Poser11 Pro fails again?

• So still not able to get the library to work properly, frequently going back to GameDev version when not needing to use Octane.. but now discovered another annoying problem with Poser11 pro...

I cannot use any keyboard shortcuts such a Control-Z (undo) or Control-D (drop to floor).. but if I use the mouse and click on those, it will work.. none of the keyboard short cuts.

Glad I paid good money for this broken POS software version..

When is Poser12 coming out?

Just frustrated, but need fixes.. no one from Smith Micro is responding at the tech support queries sent in..

• @Seaking406 I would be SHOCKED if you don't get a response from tech support because this sounds like either a bad preferences file (easy enough to fix) or just a faulty installation. People have their issues with Poser 11 but keyboard commands not working would not be one of them to my knowledge. Try following the instructions here:

https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982174-solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences

• @Teyon said in Poser11 Pro fails again?:

@Seaking406 I would be SHOCKED if you don't get a response from tech support because this sounds like either a bad preferences file (easy enough to fix) or just a faulty installation. People have their issues with Poser 11 but keyboard commands not working would not be one of them to my knowledge. Try following the instructions here:

https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982174-solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences

Thank you for the link, I have tried that one over and over again.. and though it writes a new file and that prefs DOES show the correct info, the library refuses to adhere to the instructions within.. The shortcut keys is a baffling one as well. I went into Poser prefs and wiped out the ones I typically use and re-entered them and yet still nothing.

If I didn't know any better, it feels like someone is sitting on the other side of the monitor waiting to see what else they can do to make my day surreal with this software..

I may have to resort to un-installing the Poser11 pro installation and reloading it again.. and hopefully THAT will take care of any annoying issues..

Thanks again for the info.

Cheers

• I agree it would be (very) annoying, but if this was an issue with the software I think it would have been yelled about long and loud well before this. It sounds more like the installation not playing nice with the OS. I had the same thing with Reality/Luxrender and PP2014. Turned out I had a registry issue and had to reinstall the OS.

• @piersyf said in Poser11 Pro fails again?:

I agree it would be (very) annoying, but if this was an issue with the software I think it would have been yelled about long and loud well before this. It sounds more like the installation not playing nice with the OS. I had the same thing with Reality/Luxrender and PP2014. Turned out I had a registry issue and had to reinstall the OS.

Reinstall the OS?! Yoikes and I thought I had it bad.

Good news I was contacted by Tech Support at SmithMicro and hopefully on the path of a fix..

Cheers