Poser viewport layout at launch changed

• Hi, guys,

absolute beginner here, I wonder if you can help me out here.

I dunn which button I pressed in the last couple days, but suddenly, my default preferred scene changed.
    Now, instead of the default perspective viewport, I get this layout with four cameras.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0m7czb4uvp0pvu/poser launch.jpg?dl=0

What did I do and how can I revert to the (single) default perspective view when launching?
    I've tried changing launch to prefered state several times and it keeps showing me this 4 cameras layout.

Help?

• Hi, that should be fixed in a minute.
    Open poser and search on the of your viewport at the bottom for the last icon on the left side.
    Push that icon, a drop down menu opened.
    At the top of that menu you have the option for single window viewport.
    Done!

• @exacthor the 'F' key is a shortcut for cycling through the Camera Layout options. If you keep pressing it, you will eventually get back to where you were, but it's usually easier to just select Display>Camera Layout>Full Port
    0_1532345269473_Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.27.04 pm.png

• It worked!

Thank you guys so much. Marco and Anomalaus! :)

This had been driving me crazy these last few days. ^_^

I bought Poser years and years and years ago, but as you can tell, my expertise is... less than ideal.

E.

• Do you by any chance have a cat? I always lock my keyboard whenever I leave it, even for a second, because cats are known for executing little known shortcuts all the time ;)

• LOL,
    No cats, this is all on me. ^_^
    I must have clicked F accidentally and it got like this.
    I am a terrible multitasker, so I probably forgot I did it amid a dozen other things I was doing, til I opened Poser in the next session.

• @exacthor Actually. there might actually be a bug there some where. I hadn't messed with the viewport layout since the early days of Poser. So when I read this thread and your problem, I wanted to check out why you couldn't get it back easily. So I switched to the four port view.. and I could not switch it back. Tried to do it with the button at the bottom of the viewport and that did not work. The only way it finally worked was the way Anomalus said to do it.

• @eclark1849
    Hm. That works fine on mine. The button at the bottom, that is. Also to press F repeatedly, but both work.

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Poser viewport layout at launch changed:

@eclark1849
    Hm. That works fine on mine. The button at the bottom, that is. Also to press F repeatedly, but both work.

Well, maybe the bug is with my computer.

• I used to use the bottom button all the time, but for me, it now freezes poser. I reported it, but if few others are having the problem, they probably won't be able to reproduce it to fix it.

• @redphantom said in Poser viewport layout at launch changed:

I used to use the bottom button all the time, but for me, it now freezes poser. I reported it, but if few others are having the problem, they probably won't be able to reproduce it to fix it.

Actually, that did happen to me too. Finally had to reboot the computer just to get out of it. When I started up Poser again, same problem. I must have rebooted my computer 5 times before I finally tried it Anomulaus' way and it worked.

• @eclark1849 Hm, never had that problem and i use this button often.
    Sometimes my poser crashes right after an item or a light was deleted.
    Phyton scribts seem a magnet for crashes, too.

• @marco said in Poser viewport layout at launch changed:

@eclark1849 Hm, never had that problem and i use this button often.
    Sometimes my poser crashes right after an item or a light was deleted.
    Phyton scribts seem a magnet for crashes, too.

Well, maybe it's time to get a new computer. One witrh a GPU card this time. :)

• @redphantom I have a not-too-dissimilar problem with viewport/workspace layout whenever I change rooms. Going from the Pose room to the Material Room, I get unexplained panels from the Face Room appearing. I have attributed this to some configuration file corruption, somewhere, but I can always get around it by making sure I have one of the layout buttons assigned for each room, to restore the layout. It doesn't always work on the first try (it does get rid of the extraneous panels which should never appear outside the Face Room, but I have a second monitor on which I locate the Python windows and Raytrace Preview, and it always wants to put the Raytrace Preview back on the primary monitor, until I click the layout button a second time).

Though I haven't bothered with clearing my configuration and re-installing Poser (too much time and hassle and risk of not getting everything back the way it was). I'd suggest that clicking the Viewport selection button may be cycling to a viewport layout which has corrupted configuration information stored, and thus freezes Poser.

• Hi, guys,
    It's weid to see this thread still going. :)

EClark,
    you may be onto something, I revisited this problem and I found out I can get the perspective viewport to change into the 4-viewports layout by pressing F.

But if I keep pressing F, the original perspective viewport doesn't return, you were right.

The viewport layout does change and cycles through several layouts until it returns to the original if I press F

BUT

only if I left-click with my mouse on one of the viewports.

• Pressing D should return the viewport to the state it was in before you hit F. As you say, F cycles through the viewports. I tried with the library floating and selected (so the viewport wasn't main focus) and pressing F still cycled the viewport. It does seem sometimes though that Poser needs to 'catch up' with itself before the cycling works by pressing F.

0_1532709318972_viewports.jpg

• @raven many times I have noted the "catch-up" failures of Poser to respond to single shortcut key presses. It's especially problematic when one is trying to change the parameter palette selection from, for instance, Select Camera (3,KP_3) by pressing Select Body (2,KP_2). Frequently, I have to press Select Actor (1,KP_1), before Select Body will be responded to.

• @anomalaus I agree, the catch-ups are problematic and not just on keyboard shortcuts. You think it hasn't recognised your action, so try something else and, nope! Poser now wants to do what you originally wanted and so ctrl-z becomes all too much of a recurrence.

• @raven yep. I'm also frequently bitten (when I get lazy and don't deliberately do a precautionary save of a complicated scene) by Poser crashing during manual frame advance. Increment through a few frames to remind myself of progress or refer to an earlier pose then WHAM! back to the desktop, with a crash dump window to bitterly remind me that I can't rely on Poser's own autosave unless I have left the session idle for 10 minutes, which is never the case when I'm actively working on something.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.