Have you seen the new Poser 12 female model? It's going to blow Genesis 8 out of the water!!

• This is the new figure being released by Smith Micro for Poser 12. My god, it looks incredible. Thank you Smith Micro for making this new figure your #1 priority!

Poser 12 - New female figure model

0_1531410990698_marisa-miller-23.jpg

It's fully anatomically correct as well. The lady parts are extremely realistic looking.

• @zazop comedy or trolling?

• @ghostship I was going to edit it and add that I was joking, but the edit timer ran out. I'm in trouble, lol! Crap.

I wish it was real.

• Poser Ambassadors

@zazop LOL,

• Poser Ambassadors

Good try but These are the P12 ladies : LOL.

• Poser Ambassadors

This is the alternative P12 canidate:

• @zazop it's a shame the actual, real life model's skin is going to age prematurely with the excessive tanning she's done [Not referencing just this photo alone]. Sigh.

• I'd really like to see how she bends : )

• challenge accepted!!!

(this scene would work MUCH better in Superfly I think)

0_1531517932580_beach PE.jpg

Click here for the pose (works with Early Edition)

load EE straight from the base, hair curly, material 'Evo dyded blonde'. Girl mat is 'Caucasian Original Face' (did add reflection + fresnel blend). Pose will have all the morphs. Hope the pose file works...

• @erogenesis
    I knew you would not be able to resist!!

Well done

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis Wow oh wow. You did an amazing job ... fantastic!!

• @Boni thank you kindly!

• Poser Ambassadors

@zazop said in Have you seen the new Poser 12 female model? It's going to blow Genesis 8 out of the water!!:

This is the new figure being released by Smith Micro for Poser 12. My god, it looks incredible. Thank you Smith Micro for making this new figure your #1 priority!

Poser 12 - New female figure model

Haha I [unfortunately] could not be fooled by that photo - I have developed a clinical eye to detect REAL people, since 3D models are never THAT perfect. LOL

PE is cool, but it's too hard to make conforming clothing for her. I have been using Dawn in Poser since she came out in 2013, and I have no complains. Here's a new render I did using the brand new Octane 4! ^___^

Dawn in Octane 4

• @Ken1171 I don't have PE, but may finally get her if and when she comes to Rendo or CP. I am curious though, not Hivewire??? Anyway, I still think Dynamic clothing may be the way to go in the future, and PE may be the doll to prove it on.

• @Ken1171 said in Have you seen the new Poser 12 female model? It's going to blow Genesis 8 out of the water!!:

PE is cool, but it's too hard to make conforming clothing for her.

Thank you, but please, make your opinion known to the Smith Micro team, @Poser-Team , and make sure they know your every millimeter of suffering, because you will not be the only one to say this. PE is the epitome of Poser's abilities, and you cannot keep up, as a vendor of Poser's backbone: its content. Without this knowledge, and that of many other vendors like you, Smith Micro will have no sense of direction. Thank you.

• continued from locked thread: (no disrespect, nut its kinda important)

@Ken1171 You sketch a very sad outlook, and much of what you say is entirely based in truth, but I don't believe in this that much, partly because I'm experiencing a different thing with Poser. It works for me. It has options. it works. It can facilitate easy CGI quite well. They're very close. My experience with comics is proof of that... its not perfect, but jeez, it just needs refining. SM can have a killer app on their hands (IF THEY ARE LISTENING!!!)

Yes, the Poser community loves dreaming and many of us are super unrealistic, many of us have no CLUE what's going on. But voices for change also need to evolve, we also need to remember that we must demand something achievable of the SM devs, they're just human. A revolution can also occur in just a simple change of approach. The tech is there!!! The guys at SM probably accept this, but cannot do anything about this yet. But they could do something simpler. And I can tell you from personal experience that sometimes it takes ONE voice from the outside to remind them that all they need to do is look at everything they HAVE and just tweak it to work better. Never. Let. up! it will help them.

But if we're just going to make due with some poser figure because they're easy to rig for.... then what have I been wasting my time for? DAZ has won, with ease. Yes, you're one guy, and you've made a lot of noise, as have I. But not all revolutions take one day, some take years, and the actual revolt happens in a flash...

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis Being hopeful is a good thing, and I encourage it. I completely agree with you when it comes to Poser. It works, it does what I want, and I have a lot of fun with it. Like everything else, it has it's pros and cons, but they don't keep me from using it, because the pros are bigger than the sum of cons.

