Tyler in Superfly rendering become black.

• Fixed using Ezyskin3 but no bum.
    Anyone can teach me how to fix The bum please..?(0_1467907085780_1466683327424-tyler-bump.jpg image url)

• @momogun I don't use EZ Skin so can you show the material setup? You porbably just need to plug the bump map back in but it could be more complex than that node wise.

• I think the problem is not Tylers bump map but the displacement map. EZSkin does not connect it in the new shader, maybe because it works very differently in Superfly compared to Firefly. IN order to get that much detail out of a displacement map you need unreasonable amounts of subdivision in Superfly. You could plug the displacement map into the bump channel (maybe combine it with Tylers procedural bump) or you could use the displacement map to create a normal map (for example with Gimp or Photoshop) and use that instead. I like to use normal maps in Poser, because they loook good, render quickly and they show in the preview window.

• Thanks for the reply, both of u. Teyon I didnt change any position of the node. All still in original position fresh from market. I think u should try to render Tyler in superfly. See what the problem and tell me the solution. I used the ezskin3, and the result is very nice.. But now, i Dont want to use the ezskin.. I want to see Tyler in original poser superfly rendering seting. Can u help me please..

• Tyler renders as black in Superfly because he was created long before Superfly was in Poser. He uses, I believe (I didn't do his textures), EZSkin or EZSkin 2's setup for skin that used to work well in Firefly. The material setup is incompatible with Superfly as is. You'd need to seriously simplify the materials used to get a good look in Superfly.

• @n-i-c-l-a-s Thanks a lot buddy... i fixed it by follow u advise. But now i want to see tyler fix without using the ezyskin3. I want to learn other method. Can u teach how to create the normal maps? Can u give me Any u tube Links or something can show that .

• @Teyon do u have any link or u tube perhaps.. Something can show me how to fixed Tyler ? Thanks in advanced.

• Creating normal maps from scratch would require an application with sculpting features like ZBrush, Mudbox, Modo, 3DCoat, Blender, etc. and the ability to export sculptural detail as a normal map.

However, you can also try using a program like NDO from Quixel or a program like Crazy Bump to convert a bump/displacement map to a normal map. The results are usually ok enough for hobbyist work and would likely suit most Poser user needs. I'll post a screen of a simple setup to get Tyler to not render as black in Superfly.

• 0_1467942904106_skin.PNG
    Here's a screen of a simple setup that will get Tyler to render in Superfly.

• @Teyon You may feel like you need to increase or decrease the value in the Bump channel but that's up to you. This setup should work though.

• He he.. This is very normal solution Teyon. Tyler in Firefly rendering more better than this. However thanks for u time. I will Try to do the normal maps.

• @momogun said in Tyler in Superfly rendering become black.:

He he.. This is very normal solution Teyon. Tyler in Firefly rendering more better than this. However thanks for u time. I will Try to do the normal maps.

This is expected. The textures for Tyler are not intended for use in Superfly. I also didn't add any specularity but you can plug the subsurface node into the Alternate Spec channel if you want. If you create a specular map for him, you'll likely end up with even better results but that's a whole other story. You wanted to know how to get him to render. This is how. Anything else would require creating entirely new textures or, as you've already seen, a new shader setup ala EZSkin 3. Anyway, good luck. You should look up creating Normal Maps in ZBrush on YouTube. You'll likely find info on the process. You can also try pixologic.com for more information.

• Tyler in firefly amaze me a lot when the 1st time i render it using poser 2014. I buy poser 11 couples week ago. I thought Tyler in superfly more better.. HE HE Never mind.. Thanks Teyon. I Learn a lot today. Now i know about normal maps.

• Of course Teyon is right, the proper way to create a normal map is to bake it from a high resolution mesh. But since you do not have it available it would probably be quickest to use either one of the tools Teyon was talking about or to use Gimp or Photoshop to create a normal map from the height information of the displacement map. If I want to quickly "convert" a bump-/displacement- or heightmap to a normal map I usually use Gimp.

The process is pretty simple:

Alternatively, you could also use Photoshop together with nVidias normal map filter:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop . I prefer using Gimp, though, as the edge-detection-based filters (Prewitt and Sobel) generally give better results IMO and these are not available in the nVidia PS plugin.

You could also look at the (non-free, but reasonably priced) application Bitmap2Material https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/bitmap2material which allows creating all kinds of PBR maps based on other maps you already have. IMO the results are pretty good with a bit of tweaking and I think its is a very useful tool for quickly creating maps for use in Superfly from legacy content.

• @n-i-c-l-a-s Thanks!! u help me a lot. This is very use full information.. Now i can do this very easy. Thanks once again..

• Poser Ambassadors

Beyond knowing how because knowing is better than not knowing, I'm a little mystified why you want to convert height to normal. That is what Poser does when you use a height map in the bump channel - it converts it, on the fly, internally, with no effort on your part, into a normal map.

If what you have is a normal map, use a normal map. But if what you have is a height map, there is no plausible reason to manually convert it to a normal map first, and then use the normal map in Poser. Just use the height map itself. That's why all the math exists in the rendering engine to convert height to calculate a normal.

Now of course in FireFly you can freely switch between the bump channel and the displacement channel. Which to use usually has little to do with the height map itself, and only to do with efficiency and whether or not you are getting artifacts one way or the other.

(When using bump, your artifact is that the silhouette is flat, same as with normal maps. When using displacement, your most common artifact is that cracks appear.)

With SuperFly, as you've now seen, the choice is not so simple, because when using displacement with fine detail, you have to save a super-dense mesh, whereas FireFly creates the dense mesh on the fly without your help. In SuperFly your most common tactic will be to plug the height map into the bump channel.

Your least common tactic would be to externally convert to normal map. The resulting map will have NO BENEFIT aside from a fraction of a second speedup in rendering.

• I can not speak for other people, but personally I prefer normal maps because they show in the preview (bump and displacement maps do not) and because it makes it easier to switch render engines (I frequently use Marmoset Toolbag for rendering when I am not in the mood for waiting and sometimes I export scenes/characters from Poser to a game engine, where a normal map comes in handy). Furthermore, sometimes I have more than one map with height information ( eg bump and replacement) and there are times I like to keep the height information separate. Using a normal map together with a bump map can work well in these cases (I do not know if Superfly supports it though. Reality/Luxrender does.)

• I not use the normal map yet. I Use the ezyskin and fixed the bump just by changing the nodes and do some modification follow the picture by Teyon above . Thanks All.. 0_1468434663902_1000000.jpg

• Another problem.. How to fix the basic material for woods in superfly rendering. Help me please. 0_1468438255174_10000.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@momogun said in Tyler in Superfly rendering become black.:

Another problem.. How to fix the basic material for woods in superfly rendering. Help me please. 0_1468438255174_10000.jpg

Make sure you have max transparent bounces set high enough
    Make it 64 or higher, the leaves have many layers.
    For the tree itself, lower the specularity

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.