Current projects, works in progress

• I create two dynanic robes for adman v2, they are inspired in the ancient Egypt

alt text

• OK here is reworked Classroom with corrected table tops and scaled down water cooler

alt text

Thanks,Jura

• @jura11

I think the watercooler has become too slender—scaled down as it is; it's top-heavy. Of course the water cooler can be of any design one chooses, and whatever pleases. I believe it looks to be the right height, but I do think that such a device in the real world would be built wider, as a part of it's being functional.

Example:
    alt text

• @mechanaut What's with you and that water cooler? In fact, it looks pretty much similar to one I modeled and put up on Sharecg.

• Just an observation, (and opinion); those water jugs (if plastic) typically weigh about 40 pounds when full.

• @jura11 said in Current projects, works in progress:

Classroom WIP,SuperFly rework

Still no happy how table turned out,can someone help me,in 3DS MAX table looks fine but in Poser I'm getting diagonal line something like this
    Thanks,Jura

IRRC, that's a 3DS export situation. Make sure you're not asking it to export objects as tris or with smoothing groups. (ie: Check the wavefront object export dialogue.)

• Hi, I am working in a new proyect, a dynamic pirate sailor suit for adman v2.
    More updates soon.

alt text

• Poser Ambassadors

I've been running panoramic sky renders in Vue to produce skydome texture images for use with the Lothlorien enviro (or the P11 construct).

They're rendering at 8192x4096, but we'll only use the bottom half, so 8192x2048 for the skydome texture image. They're rendering at superior quality.

Some of these nice sunsets with Godrays take two or three days to complete.

I also have some nighttime moonlit skies, some dark and stormy, some bright sunny days, etc.

• A little sneak peak at the upcoming Eros & Psyche flick.

0_1502473888352_Psyches_adiration.jpg

Staring, at least in this scene: V4, M4, TY, James, Ryan, Alyson, Koji and "The broken jaw" Simon
    Psyche is the one sitting on the throne being admired by all, and is played by the lovely Terai Yuki.

• Poser Ambassadors

I bought another 5-rendercow pack for my Vue Infinite 2014 license. This morning, running a panorama (skydome) of the Pink Paradise atmosphere (a gorgeous morning with a pink horizon), at 8192x4096 pixels at superior quality. This atmo is notoriously difficult/slow to render.

But now I've got 424 cores across nineteen machines pounding away at it. Urania is controlling this morning; that's why she shows as "Urania.PixieHollow..." in the UI.
    0_1502554278268_nineteen rendercows running.PNG
    When finished, I'll crop off the bottom half; the upper 8192x2048 image will texture the Lothlorien skydome (or the P11 construct).
    Then, waiting in queue, is one more Godray atmo. All of the nighttime, sunset, and stormy atmos are finished.

• @seachnasaigh said in Current projects, works in progress:

But now I've got 424 cores across nineteen machines pounding away at it.

Wow! What does a renderfarm like that cost?

• Poser Ambassadors

Not cheap, but not as much as you'd think. Workstation Cameron is the only machine on that list which I bought new. The other three workstations were bought as refurbs from enterprise recyclers on eBay. Put in a new hard drive and an OEM Win7Pro license, and you have a 3D workhorse.

Search eBay for "2x X5690 T7500" or "2x X5690 z800", and here is one with 96GB of registered RAM, two H/T hex-core Xeons (24 render threads @ 3.46GHz!), and even comes with a 64bit Win7Pro license. T7500

These were dauntingly expensive new, but used, they're well within reach, and they will crush even the shiny new "high performance" gaming computers when it comes to rendering.

Most of that consists of server blades, those flat (but 29" front-to-back) units which are stackable. Few people would have a use for a blade server, so when the big enterprise users replace their servers, these things go for about 1-2 pennies on the dollar of what they cost new.
    Search eBay for "2x X5690 r610" or for the less expensive lower clock speed "2x X5650 C1100" C1100 server blade

Most of these server blades are Dell C1100, except for the two with tiny LCD windows; those two are Dell r610.
    rack with server blades

Galadriel is an old Alienware Aurora X58 chassis, for which I bought an E-ATX server motherboard (SuperMicro X8DTi-F-O) with duall 1366 CPU sockets, then bought a pair of X5690 Xeon processors ($120 each, eBay again). So putting one together yourself is also an option. The chassis must accept E-ATX sized motherboards.
    Galadriel

Colonel

• @seachnasaigh How much is your electric bill each month? :)

• Poser Ambassadors

Well, it isn't like these things are running all the time; only when I have a render project underway.
    That said, running these dozen+ skydome textures, plus running the Poser Pro animation Queue tests, with household fans running on high to keep the house ventilated, does show noticeably on the electric bill. I'd estimate probably $100 worth over the last week and a half.

But then, the same could be said for when I'm doing a lot of metal fabrication, running arc welders, air compressors, and plasma cutters.

• And I thought I was doing well with a 2x xeon 5670 with 48 gig. I am impressed
    Bill

• Poser Ambassadors

@willyb53 said in Current projects, works in progress:

And I thought I was doing well with a 2x xeon 5670 with 48 gig. I am impressed
    Bill

You ~are~ doing well - tweny four render threads @ 2.93GHz & 3.33GHz turbo, with 48GB RAM? You're doing just fine. thumbs up And probably paid less than the price of a new top-end gaming computer.

• Ah! we found the source of last week power failure!

• Son-In-Law built with new motherboard, memory, harddrive, recycled case and cpus for under 500 :D
    Bill

• @seachnasaigh said in Current projects, works in progress:

Most of that consists of server blades, those flat (but 29" front-to-back) units which are stackable. Few people would have a use for a blade server, so when the big enterprise users replace their servers, these things go for about 1-2 pennies on the dollar of what they cost new.

Thank you for the info. Those blade servers are an impressive setup.
    So if you throw an animation at it from Poser, will it treat it like one system, each blade rendering a frame? Or you'd still have to run Render Queue to send the frames to each blade/CPU?

• Poser Ambassadors

@krios On each remote (aka render slave), launch Queue Manager. You may install Queue Manager on as many machines as you want.

On your workstation with Poser Pro, use make movie and send to Queue.
    Your workstation's Queue Manager will automatically launch. It first gathers the scene files etc, then you'll see a flurry of local network transfers to the remotes.

The workstation's Queue will send a frame to each available remote.
    When a remote finishes its assigned frame and returns it to the master, the master's Queue sends that remote the next waiting frame. This continues until the animation is finished.
    Using the network seen above, that network would render Poser Pro animations nineteen frames at a time.

Once you've sent the animation off to Queue, you can go to bed; Queue will work its way through all of the frames automatically.

Another way to use Queue is to select a camera view for a promo render, and send that to Queue. You can then switch to another camera and/or frame, and send that render off to Queue also. Close that scene and open another scene, select a camera view and send that off to Queue.
    Send as many renders (material test renders? a series of promo images?) off to Queue as you want. Then you can go to bed, and Queue will work its way through the batch list overnight.

The one thing I sorely miss is being able to spread a single Superfly render (a big high quality wallpaper of a complex scene) across the network. You can do this with Reality/Lux and in Vue Infinite, and other render engines. I would love to get this added to the next Poser Pro.