Post Your Dawn Renders

• @Ken1171 Playing with the White Lion and Dawn.

First Snowfall

0_1531876776412_DawnWhiteLion.jpg

• @ghostship said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

Just got the Elisa character for Dawn and setting up shaders and testing.

One of my first, and definitely my favorite, character for Dawn.

Here are some of my older Poser 9 renders of various characters for Dawn. These are all portraits, so no "scenes" as it were.

First up Elisa

0_1531876562952_CalyptaDress.jpg

Next, my second favorite character for Dawn . . . Here's Fabi's Oriana

0_1531876683249_DawnAndJewels2.jpg

Another Oriana, with Fabi's Leaf Life Jewelery

0_1531876763655_Oriana.jpg

And last, but not least, my alter ego . . . Oleander in one of her Goth moods.

0_1531876848654_OleanderGoth.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B Quite a variety, Miss B! Elisa was also one of my very first character morphs for Dawn, and we can only wonder what else Maelwenn could had created for Dawn on this quality level if given the chance.

• @Ken1171 I know. I have her Assassin Angel Bundle for V4, and I like some of her other characters too.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Miss-B said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

Assassin Angel Bundle for V4

What a coincidence. I have been thinking on making an outfit like that for Dawn in the last couple of days. But first, I need to finish the ones already on queue. ^^

• How could I not include this cupcake?

0_1531884497617_DawnOffice 01.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@willdial Awesome outdoor render, Willdial! Did you forget her neck lace? :D

Whenever I see this shirt, it reminds me I should never put real buttons on a shirt again, until Poser adds something to keep them in 1-piece after morphs and poses are applied. LOL Something like rigidity groups would be nice.

• @Ken1171 said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

What a coincidence. I have been thinking on making an outfit like that for Dawn in the last couple of days. But first, I need to finish the ones already on queue. ^^

Make it, and I'll buy it. ~wink~ Then I can do another Locked and Loaded render, but this time with Dawn. ~grin~

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ken1171 said in Post Your Dawn Renders:
    Make it, and I'll buy it. ~wink~ Then I can do another Locked and Loaded render, but this time with Dawn. ~grin~

I really want to do it, but first, the dragon girl outfit! It's almost finished by now. ^^

• @Ken1171 Hmmmm, don't recall what the dragon girl outfit's about. Have you posted any teasers on the HW forum?

• @Ken1171 if each button belongs to a separately identifiable material or group, a python script can extract their vertex indices and apply an averaged morph to all of their deltas, so they can move but not be deformed (rotation of buttons with cloth morphs requires quite a bit of effort due to having to have a magnet associated with each button to apply rotations extracted from morph deltas. Painful, but possible)

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ken1171 Hmmmm, don't recall what the dragon girl outfit's about. Have you posted any teasers on the HW forum?

Yes, the one with long boots, wings, and a tail. The horns are optional. :)

@anomalaus said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

@Ken1171 if each button belongs to a separately identifiable material or group, a python script can extract their vertex indices and apply an averaged morph to all of their deltas, so they can move but not be deformed (rotation of buttons with cloth morphs requires quite a bit of effort due to having to have a magnet associated with each button to apply rotations extracted from morph deltas. Painful, but possible)

Sounds like a lot of work just to keep the buttons from self-destroying. And consider that some morphs literally obliterate them beyond recognition. They get so mangled that smoothing wouldn't do them any good. Besides all the workarounds, rigidity groups would be a real solution, similar to what constrained groups do in the cloth room. This would protect things like buttons and buckles from morphs and poses. We are getting to version 12, so isn't it about time?

• @Ken1171 Actually, Ken, the restore morph brush really works to undo morph distortion on buttons and buckles, etc. Just edit the morph using the restore brush and it will permanently act like a rigidity filter whenever the morph is invoked.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

@Ken1171 Actually, Ken, the restore morph brush really works to undo morph distortion on buttons and buckles, etc. Just edit the morph using the restore brush and it will permanently act like a rigidity filter whenever the morph is invoked.

That's what I have been doing so far, but there is a catch! If your morph changes the character height, like many do, the buttons will fly off to their original position as well, which in some cases end up inside the body, where the Morphing Tool cannot reach them. Moving the buttons back into position with a brush can be very tricky, especially when you have many in a row, close to each other. You will also have to guess where they are supposed to be when moved. This can easily lead to way more work than necessary. Rigidity groups could solve all this. Even the Fitting Room has it, so why not the rigging tools?

• @Ken1171 When you run into an example like you mentioned, buttons going into a mesh, etc. Make a temporary morph on the rest of the cloth to move it out of the way using material selection, then you can get to the buttons to move them.

Granted having better filters would help, but they are not always necessary if you go a temp morph route.

• @shvrdavid said in Post Your Dawn Renders:

@Ken1171 When you run into an example like you mentioned, buttons going into a mesh, etc. Make a temporary morph on the rest of the cloth to move it out of the way using material selection, then you can get to the buttons to move them.

Granted having better filters would help, but they are not always necessary if you go a temp morph route.

Just to ask a question out of curiosity because I don't know, but in the cloth room you can select a button by the material it labeled by using the grouping tool. is it possible to do that for the morphing tool as well?

• Great new thread, I hope this does Dawn SE justice.

My character with modified textures to work in superfly.

0_1531905692755_Milky Way Woman SM.jpg

• @eclark1849 Yes, you can limit the brush to only affect a group, or a material.
    Select Restrict to, then select the material or group you want to limit the brush too.

And keeping this on topic... A Dawn render, lol

0_1531908081039_dawn 1a.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

0_1531908695261_Monarch.jpg

• @Ghostman Looks like the "child like empress" from "the Neverending Story" growed up some. :)