Move horizon line on perspective ruler straight up and down?

• Revisiting the perspective rulers, is there a way to move the horizon in a straight line up and down?

• Poser Ambassadors

If you understand the purpose of perspective. It is all relative to the camera position and angle. The horizon is a fixed point and cannot be "moved" the camera's relation to the horizon can. Did that make sense?

• Yes and by moving the horizon is how you define the eye level with the perspective ruler in clip studio. Sure you're in the right forum? Anyways, let's return to the original question and purpose of this topic.

• Poser Ambassadors

@megalosaurus My deepest apologies ... didn't realize I was in clip-community ... my answer was relative to Poser.

• @Boni I figured as such, no worries.

• To verticalize your horizon line select the Object tool and click onto the perspective ruler. On the horizon you'll see a light blue ball with two + marks on either side. Grab one of the + marks and hold Shift while moving the horizon line vertically. Shift will allow the horizontal line to snap to 90 degrees.

Unless you select Horizontalize Eye Level (in the Sub Tool Detail palette), your horizon will be dependant on the placement of your vanishing points. Likewise, moving your horizon line will move your vanishing points.

• @garlam I don't think you understood my question. I don't want to rotate my horizon, I want to simply be able to adjust (drag) it vertically up and down while snapping to the imagined center line. The only method to do this that I have come up with so far is to to adjust the canvas, but this is far from optimal.

• Here is a simple two point perspective.

0_1532273019779_perspective1.png

The vertical green line is the center line, the horizontal blue line is the horizon. The light blue ball at the intersection controls your ruler. Grab one of the + marks on either side of that ball and move it to the space above the ball; hold shift to snap to 45 and 90 degrees.

0_1532273271087_perspective 2.png

• @megalosaurus said in Move horizon line on perspective ruler straight up and down?:

@garlam I don't think you understood my question. I don't want to rotate my horizon, I want to simply be able to adjust (drag) it vertically up and down while snapping to the imagined center line. The only method to do this that I have come up with so far is to to adjust the canvas, but this is far from optimal.

To move the horizon of the perspective up use the object tool and click on the ruler ... when its control points appear click and drag the green box up or down. In 3 point perspective it will also take with it the two side vanishing poins but the vertical vanishing point will remain where it was. if you wanted the equivalent of just moving the canvas ( iel everything rulerish moves up or down but relatively unchanged then do this..

Click on the green square then hold down shift and additionally select the green dot below the green square ... now with them both selected drag them up or down.

• I had no idea we were talking about just moving the whole ruler along an axis, To constrain the movement of the ruler along an axis click that control handle and use your arrow keys.

• @garlam said in Move horizon line on perspective ruler straight up and down?:

I had no idea we were talking about just moving the whole ruler along an axis, To constrain the movement of the ruler along an axis click that control handle and use your arrow keys.

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.