Korean language spammer in the Poser forums

• @redphantom The problem is that these are spam bots. They create a new account and keep on spamming. Look at the names they are making up.

• I know, but some have posted several times. It would cut back on what I have to wade through.

• Poser Ambassadors

@redphantom
    Many of them already posted way over 100 messages.

• @Miss-B said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@jura11 I have my preferences set to 20 per page, and there are at least 10 pages, so we're looking at over 200 spam posts.

I sent a PM to Ratscloset, so we'll see if he responds or not.

Hi @Miss-B

I have same as you my preference set to 20 per page too and checked only 4 pages last night as on my phone I can go to 4th page and then I go back to 2nd page, stupid phone

200 posts, my god, that's a lot spam posts

Thanks, Jura

• maybe we must use a tag like notspam so we can use that as a filter.

• @F_Verbaas What I've been doing since last night is right clicking each in my Messages list, and selecting Open In New Tab of my browser. A good way to get to them without having to wade through all the garbage.

• @redphantom said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

If you turn off the paginate, you can get a longer list. Click on the top post, scroll to the bottom and shift-click on the bottom one to select them all. Use control-click if you happen to see any legitimate posts to unselect them and then click mark as read>selected.

I didn't see that working, but since I had already read all the legitimate posts for now, I just used Mark as Read > All. Of course, I'll have to do that again each time, but at least I don't have 10 pages of them sitting there annoying me . . . for now.

BTW, thanks for that tidbit, because I didn't know there WAS an option to Mark as Read. You obviously only see it when you select the posts.

• @Miss-B said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@redphantom said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

If you turn off the paginate, you can get a longer list. Click on the top post, scroll to the bottom and shift-click on the bottom one to select them all. Use control-click if you happen to see any legitimate posts to unselect them and then click mark as read>selected.

I didn't see that working, but since I had already read all the legitimate posts for now, I just used Mark as Read > All. Of course, I'll have to do that again each time, but at least I don't have 10 pages of them sitting there annoying me . . . for now.

BTW, thanks for that tidbit, because I didn't know there WAS an option to Mark as Read. You obviously only see it when you select the posts.

I use the New Posts all the time, and normally select anything NOT Poser and mark as Read.

But this is ... too much.

• First spam post one day ago and no response from the admin so far. If I posted a NSFW render without the appropriate tag that would be gone in 5 minutes. Priorities I guess.

• @DarthJ quick go through and post nsfw images in all the spam posts and don't make them and they'll be gotten rid of.

• @DarthJ
    I understand mods have rights to remove threads but not to ban users or close the forum.
    These more drastic options require a higher level of authority.
    With new threads launched every minute removing the threads does not make much sense unless there is a 24/7 team working on it constantly.

• @redphantom said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@DarthJ quick go through and post nsfw images in all the spam posts and don't make them and they'll be gotten rid of.

Problem is, DarthJ would probably be banned in the process.

We should all post a few NSFW images in those threads ;) I guess they can't ban us all ...

• They'd probably ban everyone but the spammer

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@Miss-B said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@redphantom said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

I use the New Posts all the time, and normally select anything NOT Poser and mark as Read.

But this is ... too much.

I have to agee, but at least now I can mark them as read. Not great, but better than nothing.

• @DarthJ It's vacation time for lots of people here in the US. And it IS a weekend. You can't expect a paid employee to not have time off. Be easy on these folks.

• @ghostship Oh I agree. Tomorrow will tell the tale whether they'll send a global moderator over here to clean out the mess.

• @trekkiegrrrl it's certainly good to know how to select posts. I would never have guessed that clicking on the poster's avatar would select the post, but that also only works in the unread list. It's a pity there's no way to block/hide all posts from a particular poster, as some other forum software allows, but it appears that the spammers are continuously creating new accounts, so the spam posts could multiply exponentially, it this isn't shut down soon.

It was interesting to see the first couple of hours of this, prior to all the posts using Korean, they were using chinese characters, and all had names of tertiary institutions visible in the roman alphabet.

• @ghostship said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@DarthJ It's vacation time for lots of people here in the US. And it IS a weekend. You can't expect a paid employee to not have time off. Be easy on these folks.

Well you don't really need to be at an office to log into the admin panel and ban spambots. :P

The problem is that they may need to ban a certain ISP or range of IP's to prevent the spammer from simply creating new bots. Less drastic measures would be anti spam bot capta's before someone signs up. That may not totally eliminate the spammers but it will reduce the amount of them for sure. They could also make a provision that the first five or so posts have to be accepted by a moderator or admin before the public can see their posts.

• @johndoe641 they could try a temporary block on opening new accounts. Unless the spammers have a slew of sleeper accounts already enrolled and waiting to be activated, they'll be dead in the water till new accounts are re-activated. Perhaps account enrolment needs some anti-bot tests, though there do seem to be ways around those, now.

• @johndoe641 said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@ghostship said in Korean language spammer in the Poser forums:

@DarthJ It's vacation time for lots of people here in the US. And it IS a weekend. You can't expect a paid employee to not have time off. Be easy on these folks.

The problem is that they may need to ban a certain ISP or range of IP's to prevent the spammer from simply creating new bots. Less drastic measures would be anti spam bot capta's before someone signs up.

Yes a Captcha would work, or some other method that bans anyone from joining until they prove they're a real person and not a bot.