Current projects, works in progress

• Poser Ambassadors

Our forum needs a thread in which everybody can post screenshots/renders of what you're currently working on. So here 'tis. :D

I'm making a Superfly version of TinkerBell's Drive-In Cafe'...
    alt text

So, what are you working on? Show us what's on the workbench!

• I remember seeing some of the WIP images of this over at the RDNA forums in the WIP's thread... good work! :)

• Current project is Dawn Indian
    Skin, morphs, Dress and mocs
    mocs are available on sharecg :D
    Bill

0_1467306664602_indian outfit.jpg

• I have a whole ton of things in the works... but for something different I decided to play with the things I make instead of just doing promo renders (I rarely get to create renders just for my own chance to create some art)... Here's my most recent image using content I've created or am currently working on...
    0_1467306809427_Recon.jpg

• Poser Team

I am working on a few things. Seems we all do a lot of that don't we?

One thing I have been doing, is making new face morphs for Pauline. Here is one of them.

alt text

I use a hat for a few reasons, it renders faster, and gives a better perspective than bald does.

Here is a quick render with hair as well.

alt text

• @theschell Are those Veritech Fighters?

• My own versions yes... I used to play the Macross RPG extensively back in my gaming days and have been working on transferring some of my old gaming sketches over to 3d as products... I'd given them my own tweaks and customization when I drew them out originally... :)

• @theschell said in Current projects, works in progress:

My own versions yes... I used to play the Macross RPG extensively back in my gaming days and have been working on transferring some of my old gaming sketches over to 3d as products... I'd given them my own tweaks and customization when I drew them out originally... :)

They look beautiful! I used to love the Robotech RPG.

Fantastic work! :D

• Thanks, the one in the fore-ground is currently a work in progress the others are older creations of mine! There's a link in my sig if you want to check them out... They can also be found on Content Paradise... :)

• Poser Ambassadors

Superfly material set for Moebius87's Dystopia city blocks.
    alt text

. This is already done, and the freebie posted in my ShareCG album. It includes some add-on pieces such as the jumbotron and text crawler signs (animated) for block 05:
    alt text

• Poser Ambassadors

I've been updating some of Stonemason's old sci-fi sets for Superfly. This is Level 19, which came with P4, PP (Poser 4 Pro Pack), and P5 materials. I rendered it in P7. You can see the red LEDs themselves in the dark shadow under the mezzanine, but the LEDs don't cast light.
    The doorset on the left has a wall slab behind it. The doorset on the right could be opened/hidden, but there's nothing behind it (B&W checkerboard background to show transparency).
    alt text

I discarded my first Superfly adaptation because it used discriminator maps which could be considered derivative, and made a new version using color component nodes. This way, I can release the material set and add-on props.

I made a billboard to insert behind the left doorset, so that the camera has something to see through the glass. For the doors on the right, I made a T-shaped corridor.
    This is a Superfly render with the doors on the right hidden to show the add-on corridor.
    alt text

• I'm just now learning to do sci-fi corridors myself. Model them, I mean.
    As long as we're on the subject though, what's the upper limit of how many polys Poser can handle? Some of these sets can get a little poly heavy.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 With the current 64bit versions, you're only limited by your RAM. I've rendered scenes with well over 2 million polys.

Before, I put much effort into minimal poly count. Nowadays, while I still try to be efficient , I allow more polys to get "control edges" which will control the mesh's shape when subdivided. Control edges also prevent shading artifacts.

I still try to be frugal with poly count because I release most of what I make and I want to "put the cookies on the lowest shelf so that even the smallest children can reach them". Not everybody has a workstation.

• This post is deleted!

• @James_in_3D Ooh a Nova SS! Nice. You don't by anychance know where to find that in a '76 Camaro, do you?

• Poser Ambassadors

Wow, you people are all so busy. When I can get my lazy butt up, I have 2-3 work in progress. But I stuck..

• @eclark1849 said in Current projects, works in progress:

@James_in_3D Ooh a Nova SS! Nice. You don't by anychance know where to find that in a '76 Camaro, do you?

Thanks! I wish I could point you towards a '76... I think there's a '77 freebie out there somewhere (Bumblebee from the first Transformers movie, IIRC).

I'm guessing you used to have one? :)

• @James_in_3D Nope. Used to know someone who did. I just thought it was a cool car.

• @eclark1849 Ah, I see! I wondered because that was a pretty specific request. I had a friend who had a 75. I used to have an 80.

• Poser Ambassadors

The '70 Chevelle caught my eye; I used to have a '72, which had the same body just with different trim - and was the last of the musclecar Chevelles.

Tabby in stealth mode:
    alt text

opened up:
    alt text

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.