Superfly sucks, prove me wrong.

• I've seen tons of Superfly renders. There is only two people out of all the Poser users who know what they're doing with Superfly. That's Jura11 and BagginsBill. All the other renders are garbage.

Problems with Superfly:

1. Too grainy.
    2. Skin shaders suck.
    3. Hair shaders suck.
    4. Surface shaders suck.
    5. Long render times that produce garbage.

Can you guys implement NVIDIA IRAY? DAZ Studio lets you make high quality renders straight out of the box. But in Poser you have to dick around for months & months before you can produce something of bare minimum quality.

NVIDIA IRAY is light years ahead technologically vs crappy Superfly.

• Poser Ambassadors

0_1531470792640_Archer.jpg

0_1531470890157_Same Prey.jpg

0_1531471162866_affection.jpg

0_1531471212913_sunny_beachday.jpg

• @Ghostman </thread> :-)

• Poser Ambassadors

What a rubbish post. Blame the tools ʘ ෴ ʘ

• @zazop Winning friends by telling everyone their art work sucks.

• I guess all my renders suck ass then. I've been using Superfly ever since I swapped to PP11.

Oh well.

Here's my latest grainy, shitty render.
    0_1531473834551_d4b9b8cd-b9b9-4084-906d-339a6aa1ef4c-image.png

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 I guess most of us could not care less .

0_1531473936753_images.jpg

• Actually, there's already a thread here, Post your Superfly renders.

Have a look. From the newest.

And then tell me again how iRay does NOT rely on specially made materials.

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl To be honest, I see amazing Pics done in DS and I see enough crappy ones too, done in DS.
    Same goes for any other app. I see in Vray renders, where I thought first those are Poser 4 render.

• @Ladonna And that goes to show that it's, as always, the person BEHIND the screen who can make or break a render. Some people produce crap with the best of toys and some people made amazing art even in Poser 4.

The programs itself doesn't make you an artist. Just as you don't magically learn to paint just by buying a canvas and some brushes, no matter the quality of those.

• Poser 4 render ...
    0_1531474537754_96f1e6f3-bba4-4b05-96d2-ded7e862aa65-image.png
    (complete with glowing nostrils ;) )

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl Yes, when I begin to paint in Oil seriously , I was at the age of 15-16. I beg my parents for an really exclusive brush set and high quality oil color. My parents don't want to spent this enormous money on a artist which just spread the wings, but I could convince them that I will paint awesome landscapes with this set. Needles to say that I paint still crappy with my "Elite tools" LOL. Only years of experience , training on daily basis made from me a better painter. Not the "Exclusive tools".
    It is always the artist.

• @zazop said in Superfly sucks, prove me wrong.:
    "Surface shaders suck."

• Realy?

![alt text](![image url](0_1531476380484_Render 210-final.jpg image url))

• Poser Ambassadors

It is not the tool that's important. => Some of the best art is made with chainsaws.

See what they did in the middle ages with a hamer and a chisel.
    => THAT is craftsmanship and THAT is art.

As Ladonna wrote : Learn how to use your tools and all the rest is in the fingertips.

In our "3D" art, that is actually 2D, your render should be "ready" before you click the "render" button by understanding the tool you are about to use, be it FireFly, SuperFly, Octane, or whatever? ? ?

An yes, that does not come overnight but requires a dedicated learning, curve and persistence as many before have showed already..

• A lot of renders here are work in progress or quickshots. For me that means: developed just enough to see what I want to show. We all know that a render needs just more time to make grain go away.
    And: How a shader comes out depends on how the shader is created. Not on the render-engine. If someone isn't able to create a decent hairshader, this hair looks bad with any renderengine.

• Well, now isn't that just too funny..........

Superfly render, on CPU (no need for an expensive Nvidia card that burns out in 6 months) in 10 minutes, with Superfly default lights, not one material change from Firefly materials.

0_1531485783798_DreamlandSuperfly.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Look what my fav. old master DaVinci do with really primitive tools. Or all the others.
    Just because some people lack talent , they don't have to insult other artists .

• @zazop said in Superfly sucks, prove me wrong.:

I've seen tons of Superfly renders. There is only two people out of all the Poser users who know what they're doing with Superfly. That's Jura11 and BagginsBill. All the other renders are garbage.

Problems with Superfly:

1. Too grainy.
    2. Skin shaders suck.
    3. Hair shaders suck.
    4. Surface shaders suck.
    5. Long render times that produce garbage.

Can you guys implement NVIDIA IRAY? DAZ Studio lets you make high quality renders straight out of the box. But in Poser you have to dick around for months & months before you can produce something of bare minimum quality.

NVIDIA IRAY is light years ahead technologically vs crappy Superfly.

I just took a look through your posts and you haven't ever posted any of your work here. Maybe if you posted up a render that you are having issues with folks around here can help you out.

1. image grain is a matter of patience mostly. How long will you let your image render for/ Also has bunches to do with the lighting and shaders used. If you got things wrong with your shaders and lighting or you don't know the techniques for lighting and shading that make for less grain then that is what you got.
    2. EZSkin3 has 2 different skin shaders you can use. One is the default and the other is from @bopperthijs . Again if you post up an image you are making and ask for help for specific issues with the skin that people can see then we can help you on it. There is a multitude of settings in the skin shaders to alter bump, reflection color, SSS depth etc.
    3. THere have been several hair shaders posted here to the forum including one of mine. What specific problem are you having with hair shaders?
    4. Have you tried my free PBR shader?
    5. Long renders/grain: again a matter or patience and technique.

• My Dear Poser-using Friends - Do not feed the Troll (the O P). We know that a poor workman always blames his or her tools. Many people are still learning how to use the software, hence the various stages of rendering results. Others who can create excellent renders with SuperFly may not posting their renders here, for reasons best known to themselves (or maybe because of paid work so restricted from posting etc etc). Repeat - Do Not Feed These Kinds Of Trolls.

• @ibr_remote said in Superfly sucks, prove me wrong.:

My Dear Poser-using Friends - Do not feed the Troll (the O P). We know that a poor workman always blames his or her tools. Many people are still learning how to use the software, hence the various stages of rendering results. Others who can create excellent renders with SuperFly may not posting their renders here, for reasons best known to themselves (or maybe because of paid work so restricted from posting etc etc). Repeat - Do Not Feed These Kinds Of Trolls.

He threw his bomb and then ran away. Notice he hasn't posted again to either defend his own comment or to refute ours.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.