How does the WalkDesigner work?

• It has walking and running and strutting. Is there anyway to teach a character to turn and/ or sit with it?

• @eclark1849 Short answer, no.
    You can add your own blend styles by placing a 30 frame animated walk pose in the walk designer folder (MUST be 30 frames) but that's about it for adapting what WalkDesigner can do. I experimented with jumping poses, made a cycle rather like what you might see in a sack race, applied at 100% blend it works but WD wants to alternate left right by default so at lower blends it gets very jittery.
    Turning corners is handled by applying walks to a path but the cycle does not take account of the slight shortening of stride or turn of feet that occur in a real walk.
    As for sitting, I guess you could make a sitting pose of 30 frames and put it in the WD pose folder but there's not a lot of point doing that unless you want a quick way of having a character sit and stand repeatedly

• @flickeringlight When I first bought Poser 20 years ago, I wasn't as interested in still rendering as I was in animation. In short, I was looking for a way to "storyboard" some screenplays I had written. I thought then, and still think now, that it would be a great way to pitch an idea, movie, play, or tv show to the right people. The Walk Designer was a step in the right direction, and then, it's like Poser just quit. I can only conclude that because it changed ownership so many times, it lost cohesion on what it was trying to do, and unfortunately, my wants and ideas were never realized.

• @eclark1849 It was the other way round for me, I first used Poser as an aid in illustration, pretty much as it was intended but then the animation bug bit and for the past 15 years it has been a vital tool in creating a library of short clips that I use in my VJ shows and in some music videos. I agree it has limitations but I've learned to adapt bvh motions and the inclusion of layers in the animation palette was a very useful development. The sketchiness of "storyboarding" is often the nearest I get to narrative work as I want to be able to express an idea in just a few clips or vignettes. I remain in awe of the skill and dedication of artists like Auroratrek who does manage to produce credible and engaging short films.

With regard to your comment on stalled development, it may amuse you to hear that I regularly get audience members telling me how much they like my "retro" style animations (That'd be standard Firefly renders)