanks Glitter. I'll be posting images of both Orion and Venus soon. Definitely within the next couple of weeks. Maybe sooner.

@Ladonna Personally, I think they should have set up that Poser survey they posted last week so that it is in your face and all you see every time you enter the poser forum here, until you click on the link to answer it. Annoying yes, but sometimes annoying is necessary. As it stands, it's been posted for nearly 2 weeks and there have been less than 190 views, and it expires tomorrow. There's no way to get an accurate polling or any real feedback from 190 views, considering only about half of those will actually complete the survey (on average). And I don't see any evidence of it being mentioned on any other site. Why wasn't there a post about it at rosity's poser forum?

Marketing....

• Poser Ambassadors

@AmbientShade Over Facebook from Jose Silva. This is where I take the survey.
    But you are right. 100%

• @Ladonna I have great respect for you, Ladonna. But, quite frankly, when has SM EVER listened to what we posted in forums?

If you want to make a difference where Poser is headed, you have to contact them directly. Participate. File bug reports. Take the annual survey.

We can shout until we are blue in the face in this forum and it won't matter one WHIT!

• @chk2033 That's not the survey AmbientShade is referring to, CHK

He's referencing the annual POSER survey.

[http://www.instant.ly/s/qRHuj/nav#.V3WXuFcZKXE](link url)

• So the annual POSER survey had less than 190 view ? sad if true

• @chk2033 On this forum, yes.

• @Glitterati3D
    maybe you should let them say what they meant :)
    but to be honest i neverr seen that either

• @Glitterati3D said in Should I give content creation another go?:

This whole conversation is exactly what's wrong with Poser users, basically.

Instead of complaining about what Poser doesn't do, what Poser did in the past, what Poser MIGHT do some day in the future, can we PLEASE just talk about how great Poser 11 is NOW?

Can we inject some POSITIVE feelings into this depressing, too technical, too oft repeated negativity?

I love, love, love Poser Pro 11.

I don't like Pauline/Paul, but I have other options that I do LOVE - Hivewire's figures.

Poser is fun, it's challenging, it's an amazing, constant learning tool.

I agree with you, @Glitterati3D! Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 are amazing. I really believe that this is the best version of Poser in years.

I'm doing new things in Poser with my art -- for the first time in ages, because of Superfly, and because I finally took time to learn some new skills in other areas of Poser. Skills that don't currently require jumping between Poser and other programs. It's all Poser until Photoshop.

But for those who are able to use ZBrush (just as an example), that capability makes Poser even more amazing because it extends the artist's abilities.

There is a huge opportunity to be had with Poser 11 as a creative tool! Superfly alone is enough that Poser has every right to walk all over the so-called competition.

This wave of negativity that comes back again and again is why I started the thread about what we like best about Poser 11. A lot of people just don't seem to understand what a great creative tool Poser is, and I don't understand why. I am hoping that the wave of positive opinions about Poser will soon take over!

• Poser Ambassadors

I even read posts at DAZ that says Poser is a great tool. That is encouraging. So we need to continue to support and advocate for Poser where ever we can without sounding like some fanatical weirdos ... or causing software wars. Positive advocacy!

• @Boni Just or the record, I've never said that Poser wasn't great software. Nor do I think Ladonna was going there. I think the criticism we were focused on had to do with missteps we believe that SM and Poser have taken regarding marketing. I still say, if you're not going to support the figures you put out, then don't put any figures out there.
    All that seems to do is give you a reputation for putting out bad figures.

• Poser Ambassadors

Mine was a general statement ... I wasn't directing it an anyone. I totally agree. Poser is a solid, quality program ... that needs to market itself in a more ... "unique" fashion to distinguish itself from DAZ as it's focus is on core use ... NOT on content. It always has been.

• Wow. I posted this topic in five forums. This is the one that has gone most off-topic. Certainly some lively conversation going on here. Now, to be honest, my purpose for the survey actually went beyond just being a creator. I'm weighing some bigger options, but I didn't want to risk my post being deleted. So if anyone has questions about my full intentions, email me at journeyman_prime@yahoo.com to learn more.

• @eclark1849 I think most of us get that Earl. But, it's been said over and over and over.

Do you think repeating it, yet again, will serve any purpose except to turn folks who just upgraded to Poser 11 during the sale away?

• I believe were done here.

• Speaking as someone who just upgraded during the last sale, yes. :) Nobody buys Poser for the included figures, they buy it for the software. Give people a little credit, Traci.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D ,Tracey, I am not bashing Poser or SM. Would never come in my mind. :) I use Poser daily and like it. Call me edict , but 1 Time the day I have to see his interface, otherwise I miss something. LOL
    The Cloth Room...use it massive. Hairroom, wont like to miss it.
    Material room. Love it. All the morphtools...love the option to have control about what I am doing.
    I don't like to bash other Software also. I use Vue, LightWave, DS, Reality, or my Partners 3DSMax with his Vray for Rendering. I like Genesis, V4, Dawn, Pauline. Miki.
    And I think SM take a good way with Poser 11. But miss the marketing.