Current projects, works in progress

• ooh, Make him a Yogi Bear hat and necktie! :)

• @eclark1849 said in Current projects, works in progress:

hat and necktie

I'll do, take note :)

• Poser Ambassadors

The knothole above Miri's treehouse:
    knothole pano

This shot used the face camera, whose long focal length causes the bridge to appear close. Anyway, it shows the knothole size relative to Roxie (with @redphantom 's Dae morph).
    knothole closeup

You can hide a chunk of the trunk to give interior camera access for shots from within the knothole:
    from within the knothole
    The brightness of the lamp in the knothole is adjustable.

• Poser Ambassadors

To get the outer terrain/treeline lighting to match with any rotated position of the sky, I need to produce Vue renders with neutral (nondirectional) lighting. So, sun straight overhead.

I got the servers fired up this morning, and everything is online on the Pixie Hollow network. :D
    Workstation Cameron has the Vue scene and is controlling the render, but my Vue license limits me to fifteen rendercows, so Cameron isn't rendering, just controlling.
    0_1500888346140_Cameron running a network Vue render.PNG

It's a lot of polygons, at high quality settings, and fairly large pixel dimensions, but I have 360 cores cooperating on these renders (the outer terrain/treeline is done in 4096-pixel quadrants). :D

• Poser Ambassadors

The rack of server blades (bought second-hand, as refurbs):
    seach's rack
    They are running at 100% CPU this morning, generating new backdrop texturing images for Lothlorien, a P11Pro Superfly environment.

• And that set up doubles as the furnace for your home? The shots of your equipment are as impressive as your creations.

• Poser Ambassadors

@James_in_3D : Thanks! :D

@redphantom said in Current projects, works in progress:

And that set up doubles as the furnace for your home?

It does require cooling. This morning I had fans placed so as to continually sweep air through the house.
    Now it's over 80'F -and muggy- so I've shut the renderfarm down.

I got the backdrop quadrants rendered (with corresponding alpha and Z-depth maps), plus one atmosphere -dark stormy clouds with Godrays- for the skydome.

I broke the backdrop terrain/treeline into quadrants because to get good resolution I rendered them at 8192x1600. Here is a reduced quadrant:
    quadrant - reduced
    Bear in mind that when using Lothlorien in Poser11Pro, you won't see that "cliff" face; the Poser 3D terrain's outer edge matches that "cliff" edge.

and this is an actual size snip:
    backdrop snip

The atmosphere renders will be 8192x2048.

• Classroom WIP,SuperFly rework

alt text

Still no happy how table turned out,can someone help me,in 3DS MAX table looks fine but in Poser I'm getting diagonal line something like this

0_1501283345282_Table OBJ issue.jpg

Thanks,Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

@jura11 Poser hates needle-like triangles. Try spinning those diagonal edges so that the topology is more like this:
    0_1501284005414_tabletop - Poser topology.png

Nice looking chrome and glass!

• @seachnasaigh said in Current projects, works in progress:

@jura11 Poser hates needle-like triangles. Try spinning those diagonal edges so that the topology is more like this:
    0_1501284005414_tabletop - Poser topology.png

Nice looking chrome and glass!

Thanks there
    OK and thanks for showing me what to do,hopefully this will be easy fix and will rework scene again

Thanks,Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

0_1501284303449_table-obj-issue-triangles.jpg

Ha, I was just making a pic for you.. LOL.

Yeah, that is where the issue is. Those long thin triangles.

• Poser Ambassadors

Two other alternative ways to break it into quads:
    0_1501284759103_tabletop - Poser topology 2.png 0_1501284780457_tabletop - Poser topology 3.png

• @jura11
    While it may (or may not) be accurate to life-size... that water cooler appears so oddly tall, that it makes the whole scene unbelievable by itself alone. I would expect such a cooler to be barely taller than the file cabinet seen center in the back corner.

The angled drop ceiling—while also probably accurate, only exacerbates the problem with the water cooler; making it look even taller than it already is.

The reflection of the filing cabinet (on the dark panels behind) seems fitting of a waxed wall, but (IMO) not a frequently used classroom; and not one with textured wall paneling.

Besides those three... It look's really good IMO.

*The specular seems pretty harsh on the desktops, but you've already mentioned this.

**Where does the bright light reflection (seen center room, on the floor) come from?

• @mechanaut said in Current projects, works in progress:

@jura11
    While it may (or may not) be accurate to life-size... that water cooler appears so oddly tall, that it makes the whole scene unbelievable by itself alone. I would expect such a cooler to be barely taller than the file cabinet seen center in the back corner.

The angled drop ceiling—while also probably accurate, only exacerbates the problem with the water cooler; making it look even taller than it already is.

The reflection of the filing cabinet (on the dark panels behind) seems fitting of a waxed wall, but (IMO) not a frequently used classroom; and not one with textured wall paneling.

Besides those three... It look's really good IMO.

*The specular seems pretty harsh on the desktops, but you've already mentioned this.

**Where does the bright light reflection (seen center room, on the floor) come from?

Hi there

Thanks for comment and for critique.

Yes I agree water cooler is bit too tall,I would say is too tall and regarding the wall,looks like specularity on walls is higher than I thought so and these table tops hopefully I will rework,found it what has caused chamfer modifier and looks like this in 3DS MAX is not triangulated but export to Poser as FBX makes it triangulated which I don't understand why

Bright light in center is coming from area light which sadly leaving in reflection these "spots" tried to use normal Poser lights which didn't looked as good like with area light,I use mostly area lights,in scene I use only 2 lights,one area light with 15% intensity which is located before front the center glass table and one infinite light with 100% intensity plus @Snarlygribbly EZDome

Hope this helps and thanks for comment and critique

Thanks,Jura

• I create two dynanic robes for adman v2, they are inspired in the ancient Egypt

alt text

• OK here is reworked Classroom with corrected table tops and scaled down water cooler

alt text

Thanks,Jura

• @jura11

I think the watercooler has become too slender—scaled down as it is; it's top-heavy. Of course the water cooler can be of any design one chooses, and whatever pleases. I believe it looks to be the right height, but I do think that such a device in the real world would be built wider, as a part of it's being functional.

Example:
    alt text

• @mechanaut What's with you and that water cooler? In fact, it looks pretty much similar to one I modeled and put up on Sharecg.

• Just an observation, (and opinion); those water jugs (if plastic) typically weigh about 40 pounds when full.

• @jura11 said in Current projects, works in progress:

Classroom WIP,SuperFly rework

Still no happy how table turned out,can someone help me,in 3DS MAX table looks fine but in Poser I'm getting diagonal line something like this
    Thanks,Jura

IRRC, that's a 3DS export situation. Make sure you're not asking it to export objects as tris or with smoothing groups. (ie: Check the wavefront object export dialogue.)