Firefly Progressive Mode Render Error

• Firefly progressive render mode error encountered.

Render dimensions set at 480 x 640. Scene has only IDL. Some materials have reflection or fresnel nodes. Is this a known bug or is there a workaround ?

0_1467706860176_Progressive Firefly mode.png

• what are we looking for?

• I selected Progressive Mode render option in the FireFly render tab. This render is the output. Have no idea why....

• Poser Ambassadors

Not knowing what is in the scene, but the quality of the Progressive FireFly render engine can be improved by increasing Pixel Samples to somewhere around 5 to 6 to start with.

• Poser Ambassadors

I have : In Manual Settings:

• Cast Shadows ON

• Raytrace bounces 1

• Indirect Light ON

• Pixel samples 5 (go higher for better quality at the cost of speed)

• Bucket size 32

• Prograssive mode ON

• Use Displacement maps ON

• Tone mapping NONE

• Gamma correction ON

• 0_1467735986139_Progressive Firefly mode2.png

OK, I have closed Poser and re-launched Poser, and re-loaded my scene. I choose Firefly Progressive render mode. now I can get something sensible, not perfect. So I believe my earlier render was a memory problem, which went away after I shut down Poser and re-launched it.

And here are my render settings for this output:

I guess I have to increase the pixel samples - most of the other choices are greyed out.

• Poser Ambassadors

The first thing I would check is the materials of the black areas; look for dashed "wires" indicating invalid connections, look for black results in the little node preview windows.
    Also check the message log; look for an icon shaped like a cartoon speech bubble. If it has turned orange, there is a problem.
    alt text

Not likely to be the cause, but if you enable use displacement maps, then min displacement bound should be >0, or Firefly will miss some of the displaced bits.
    alt text

• @seachnasaigh Thanks ! helpful info to check against.

• Poser Ambassadors

Yes, now for better results crack Pixel Samples up to 6 or more.

Pixel Samples controls the quality of the FireFly Progressive render.
    Higher is better (at the cost of render time).
    Best regards, Tony

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.