This one is for you, Larry Weinberg

• "Poser was created by artist and programmer Larry Weinberg as a digital replacement for artist's mannequins." - Poser @ Wikipedia

His Evolution, my Evolution, your Evolution.

***NSFW content***

click to show

and some more:

***=NSFW content***

click to show

BTW, this is even cooler:

"My goal was to experiment with interaction techniques and develop a digital mannikin that could be used as posing reference for comic strip work I was doing." - Larry

See, Poser was made for comics :D hihihi

• Those are very charming renders indeed.

• Excellent work and great layout of the image, obviously a lot of thought went into these...
    Which figure is that, if I may ask?

• @tastiger said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

The female must be G8 I think, don't know about the "mannekin".

• Poser Ambassadors

@DarthJ said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

@tastiger said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

What about his own figure? PE?

• @abrahamjones said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

Those are very charming renders indeed.

why thank you!

Excellent work and great layout of the image, obviously a lot of thought went into these...

Thanks. That is Project Evolution, character Nordic Girl with a bit more body weight added.

lol

@wimvdb said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

What about his own figure? PE?

hehe, zou het?

• @erogenesis Nicely done and practically photoreal!

• I just have to say it again - fantastic and really shows what Poser can do...

I think given these images you could even make that mutant Poser cat look great!

• @rtamesis said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

@erogenesis Nicely done and practically photoreal!

thank you kindly!

I just have to say it again - fantastic and really shows what Poser can do...

I think given these images you could even make that mutant Poser cat look great!

Thanks! but in all fairness, credits to Poser because I didn't do much here. The scene is incredibly simple. Check it out:

This is the scene:

0_1532722589945_scene example.jpg

Here's the scene in hierarchy Editor:

0_1532722804099_scene assets example.jpg

Girl is PE Nordic Girl. Here's a simplified version of her torso material:

0_1532722691115_girl mats example.jpg

The smartdome and backdrop are both from the PE ONE package, the cloth is a highres square clothsimmed over a chamfer box, subD twice. Here's the cloth material:

0_1532722713384_cloth mat example.jpg

Two spotlights as you can see, these are the parameters for both:

0_1532722744944_spotlight parms example.jpg

And their settings:

0_1532722763780_spotlight example.jpg

And the Firefly settings. The bucketsize could probably go down to 256 or 128, but that size seemed to work in p10 the best somehow.

0_1532722832687_scene FF settings example.jpg

As you can see, piece of cake, Poser did the rest.

• Hi erogenesis, you made a hell of a job, both, in the development of your evolution characters and the usage of the firefly render engine.
    A few month ago, i read your little articel about the firefly engine and your usage of the blackbody phenomen.
    Since that time i tryed to take your thoughts on that topic into concideration when i create my renders.
    English is not my native language, so i had to translate a lot of what you wrote in that text, also your english is far from what i was teached in school.
    In this days Poser 11 showed up and i was sucked into the new cycles/superfly render engine.
    But it made my entire workflow into a nightmare and i created nothing for almost 6 month.
    I switched back to firefly and ran into the same old problems with shitty shadows, artifacts and glowing bodyholes.
    That was the time where i read your kind of tutorial and after a few setbacks, i can say, your advice had made my renders in firefly looking better and better.
    So, thank you again for that.

I also want to join the tribut for Larry Weinberg, a guy who influenced my life to a great extent.
    Like him, i was all my life into art. I have made paintings and drawings since childhood, made it a lifelong hobby, sometimes i was even payed, for doing it.
    In the early 2000th i started making digital paintings and comics, using a programm called art dabbler and a cheap graphics tablet with a size of a postcard.
    I started doing 3d-art with Poser 5 and it became a longtime relationship, one may say.
    Thank you, Larry, for this brilliant idea and fun software!
    Hope you doing well!

• Hi everyone, just saw this lovely tribute to larry from ero. I really like this one a lot
    RENDER BY ERO - MY FAVOURITE

• @DarthJ
    Haaaahaaa.... DarthJ, you saved my day :-D

• Soooo cute and well lit, I love them!

• @estherau
    I keep wondering if Ero made this as a self-portrait...

• You mean as the "mannekin" ?

• Poser Ambassadors

@DarthJ ;)

• @marco said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

Hi erogenesis, you made a hell of a job, both, in the development of your evolution characters and the usage of the firefly render engine.
    A few month ago, i read your little articel about the firefly engine and your usage of the blackbody phenomen.
    Since that time i tryed to take your thoughts on that topic into concideration when i create my renders.
    English is not my native language, so i had to translate a lot of what you wrote in that text, also your english is far from what i was teached in school.
    In this days Poser 11 showed up and i was sucked into the new cycles/superfly render engine.
    But it made my entire workflow into a nightmare and i created nothing for almost 6 month.
    I switched back to firefly and ran into the same old problems with shitty shadows, artifacts and glowing bodyholes.
    That was the time where i read your kind of tutorial and after a few setbacks, i can say, your advice had made my renders in firefly looking better and better.
    So, thank you again for that.

I also want to join the tribut for Larry Weinberg, a guy who influenced my life to a great extent.
    Like him, i was all my life into art. I have made paintings and drawings since childhood, made it a lifelong hobby, sometimes i was even payed, for doing it.
    In the early 2000th i started making digital paintings and comics, using a programm called art dabbler and a cheap graphics tablet with a size of a postcard.
    I started doing 3d-art with Poser 5 and it became a longtime relationship, one may say.
    Thank you, Larry, for this brilliant idea and fun software!
    Hope you doing well!

thank you very much. I'm glad it helped. I hope when PE is at Rendo and Futagirl is out, I can spend more time making fun little tuts and extras for this project as well as Poser in general. I really appreciate your feedback and compliments!

@estherau said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

Hi everyone, just saw this lovely tribute to larry from ero. I really like this one a lot
    RENDER BY ERO - MY FAVOURITE

thank you so much @estherau <3<3<3

@Bytefactory3D said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

Soooo cute and well lit, I love them!

zikomo byte! btw got your email! will answer asap

@fverbaas said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

@estherau
    I keep wondering if Ero made this as a self-portrait...

are you implying I am made of wood? :D

You mean as the "mannekin" ?

lol snap!

• @erogenesis Oh, NOOOOOOO! It's only just occurred to me that you may have named your wedding tackle product just so you could utter the immortal "Insert TaB A into ..."!!! 8-D ;-)

• Poser Ambassadors

@anomalaus said in This one is for you, Larry Weinberg:

@erogenesis Oh, NOOOOOOO! It's only just occurred to me that you may have named your wedding tackle product just so you could utter the immortal "Insert TaB A into ..."!!! 8-D ;-)

LMAO!!!

• This post is deleted!