It's ironic how I used to look down at Superfly when it was first advertised, because I was [by then] facing the show-stopping situation with Poser 10, where it was impossible to finish store products with the broken rigging tools. I was obsessed making pressure so that SMS would fix it, and the best I would get was a workaround in Poser 11 SR-5 that allowed me to finish the products, because the alternative was to wait until SMS would rewrite Poser from scratch. The chances were slim with the old team, and even more with the new one.

It all comes down to our expectations and hopes being bigger than reality. SMS has a small team working on Poser, and there is only so much a small team can do over time. I don't even believe SMS would allow the dev team to attempt to rewrite Poser from scratch at this point, because they are still trying to get Poser 12 out in a timely manner. The fact that some have noticed we are not hearing anything from them for a year is probably proof that they are working HARD on it, and I respect that.

Like it is with other companies, I believe it is SMS who decides what the next version will feature (not the dev team), and my bet is that they will keep adding more features instead of fixing the existing ones, because that's what SMS has been doing since Poser 7. This is how they know how to run their business, and chances are they will keep doing the same.

I also believe this has little to do with SMS hearing us or not. I think it has more to do with the way these companies function inside. This became more obvious to me after I have witnessed HiveWire3D's failed attempt to come to a mutually beneficial agreement about the future of Poser, and SMS simply wouldn't see it that way. The guys who run SMS are not Poser users, and have demonstrated over again that they don't seem to understand that this particular market is not like all the others. We have to remember that SMS is a software retailer, where Poser is 1 of the many other software they sell. That's probably where the core of the problem lies.

Like I have mentioned here many times before, I am still astonished how SMS has consistently failed to advertise how GREAT Poser really is, and all the cool things it can do. DAZ, on the other hand, over-advertises what DS can actually do, and that has been playing to their favor. This utter lack of advertisement has been hurting Poser for a while. and even leading people to believe that DS is "better", since it appears that Poser has little to show. This is a great injustice, for I have been using Poser since 2004, and I still haven't used all of what it has to offer. Maybe all this is because DAZ has deeper pockets than SMS to spend on ads.

The fact that Poser 11 has Cycles shader nodes integrated with existing shaders is nothing short of AMAZING. Not only that, but Poser can automatically assign the right shaders depending on what rendering engine the user is using. It's 100% seamless to the user. But you know how many people don't even know of it out there? Now look at the great DS thingy: I-ray MDL and 3DL shaders are mutually incompatible, and people have to create 2 sets, and then worry about picking the right one when rendering. That's LAME! I rest my case.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ken1171 Poser Vendors have to create 2 sort of shaders too.
    1 for Poser 11 and 1 for Poser 9+. Because Poser 2014 as example can not use Poser 11 root node .
    And unfortunately not everybody pick up Poser 11 till now.
    Cycles is a great render engine. But comes without any premade shader for observing how it works.
    I buy at the beginning the Encyclopedia for Cycles/Blender.
    Many nodes where missing and some are still not inside, thats why Poser still lacks on good Shader on the MP.
    The new team catch up already a lot, but they are no wizards.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna said in Have you seen the new Poser 12 female model? It's going to blow Genesis 8 out of the water!!:

@Ken1171 Poser Vendors have to create 2 sort of shaders too.
    1 for Poser 11 and 1 for Poser 9+.

That's true, but there are major differences here:

• We only create and save ONE material preset with 2 roots, which is backwards compatible with Poser 9 and 10.
    • The shaders for FF and SF are compatible, so I can create shaders for both using the same nodes that work in both. This also means I am not forced to use native Cycles shaders if I don't want to.
    • Users don't have to worry which presets are for FF or SF, because Poser will pick the right one automatically, assuming the shaders were properly created.
    • My collab partner VolpeBox creates his shaders in Blender, and then we bring them in to Poser using the Physical Surface root node, and that has worked fine for all of our collab store products. There is no need to use native Cycles shaders unless you really want to. As a matter of fact, I still have no idea how to use Cycles native shaders.

SMS has provided a whole FREE webinar dedicated just to the Physical Surface root node, which has everything you need to know to make the best out of it, and never touch Cycles nodes if you won't want to. There is no need for wizards. :)