Question About Dynamic Clothes

• I asked this awhile back and didn't get answer. So, I'll have a busty blonde ask.

0_1531528639713_Joanie Asks 01.jpg

0_1531528666342_Joanie Asks 02.jpg

• It can be done and it's quite simple. Start out with your figure in the default shape and add your dress. Then move up to the frame you are using to pose your figure. Add both the pose and the morphs. Set up your simulation as usual.

• @redphantom and yet, as @willdial has noted, the morphed figure is significantly larger than the unmorphed figure. If it were a dress made from real cloth, you would have to start with a larger size, with enough material to go around the figure without tearing the seams open.

My first suggestion would be to bake some scaling into the dynamic cloth to approximate the final size of the figure before you start stretching it beyond the Cloth Room's ability to compensate, otherwise your dress will turn into a tube-top.

• Basically, you morph your figure on the timeline rather than starting with the morph at zero and posing.

Here's an example, morphed and posed at frame 15 of a 30 frame sim. Lully's dynamic peacock dress for Dawn.

0_1531530146457_ExtremeDynamics.jpg

• @anomalaus There are no seams to tear in dynamic cloth. It's all welded. My morphs aren't quite as extreme as willdail's. I don't have anything like that. Here is what I was able to do.

First the default dress.
    0_1531532507941_mo morph 1.JPG
    0_1531532551736_no morph 2.JPG
    Now with the morph
    0_1531532570457_with morph 1.JPG
    0_1531532579865_with morph 2.JPG

The first 2 images were from frame one. I set the morphs on frame 15, and the last 2 images were from 30 where I ended the simulation.

• @redphantom :-) I was aware of the seamless nature of dynamic clothing, my example was specifically referring to real-world clothing tearing at the seams, were a heroically proportioned figure to attempt to wear it (barring spandex clothing, of course).

Both your example and @Glitterati3D 's have slightly skirted [pun intended] the exact nature of @willdial 's problem. Large changes in diameter cause shearing in the dynamic cloth and shorten skirt lengths (square facets turn into diamond shapes, increasing one diagonal at the expense of the other). @Glitterati3D 's example has a long skirt which counteracts that due to the weight of the cloth below and your example is only just short of exposing She Hulk's buttocks, unlike the default, unmorphed V4.

• @anomalaus Well, I don't own anything quite a short as the dress in redphantom's render, but here' the same dress, short version for Dawn (Lully's Peacock Dress)
    0_1531535095093_DynamicMorph1.jpg

0_1531535111949_DynamicMorph2.jpg

• And Lully's Short Peacock Dress on unmorphed Dawn.
    0_1531536216200_DynamicMorph3.jpg

• @Glitterati3D I noticed your examples have the same clinging effect as Joanie's conformed clothes. Did you copy morphs to the clothes or something else?

• @willdial No, no morphs at all.

I simply loaded the dynamic clothing, loaded the morph and pose on the timeline as I stated and activated the simulation.

• For dynamic clothes, like real life garments, size is what matters. That is why the fashion store invests in having a range of sizes on stock.
    Changing the size of clothing is not the same as geometric scaling. When enlarging typically one keeps the shape of the sides of the panels the same but one introduces more fabric in-between. ('cut and spread' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_grading)
    Choose a size too small and the result is stuffed look. Choose too large and result is famine look.
    The result will be that the larger shape relatively has less acccentuation because the variations in shape do not change but the base becomes larger.

• @F_Verbaas And, I will add to FVerbaas' comments by pointing out that there is a huge difference between a garment created for dynamics and one converted from conforming. Especially, when it is a garment made for a 3D model by the vendors who make their living from doing it right.

• I will admit I missed where willdial said the dress was riding up. Most of the time I don't go that extreme. The one time I did was from Luke to M4. I used wardrobe wizard to convert it first and then draped it. You might have luck adding morphs and then draping. I think WW can do that. Of if you have a version with the fitting room, that can create new versions of a prop as well as a figure.

• If you want to avoid the cleavage dent, create a prop "tube top" and put it under the dress as a collision object to prevent that. Make it invisible before you render.

• @Glitterati3D said in Question About Dynamic Clothes:

If you want to avoid the cleavage dent, create a prop "tube top" and put it under the dress as a collision object to prevent that. Make it invisible before you render.

Can you work up a quick tutorial on how to do that? These are the ideas I want.

• This is what I'm trying to avoid.

***=NSFW content***

click to show

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cloth room's Constrained Group.

• @willdial
    Then you must give your model garments to her size. LOL!

In most cases if the fabric is elastic and has no darts or figure seams (say like a T-shirt) scaling it may suffice. If the texture is a tiled one you can scale the tiles inversely. (if you scale the garrment up to say 125 %, scale the tiles by 100%/1.25 = 80%. to keep texture the same. Same holds for buttons.
    Remember that if you want to show your figure as 'big' it helps to give her clothing the impression of being big.
    If the UV is flat and well laid out with parallel panels you can to a certain height differentate in the scaling directions.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.