Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?

• Greetings, I've been trying to get a response from tech support on several glitches I can't clear on my new PP11 Pro install.. It has to do with the Library not holding its settings (thumbnail size) and the list in libraries jumping to the top when selecting any item down the list.. I have not been able to find any information within forums or elsewhere.. and this glitch is annoying enough to keep me from using PP11 pro (still using Gave Dev version for now).

Any help or a point in the right direction would be so helpfull..

Cheers

• Poser Ambassadors

If you haven't already, try setting your library how you want it, and then go to Edit > General Preferences, under the first tab that appears (document) you'll see a box that gives the option to 'Launch To Preferred State', and 'Launch To Factory State' and then a button below that says "Set Preferred State". Set your UI and library preferences how you want and then click the Set Preferred State button. Make sure 'Launch To Preferred State' is checked, then restart poser. Your library should keep the settings you had when you set the preferred state.

Also make sure you have the latest SR4 installed.

This is a holiday weekend so that may have something to do with the slow response from tech support.

• Hi, thank you for responding. I had queried tech support 2 weeks ago and never head back.

I did as you recommended but still no go.. I set the thumbnail size, set preferred state and restarted.. it goes back to minimum.. Seems everytime I go to use PP11 pro I have to reset everything else up.. At least the preferred open scene is constant, just can't get that flipping library to work properly (Windows 10, everything on the system is updated..)

Do I now need to un-install, re-install and try again.. ? ergh.

poser version 11.0.4.32600

Thanks again.

Cheers

• Poser Ambassadors

Ah. I would try tech support again then. I tested it myself before I posted that response just to be sure I wasn't missing anything and it worked for me, but I'm on win7 64-bit, so it's not exactly the same system.

• Thanks M8.. for what ever reasons, I've never been lucky with the lib window on any of the poser version on any of the rigs I've run.. it's either this or that, and never the way it should be.

I'm trying to get Octane and RedSpecSSS to work properly with little joy thus far.. following the info provided, but not getting the same results as others (not close). The lib glitches just doesn't help the mood..

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Cheers

• @AmbientShade said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

...go to Edit > General Preferences, under the first tab that appears (document) you'll see a box that gives the option to 'Launch To Preferred State', and 'Launch To Factory State' and then a button below that says "Set Preferred State".

The Document tab only covers the preferred scene that is loaded when Poser starts (and various other document related settings). It does not have any impact on user interface preferences.

Set your UI and library preferences how you want and then click the Set Preferred State button. Make sure 'Launch To Preferred State' is checked, then restart poser.

On the Interface tab, yes. You want Launch to previous state there, and not Launch to factory state.

@Seaking406 said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

I did as you recommended but still no go.. I set the thumbnail size, set preferred state and restarted.. it goes back to minimum.. Seems everytime I go to use PP11 pro I have to reset everything else up..

Sounds like it's failing to write your preferences to disk.

Can you open File Explorer, paste %AppData%\Poser Pro into the location bar, and zip up the 11 folder? If you attach that archive to your tech support incident, they'll have more information to help you.

Do I now need to un-install, re-install and try again.. ?

Not sure if that would make a difference. I'd hold off for now.

If you want, you can try to move away (not delete, so you can move them back if it doesn't help) %AppData%\Poser Pro\11 and %Temp%\Poser\11 and see if that makes any difference.

• Hi, thank you for suggesting that.. Unfortunately, though it did write a new LibraryState file, the thumbnails size and indent won't stick..

Hopefully I'll hear back from SM soon.. or send another query..

Cheers

• @Seaking406 said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

Unfortunately, though it did write a new LibraryState file, the thumbnails size and indent won't stick..

So what are the values that it wrote to LibraryState.xml upon shutting down? Not the ones you configured?

The first ten elements or so cover most of the settings that you are referring to.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Uli-Klumpp said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

@AmbientShade said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

...go to Edit > General Preferences, under the first tab that appears (document) you'll see a box that gives the option to 'Launch To Preferred State', and 'Launch To Factory State' and then a button below that says "Set Preferred State".

The Document tab only covers the preferred scene that is loaded when Poser starts (and various other document related settings). It does not have any impact on user interface preferences.

