Grouping to prop

• Made a scene with group of primitive props. Adjusted the props to what I want, made textures, put them in place to make a new object. From the Object menu uses the New Group tool. Went to Hierarchy menu pulled all props to new group, all set but can't figure out how to make my new group to a prop. Can anybody help, please! Thanks

• As far as I know you can not combine primitives to a single prop from within Poser (maybe I just dont know how, though). I think I saw a script for that somewhere but I can not find it. A workaround could be to export as obj and then reimport. Is there a reason why you can't just use the grouping but need a single prop instead?

• I think n-i-c-l-a-s' suggestion to export it as an OBJ and reimport it is a good way to do it, BUT, you will need to remove the geometry from it, and save to the Poser library as a PP2. At least that's how I've always understood the process.

Here's a link to a tutorial on how to remove the geometry --> http://www.cocs.com/poser/props2.htm

• @n-i-c-l-a-s
    Made a what I consider a unique Building with the primitive props, so was hoping I could group them and save them as one prop. I will try to export them as one .obj. Then import the obj try the grouping tool and make it a prop. If that doesn't work, I'll try to save it as a prop then remove the geometry as Miss B suggest. Thanks to both of you for the help, in my old poser versions was able to use the morphing tool to create a prop from multi-props, not so much anymore. Have to study and find out what the Grouping function is really for in the object menu.Thank you very much again for the help.

• @dhenders The grouping function creates a new grouping (an empty object) to which you can parent other props and figures and then move/rotate/scale them as a single entity (It is indicated as a small cube in the viewport.)

• You might want to check out Bryce. It does what you are trying to do here with Boolean (spelling) shapes. You can stick together any primitive shape you want and even make some shapes scoop out parts of others or create new shapes from the intersection of of two or ore shapes. These are exportable as object files.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.