Genesis 3 To Poser 11 Without Going Into Daz Studio

• Poser Ambassadors

A Poser 11 render of Genesis 3 in Poser 11.

If you are interested in rendering Genesis 3 in Poser 11without going into Daz Studio
    I have a new tutorial out that shows all of the steps..
    Cheerio
    lululee

0_1469129375688_Gallery-1-S.jpg

• @lululee
    Interesting. But, sorry to ask, was it your intention to give a link?

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    I'm not sure if I am allowed to give a link. It is in my store at Renderosity at 1/2 price.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Thanks for asking F_Verbaas, as I was wondering the same thing when I saw the original post a little earlier.

Thanks for letting us know where to find it lululee. :)

• Just a heads up. The free Semidieu DAZ plugin needed as part of this tutorial set, is not available from RuntimeDNA as they trasnfer their content to DAZ3D. I just tried.

• @ibr_remote I just tried again. The log-in is unsteady. Yes, I can get the plug-in by Semidieu.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Miss B
    Dimension 3D's XL Library works as well as Shaderworks.
    It is also available at Renderosity.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee said in Genesis 3 To Poser 11 Without Going Into Daz Studio:

Hi Miss B
    Dimension 3D's XL Library works as well as Shaderworks.
    It is also available at Renderosity.
    Cheerio
    lululee

Thank you, I'll check it out shortly. :-)

• @lululee Does this work with Genesis 1 or 2?

• Poser Ambassadors

Snarlygrubbly?

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Snarlygribbly,
    I truly apologize for the wrong spelling of your name. I have such respect for your work and the amazing gift you have given us with EZSkin. I hope you will accept my apology.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Snarlygribbly,
    I truly apologize for the wrong spelling of your name. I have such respect for your work and the amazing gift you have given us with EZSkin. I hope you will accept my apology. I tried to fix it but it did not update properly.
    I am going to ask shurdavid if he can fix it for me.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

willshetterly,
    yes this will work on any version of Genesis .
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee I just realized that you didn't specify Windows or Mac, so I'm guessing you used Windows. Would the process be similar enough on a Mac that your tutorial would be helpful?

• Poser Ambassadors

@lululee Ha ha! No worries - I have been called much worse :-D
    It's great to see you making such cool things and it makes me happy that one of my scripts can play a small part in your project.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    If Dimension3d's library manager promo page says it works on a mac.

Willdial's "
    Genesis 3 to poser updater"
    From a forum thread:" I run in WINE. But I ran it inside Winebottler and it appears to work (it gave no errors). I told it to wrap the application and the files in the folder. A couple of notes:"
    Of EZSkin 3 works on a Mac you should be all set.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

Snarlygribbly,
    Thank so much for not taking offense.
    willdial and I have been working on this project since Feb's release of his plugin.

We know we could not truly appeal to Poser users if they had to go back and forth to Daz Studio to open every pose, character etc file and convert the PCF files for Genesis 3 and al versions of Genesis.

I discovered Semidieu's Shaderworks Library Manager but after most of the video was done most people could no longer purchase it. Luckily I discovered Dimension3D's XL library manager worked just as well.

The next MAJOR problem we hit was there is no vendor support for G3 characters in Poser11. I knew a lot of Poser users would have no clue how to set up shader files.
    It was the discovery of EZSkin 3 that made the project viable.

With EZSkin3 you eliminated the need for vendor support, especially products that were previously released. Your inclusion of the ability to create hair shaders is a huge advantage as of course your amazing character textures..

I, along with the entire Poser community, are very grateful to you for taking your valuable time to create and provide us with your amazing EZSkin3.
    Without your EZskin3 the project would not have worked.

Heartfelt thanks,Snarlygribbly.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• At first I'd like to thank lululee, Snarlygribbly, Willdial and Dimension3D for their splendid efforts to make G3 available to the Poser users. I bought all the required products and I am just beginning to decide if G3F is a worthy successor to the trusty V4. After going through lululee's tutorial and browsing through many forums, I am now able to pose a G3F character inside Poser Pro 11, give her some clothes and render her properly. But there are some question that arose during my learning process. I hope this is the right place to ask them.

Why are the custom morphs not showing up in the library?
    If I install custom face or body morphs, they do not show up in the XL library manager. I can see some "zero pose" entries under Genesis 3 Female/Shapes but the morph injections are missing completely.
    Do I have to inject those morphs in DAZ Studio and export the modified G3F character using the standard procedure involving the G3 Poser Updater?

Is there a way around the very basic materials?
    When I apply a skin material to my G3F in Poser via XL, the only thing that is being used is the diffuse texture map. Okay, EZSkin3 takes care of converting this to a useful skin material (I am using SuperFly, BTW), but it does not use the specular or normal (bump) maps that I can see inside the texture folder. Additionally, some G3F characters seem to use layered textures for make-up, that do not work at all and leave the face skin completely white.
    I know that 3DF and IRay are different from Cycles, but is there any way to convert the materials? Or does it mean strenuous tweaking of cycles nodes and manually inserting textures for every character and make-up?

• When you have the figure in poser, is a DSON script still running in the background? How quick is it to move the character around and have say 6 in a scene, compared with just using M4 and V4.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    Here is the link to the forum for questions and trouble shooting.
    Willdial checks that forum regularly. He knows a lot more about the technical side than I do so it would be a benefit to post questions there.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?forum_id=12503

estherau,
    Willdial works with a lot of characters in his scenes. I know he likes to use Genesis 3 in scenes with Dawn, V4 and others so he could answer your question better than I can.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.