Set your UI and library preferences how you want and then click the Set Preferred State button. Make sure 'Launch To Preferred State' is checked, then restart poser.

On the Interface tab, yes. You want Launch to previous state there, and not Launch to factory state.

Ah ok, interesting. I thought that it stores the UI layout as well, since my layout and library settings stay the same from one session to the next until I change it. Apparently "previous state" seems to be on by default in interface as I don't remember ever changing it.

• I've found that since I updated to the second version of SR4 (11.0.4.32600) that came out just after the original SR4 (11.0.4.32467), my library doesn't always remember the settings either. It's an erratic behaviour, not every time, it's weird.

• So after doing some changes, deletions and moving.. and evils eyes at the monitor..

I copied over the LibraryState.xml files before, during and after a Poser11 pro session and can clearly see that the file is being newly written, re-written, created etc.. so that would suggest its not a 'permissions' problem..

however, this ONE line isn't consistent with anything that is showing in the Poser library or with what I'm doing.. <treeImageSize>91 will change to <treeImageSize>25..

My PREF is that it shows 91 not 25 but no matter what I do, all I get is the 25 size, regardless of what the xml file shows.. So everytime I load up Poser11 pro, I have to go into the library and manually change every time.. (yes I know.. not a huge task but come on.. really?) and then chase the library when I click on one folder and the list shoots up to the top forcing me to go back down the list and find the folder I had been wanting in the first place.. gees.

However, the search function works great! yay?

Any thoughts?

<ContentLibraryPrefs version="1"><listImageSize>80</listImageSize><showTree>true</showTree><showItemList>false</showItemList><showBreadcrumbs>false</showBreadcrumbs><showExtDetails>false</showExtDetails><itemListAsGrid>true</itemListAsGrid><treeImageSize>91</treeImageSize><treeSelectedImageSize>100</treeSelectedImageSize><treeIndent>6</treeIndent><treeReopenFolders>false</treeReopenFolders><showFolderCounts>true</showFolderCounts>

• Poser Ambassadors

Hah. I never use only the tree, so I never noticed this. But I'm on SR 5 (beta) and it does it there, too. I set the tree Thumbnail Size to 91 and the Selected Thumbnail Size to 91 and exited. Upon restart, they were once more 25 and 100.

I never noticed because I use the library in wide layout, on a second monitor, with the items shown in the grid list, not the tree.

• administrators

I can confirm the bug.
    Looks like loading of previous value fails, so library takes default value instead.

• administrators

Bug is being looked at.
    A fix was proposed, but we have yet to confirm the fix doesn't introduce some negative side-effects.

• So basically, this isn't anything new.. it's just been there.. since.. when? Since Poser11 Pro rolled out?!

Can anyone else confirm if their library also does the jump to the top when selecting items in the tree? I have a long list of items in my library.. so when I scroll to the bottom of that list, and when I attempt to open a folder or select an item, the library shoots to the top and I have to rescroll down to the bottom..

NE1 have an ideas to when a fix might be in the making?

Now I'm wondering if my problems with Octane and RedSpecSSS are also attributed to a faulty Poser11 Pro internal faults.. doomed to fail from the beginning?!

Cheers

• administrators

@Seaking406
    Scroll-to-top in list-view has been fixed in 32770 build. Should be available on following beta.

For thumbnail size bugs, only after fix has been confirmed as safe, fix will be included in public build. I believe a colleague will evaluate it soon.

• Poser Ambassadors

Now I'm wondering if my problems with Octane and RedSpecSSS are also attributed to a faulty Poser11 Pro internal faults.. doomed to fail from the beginning?!

Cheers

I use Octane v3 and redspec with Poser Pro 11 all the time and both are working fine.
    What problem do you have with them?

• Excellent, looking forward to it.

Cheers

• @wimvdb said in Can't find support for Poser11 Pro.. anyone?:

Cheers

I use Octane v3 and redspec with Poser Pro 11 all the time and both are working fine.
    What problem do you have with them?

Its most likely not a related problem, more likely trying to sort out how to make it work properly.. I keep getting the oddest and poor results in renders. I'm looking for some one on one learning time with someone knowledgeable who can walk me through some things with it..

Cheers

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.