Current projects, works in progress
@amethystpendant Oooh, shiny! (Satiny, even) :-)
@amethystpendant Oooh, shiny! (Satiny, even) :-)
Certainly is, but it was more the mesh with the overlapped front, but buttoned that I was playing with.
@amethystpendant so I read, but small things amuse... ;-)
Does your commission include an animation, or just stills? Are you developing the blouses, or just evaluating others' creations?
I did significant work at one point on a conforming freebie shirt with the same kind of geometry. Had to add lots of groups for the buttons and write python scripts to identify the nearest cloth vertex to the centre of each button to prevent the morphs from distorting the buttons by using the cloth vertex as a delta master. All stuff which the cloth room does, but most of my posing involves series of static poses, which are a total pain to set up simulations for if the poses aren't a logical sequence.
@anomalaus No it is just a series of stills, and yes I created the blouse. I never got the hang of making conforming clothes so everything I make is Dynamic. Here the problem was stopping the blouse falling open (yet :o) ) and having it pucker at the buttons if say V4 bends at the waist or lifts up her arms or takes a deep breath etc.
@amethystpendant so I imagine you have the buttons as rigid decorations. Is it worth trying to connect the buttons with actual mesh simulating stitching and design actual button holes into the outer cloth layer, or is that unnecessary bother for little useful result?
@anomalaus Hi, Yes the buttons are rigid, but I have faces joining the back of the overlap to the front, like a square tube, this obviously alters the normals because of the non-manifold faces, however, if the normals of the connecting faces point inwards, the mesh above appears to dip, one of those serendipitous occurrences that mean the buttons appear to be pushing against the overlap, like real buttons. I thought about button holes but decided against it as unless you are doing a really close render they wouldn't be seen
@amethystpendant the conforming figure I started with, which someone had modelled well, but left unmorphed, allowed for the front panels to be opened, which I was doing with animated deformers (gradually growing a collar level zone downwards to simulate unbuttoning and opening from the top).
Your example looks to be a really good solution if you never intend to open the blouse (which gets really messy to deal with if the front panels actually join in the mesh). The crease on the underlying cloth between the middle two buttons is quite convincing.
You show a bow tied around the collar. Is that a separate prop or part of the figure? Have you done men's style winged collars? They always irked me in that you need the normals of the folded over collar to remain pointing outwards, but still be contiguous with the shoulders and neck areas.
Hi, @anomalaus, I have 5 different models of that blouse with various buttons undone, I can't do them in the middle of an animation I have to start with the model with the correct buttons undone. I have a definitely NSFW example of a slightly similar blose, without the bow where all but the bottom button is undone and V4 has her hands above her head, done as a trial of course :)
The crease is the result of the sim, V4 hasn't moved much during the sim as I modelled it with V4 in an A pose rather than T since doing it as a T tends to bunch cloth under the armpits., actually its more of an arrow pose as the legs are still at their default pose.
The bow is part of the mesh, but separate and marked as soft decorated.
I have done wing collars on blouses but yes the normals are a problem. At least now with P11 you can force showing back facing normals so posing is a bit easier.
I've been tied up with a number of things and haven't posted anything new in quite a while so here goes... My latest project is a suit of Powered Armour for Hiro 3 (I know, he's an older figure, but he never got much support and suits the style of anime that I prefer). The new suit is designed to partner with one I'd already created for my Anime Girl Kristin... I still need to tweak the bend zones for some parts (such as the muscle myomers for the limbs) and fix up the textures a touch, but the bulk of the rigging is done...
On the left is the suit for Kristin (Posed), and on the right is the suit in progress for Hiro 3...
Impressive modeling, and an equally impressive collection you got on your site Schell!
Here's a bit in the works for me this week:
@krios Thanks and a nice bit of animation there... :)
I've also created a set of Pilot "Inner-wear" uniforms to go with the Powered Armour...
I'm just in middle reworking one scene for friend and depends on friend if allows me to release this as freebie but here is quick 45 sample render,ignore boots and mid room table
Hope this helps
wow... incredible, awesome!
Got the rigging and texture tweaks done and can now finalize everything... :)
Wow, when it's ready, I'll definately be purchasing :)
In the process of creating the E-MASS Armour for Hiro, I've also been working up an enemy suit for him as well to match one I'd created some time ago for Kristin...
Did some alternate camouflage paint schemes for both of my suits...
Creating a Dynamic Morphing Blouse for PE,. It has 5 buttons although I will do a version for undoing top to bottom and Bottom to top plus no buttons fastened.
I've also added some pre-sim morphs so it can be used for different scenarios / shapes
![alt text]( image url)
Flared Cuff and Shaped Hem
As above but with tailored waist, fuller sleeves, bigger breasts and balloon shoulders
Should keep me going for a while :)
@amethystpendant Looking like a nice start.