Octane Poser Plugin User Guide

• Poser Ambassadors

alt text

The Octane Poser User Guide covers all there is to know about using the Octane Poser plugin with Poser.

Installation, Octane Materials, Octane lighting, HDRI, OpenVDB, Instancing and much more are all explained and how to use them with examples. The Guide has also chapters on Material conversion from Poser, Trouble Shooting and Tips and Tricks.

Although written for the Poser plugin, some sections will also be helpful for users of other Plugins for Octane.

The guide is intended to be a “living” document and will be updated regularly with new information and examples when needed.

The current version of the guide can be found here: Octane Poser Plugin User Guide or by using the link in the Octane post at our homepage at Poserlounge.nl.

If you have any comments or corrections, please contact me at the email address provided in the Guide.

• Thanks for posting this.

• Poser Ambassadors

@wimvdb - thank you, what a great resource!

I haven't paid attention to the Octane plug-in for some time, must go update ;)

Could you post here if your guide is updated?

Maybe we need a "Post your Poser+Octane renders" thread ...

• Poser Ambassadors

@caisson said in Octane Poser Plugin User Guide:

@wimvdb - thank you, what a great resource!

I haven't paid attention to the Octane plug-in for some time, must go update ;)

Could you post here if your guide is updated?

Maybe we need a "Post your Poser+Octane renders" thread ...

A separate render thread might be a good idea.
    In the mean time, i am setting up a portfolio website for my Octane renders. This will be one with hdr color and large resolution (PMG16, not HDR) to show off a bit more.

For most experienced users the first part will be less interesting (except the new stuff), but he second part is a great help. I even use it myself when I forget the details. I will post update notices at here, Poserlounge and Poser plugin forum at Otoy.

Most of the Octane render functionality is covered now, except texture baking, OSL textures and Tooning. I have not quite figured out how they work and what I can use them for. Once I figure that out, I will add them,.
    And when Octane 4 is released, there will probably be an update as well.

• Poser Ambassadors

@wimvdb

Great stuff!

• @wimvdb Sounds like a good idea having a thread, we should probably have a "Post your Reality Renders" thread too.

Maybe if you start a "Post your Octane Renders" thread @shvrdavid can make it a sticky for you later on.

• @wimvdb thank you so much for this, wim! great work!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.