Genesis 3 To Poser 11 Without Going Into Daz Studio

• Poser Ambassadors

@xen
    Yes, it does all work.

"What are we giving up vs using it in DS? (Other than iRay vs Superfly)"
    Basically, you are giving up the myth that Genesis 3 does not work in Poser 11.
    I mean that in a respectful way.
    Somewhere something changed and DSON with either Dimension3D's XL library manager or Semidieu's Shaderworks library manger2 with the DazStudio plugin
    writes the Poser Companion automatically and converts Genesis 3 to triax.
    That changes things and makes it easy.
    If you are a Poser user, and want the choice to set up your scene and render Genesis 3 in Poser 11 either firefly or superfly you it will be able to do that in a very seamless manner if you have an interest in working with Genesis 3 in Poser.

Cheerio
    lululee

• @xen I haven't done this, but the big difference I want is the ability to use comic book mode with Genesis 3.

• Poser Ambassadors

@grubendol
    I, too, am a Poser user since version 1 and I am also happily impressed with the latest version of Poser 11.
    As a vendor, I am now hybrid (working in both DS and Poser).
    I personally like the IRAY render but would never want to give up Poser firefly or now Superfly. I think when you start out with a software and really learn it, it becomes like a familiar friend
    that understands HOW you like to create with. To me, Poser renders skin absolutely exquisitely for my style of art.

Also as a vendor I still do all of my development in Poser. Even for DS. Once I have a product developed in Poser I just copy and paste my file names from my Poser mat or material files into DS for DS mats. I do mostly bodygloves and characters so it is simple for me to do that.

When I started working with willdial and Genesis 3 in Poser on the original tutorial set we were not sure if we could get things to work.
    I wanted a cost effective path because I did not want to make a big investment and then realize it was too time consuming.

I purchased some pose converting products from Dimension3d that enabled me to take all of my V4 poses, dump them into 1 folder and batch convert them first to Genesis 2, then the Genesis 2 files to Genesis 3. That was a way for a low entry price. Now I don't have to buy any new poses for Genesis 3.

I also purchased from Dimension3d the converters to convert V4 and even V3 morphs to Genesis 2 them Genesis 2 to Genesis 3.
    I can use Blacksmith 3d's texture converter to convert all of my V4 character textures and all of my bodygloves to Genesis 3 .
    I was able to do all of this in a very cost effective way

Now, you might ask, why would I bother with Genesis 3 when I already have V4 working just fine.
    As an artist I saw that available new Poser products forV4 that interested me were dwindling.
    As a vendor, a Genesis 3 product sold 3 to 10 times better than the same V4 product. That to me is a no brainer.
    As a happy Poser user I am not going to give up Poser. No way!
    That meant Genesis 3 had to come with me into Poser and be easy to work with on a daily basis.
    Hence my workflow.
    I have to say I am now very happy with my workflow and keep trying to improve it every day.
    I am happy to share my experience because we are a community and the stronger we are as a community the more fun we have.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

@estherau
    As artists, we have to find the workflow that works best for us.
    You have really accomplished something with your amazing comics and are in inspiration to all of us with your excellent work.
    I always read your posts because you find and do really interesting things.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee Excuse the digression, but does Dimension3d have a pose converter that works in Poser? I only see the V4 converter at Daz3d, which says it's only for Daz. But if it works for Poser, I'll grab it since it's 50% off right now.

• This post is deleted!

• Poser Ambassadors

@willshetterly
    As far as I know the pose converter only does the conversion in Daz Studio.
    1-I convert the V4 to Genesis 2 pose folder first in DS
    2-Convert the new Genesis 2 poses to Genesis 3 poses in DS
    3- Now I can open each Genesis 3 converted pose inside of Poser through Dimension3d's XL Library manager

Basically, I've learned to use Daz Studio as a "utility" to do jobs for Poser.
    If you want screen shots o can make them for you.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee Thank you, but no need for screen caps. I'm putting it on my wish list so I won't forget about it, but I'll wait a bit to decide whether it's a must-have.

• Poser Ambassadors

@xen
    Here's an image I put together in less than 15 minutes from start to render.
    2 Genesis 3 (outter) 2 V4 (Inner)
    Mind you, this is not a high quality render, in fact it is kind of sloppy because it is just a quick test., but it was quite fast and I have an older computer.

![alt text](0_1469562958179_G3-RE-Torso-Slim-05.png image url)

• Poser Ambassadors

@willshetterly
    Ok. Just let me know if you want the screen shots later.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• This post is deleted!

• @lululee Oh, one more question! The V4 to Genesis 1 & 2 pose converter can do a batch conversion, I believe. Once the poses are in DAZ, can you do a batch conversion for Poser, or do you need to convert the poses one at a time?

• Poser Ambassadors

@willshetterly said in Genesis 3 To Poser 11 Without Going Into Daz Studio:

@lululee Oh, one more question! The V4 to Genesis 1 & 2 pose converter can do a batch conversion, I believe. Once the poses are in DAZ, can you do a batch conversion for Poser, or do you need to convert the poses one at a time?

Once the pose files are converted in DS to Genesis 3 you are basically done.
    Now you simply open them with your Dimension3D's XL library manager inside of Poser.
    No need to convert them for Poser because the XL library manager will do that for you.
    Just make sure you save them to the Daz Studio content folder that Poser is accessing.
    Cheerio
    lululee
    lululee

• This post is deleted!

• Poser Ambassadors

@xen
    Hi, I was away for the weekend.
    I've posted screen shots in the trouble shooting forum.
    Please keep me posted.
    You are very close to victory.
    Cheerio
    lululee

[https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2904796](link url)

• This post is deleted!

• Poser Ambassadors

@xen
    That is very odd. I have no problem with the triax with just loading it.
    What version of XL are you using?
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee After not touching G3F for a long time, I watched your video series again and wondered about the Runtime directory. In your Video Intro-FilesAndTips you say that I should put my Poser Runtime folder in the same directory as the DSON Contents. I tried without doing so, but I keep getting Python errors from DSON.

Using Poser 11 Pro, I actually have two Runtime folders:
    Poser 11\Runtime
    Poser 11 Content\Runtime

I have most of the Poser content in my old Poser Pro 2012 Runtime, though, which I added as an additional library.

So.... where should I copy my DSON content now? Or can I move my Poser 11 runtime folder (which one?) to the place where the DSON content resides (on a different drive)? If so, how can I tell Poser where its runtime directory lies?

• @lululee
    I understand you can now get Genesis3 working in Poser11, but can you convert G3 clothing to work with V4 using these tools/method?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I never ventured down the Genesis route because of all the work involved.

• Poser Ambassadors

@rolanddm800 said in Genesis 3 To Poser 11 Without Going Into Daz Studio:

@lululee
    I understand you can now get Genesis3 working in Poser11, but can you convert G3 clothing to work with V4 using these tools/method?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I never ventured down the Genesis route because of all the work involved.
    I would post this question in a separate thread. I believe there are a number of ways you can convert G3 clothing to V4 using the morph and fit tools. In a separate thread you'll get better answers from the people who are good at that. I wouldn't mind seeing that answer myself.
    Cheerio
    lululee